Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 21:51   #16
God Member

Re: They must be treated with respect.

Have actually heard that hospital staff have been advised to do the same, the difference being if people in hospital want to be addressed as Mr/Mrs/Miss/Master that should be their perogative. So whilst I can see using prisoners first names might be seen as getting chummy why not just use their last surname?
Old 01-10-2008, 21:54   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Have actually heard that hospital staff have been advised to do the same, the difference being if people in hospital want to be addressed as Mr/Mrs/Miss/Master that should be their perogative. So whilst I can see using prisoners first names might be seen as getting chummy why not just use their last surname?
they didn't with me at Burnley General this aft, mind you probably didn't know ive been knighted.
Old 01-10-2008, 22:04   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Too right it does...they should be calling them by their surnames!
Or their number,surname and offence for which they are in prison for.
We in the Army of old had to give: No Rank and name....First name was a no no until you achieved an equivelent rank to your peers.
Sgt Major Britton the Senior Warrant Officer in the British Army once said to a collection of trainee officers:
'You call me Sir....I call you Sir....You mean it...I dont.
Human rights my arse.....Let them spend some time in a military glasshouse for the first twelve months of the sentence and they would think twice about re-offending.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 22:05   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they didn't with me at Burnley General this aft, mind you probably didn't know ive been knighted.
You can't expect to be called Sir when you go into hospital.

You were lucky not to be called cock.

Remember the shameful fuss that woman once kicked up over that?
Old 01-10-2008, 22:12   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

or mummy!!
I got that one last week 'hows mummy feeling today?'
how should i know, i dont know your mum do i?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 22:13   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

remember it well, they can call me owt,slong as they sort me.
Old 01-10-2008, 22:14   #22
God Member

Quote:
That is a term of endearment I would relish....I would know I was amongst friends.

Old 01-10-2008, 22:21   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That is a term of endearment I would relish....I would know I was amongst friends.
the dictionary says "Relish" to enjoy the taste of, maybe this should be in over 18s.
Old 01-10-2008, 22:27   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the dictionary says "Relish" to enjoy the taste of, maybe this should be in over 18s.
That's funny............but I love to eat lambs fries.
Nice play on words............dont fancy bulls wessen as a delicacy as in cock.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:23   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Thats the woman who lives (or did) up New Lane with the double barrelled name Lilly, from what I've heard she's half a pork pie short of a picnic. I'm like cashy on this, in hospital they can call me what they want so long as the get me out in one piece, although I have recently had two home visits from medical staff and on each occasion they asked me if they cold call me John. To me its a no brainer, anybody who is prepared to take time to come and look after my interests, in my home for my benefit don't need to ask, I'm just glad they're aking the trouble
Old 02-10-2008, 20:33   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats the woman who lives (or did) up New Lane with the double barrelled name Lilly, from what I've heard she's half a pork pie short of a picnic. I'm like cashy on this, in hospital they can call me what they want so long as the get me out in one piece, although I have recently had two home visits from medical staff and on each occasion they asked me if they cold call me John. To me its a no brainer, anybody who is prepared to take time to come and look after my interests, in my home for my benefit don't need to ask, I'm just glad they're aking the trouble
I agree with you and Cashy....if I am in hospital they can call me what they want. I'm just grateful for their help.....shame there aren't more like us, eh?
Old 02-10-2008, 22:36   #27
Resting in Peace

Does appear to be a compromise between Christian names, which could have seemed a little over-friendly in the past, and just the surname.

Think a good idea myself .. 'course depends on the inflection of the address, doesn't it. If you emphasis the mr Smith then does come across differently than same level of emphasis on Mr. Smith .. crumbs .. difficult on text .. LOL

I hate the expression 'you guys' when obviously I am not of the male gender, find this extremely insulting.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 22:51   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Heard on the box last night that prison officers have now to call their charges MR and treat them with respect, you couldn't make it up. What plannet do these buraucrats live on. If these people want treating with respect they should keep their noses clean and stay out of jail. You can just imagin can't you. "I say Mr Huntley would you mind going back to your cell please, in your your own time sir, no rush, thank you"!!!!!!!!!
I think its much better them saying "Hey you get your ass in gear and get back in your cage, you scumbag"
You do talk crap Jaysay..never any back up links ,,just stuff you get from the daily mail or wherever you find the time to trawl for stuff that means nothing
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 23:55   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
or mummy!!
I got that one last week 'hows mummy feeling today?'
how should i know, i dont know your mum do i?
Oh my goodness Emamum ! How patronising !!.. would at the least given her/him the slit eyed look; at the worst hit her over her/him over the head with an oxygen bottle, depending on the hormone balance at the time. Would possibly asked how 'Nursey-wursey was today' ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You do talk crap Jaysay..never any back up links ,,just stuff you get from the daily mail or wherever you find the time to trawl for stuff that means nothing
Oh see you've got over Uniteds' thumping at Anfield thenIf you'd wipe the sleep out of your eyes you'll notice I did say it was on the box, thats the television Mancie, not the Mail.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..