Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 20:56   #91
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: things that make me feel old

Oh heck, it's 50 years this month since I started my O Levels and 50 years in July since I left school. I have a daughter aged 45 who has a son aged 23 and my big brother is nearly 76. Yep, I feel pretty old.
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2009, 21:01   #92
Beacon of light

When you are young you live in the future......you always have plans...things you are going to achieve and do......you can tell when you are old because you spend a lot of time reliving your past......but at least we have a past to relive
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:12   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Gayle it won't be long before I will be celebrating 50 years since leaving school....now that is what makes you feel old!
Yes I know Margaret
Old 09-05-2009, 11:13   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well last night Paris n i went to a concert at "Burnley Mechanics" had a ball great night, but down at the front of the stage was approx 100 people who danced all bloody night, funny thing was most were too young to have ever seen the group, we loved it, but were sat about half way up in centre, muttering to each other, were the hell do they get the energy to do that, we couldn't manage it without collapsing in a snotty heap, NOW THAT sight made us feel old. also envious.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:19   #95

When the stuff you used to throw away becomes collectible.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsusie View Post
When the stuff you used to throw away becomes collectible.
don't go there please susie very sore point wi me.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:23   #97
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Being told by someone who went to the same school as me that she's attending the 25 yr anniversary of leaving school. Then have her point out that I was in the year above her!!!!!
Gayle I've just been looking at some pictures of a reunion they had last year, I didn't go. When I was going through them I kept thinking who's that old git, then realising it was someone I used to sit next to and wondering do I look like that?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Gayle I've just been looking at some pictures of a reunion they had last year, I didn't go. When I was going through them I kept thinking who's that old git, then realising it was someone I used to sit next to and wondering do I look like that?
That's why I never go to reunions.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..