Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 11:40   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Third Mosque for Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Chill out a little.
I am.

I find exposing idiocy very relaxing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2008, 13:08   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have nothing at all against any briton being commemorated on our stamps, within reason, as far as Marie Stopes is concerned she does not enter those boundaries. imho, n find it strange some try to justify her inclusion. probably cos they were not aware of the things garinda posted, n are too stubborn to hold their hands up.
Old 10-11-2008, 15:12   #63

Couldn't have put it better myself Garry.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 15:31   #64
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Third Mosque for Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
i wish jambutty would stop goin on about sharia - when it happens i'll make sure we implement it on you first yeah? i'll be the one with the whip....

as for this mosque - i hope it doesnt go through. there's no need for it. tariq ali is a bag of hot air which is why he didnt get elected. i do hope it gets made into a kids play area - a footy pitch or something. THATS needed a mosque isnt. the one just up from willows lane barely gets full on daily prayers and they all go to grimshaw st mosque for the friday prayers which still doesnt get full. only on the rare funerals i've seen that place get full and on eid prayers.

its in a bad location too - if possible they should seek to extend the grimshaw st site esp wtih the derelict site near by.
Getting above yourself aren’t you?

For your information mani this is a forum where members can express their views.

If you don’t like what I post then don’t read.
Old 10-11-2008, 15:41   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't think a woman such as Marie Stopes, a supporter of eugenics, and who sent Hitler a love letter and a book of her poems, is a person who deserves much admiration.

Royal Mail condemned for honouring 'Nazi' Marie Stopes in Women of Distinction stamps | Mail Online
You learn something every day as they say......I never knew that Marie Stopes was acccused of being a nazi sympathiser.

However, she wasn't all bad, she did do a lot of good work for women and reproductive services.
Old 10-11-2008, 15:59   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
have nothing at all against any briton being commemorated on our stamps, within reason, as far as Marie Stopes is concerned she does not enter those boundaries. imho, n find it strange some try to justify her inclusion. probably cos they were not aware of the things garinda posted, n are too stubborn to hold their hands up.
If that comment was directed at me, I was well aware that Marie Stopes had some ideas on Selective Breeding but as previously stated I do not see that as her lasting contribution to society and hence not worth the fuss
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 18:22   #67
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
However, she wasn't all bad, she did do a lot of good work for women and reproductive services.
Yes, but with her sending love letters to Hitler, being a Nazi symathiser, and an exponent of eugenics, it puts a rather different slant on why she didn't want the great unwashed breeding.

Old 10-11-2008, 18:27   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If that comment was directed at me, I was well aware that Marie Stopes had some ideas on Selective Breeding but as previously stated I do not see that as her lasting contribution to society and hence not worth the fuss
Yeah, forget Auschwitz and Belsen, those autobahns the Nazi's built are damn fine roads.

Old 10-11-2008, 23:02   #69

[quote=garinda;647805]Reportedly there could be 'a large community centre at the side of the building'.

Also reported in the local press is the fact that this is a private enterprise, there is no mention of any public funds being used.

As for how many mosques are needed I suppose that's down to supply and demand, the same as it is for churches.[/quote

Just because there is no mention of public funding in the local press does not mean there is none.There was also no mention in the local press when
most of the muslim students at Moorhead school where chanting and cheering when the nine eleven atrocity took place
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 23:17   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Reportedly there could be 'a large community centre at the side of the building'.

Also reported in the local press is the fact that this is a private enterprise, there is no mention of any public funds being used.

As for how many mosques are needed I suppose that's down to supply and demand, the same as it is for churches.[/quote

Just because there is no mention of public funding in the local press does not mean there is none.There was also no mention in the local press when
most of the muslim students at Moorhead school where chanting and cheering when the nine eleven atrocity took place
There was no mention in the press report of the new Mosque being built in space, and brought down to Accy by little green men either.

Perhaps that's going to happen too.

Old 10-11-2008, 23:23   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
well if the cap fits so they say, but as you are aware on certain ideas of hers, please enlighten us, after all they aint worth the fuss.
Old 10-11-2008, 23:28   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The new mosque and community centre in Dublin looks very impressive.

http://www.islamfortoday.com/ireland.htm
My son is visiting this Mosque on Wednesday on a school trip.This mosque
has been allowed to be built purely for show to let Europe know how tolerant the Irish are towards ethnic communities.I would guess there is more chance of me winning the lotto than any more being built in Ireland
The Irish people have a lot more say in there goverment and beleive in when in Rome do as the romans do.They show tolerence but expect immigrants to embrace there culture and not try and change it.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 23:45   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The Irish people have a lot more say in there goverment and beleive in when in Rome do as the romans do.They show tolerence but expect immigrants to embrace there culture and not try and change it.
if thats the case, good on em.
Old 10-11-2008, 23:49   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
They show tolerence but expect immigrants to embrace there culture and not try and change it.
Cool, it's nice to know you're enjoying your Riverdance classes.

Old 12-11-2008, 21:17   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Getting above yourself aren’t you?

For your information mani this is a forum where members can express their views.

If you don’t like what I post then don’t read.
similar

if you dont like what i'm writing - dont read them - and i'm sure a while back you put me on block - how blessed thy moment was

i'm expressing my views about you and i'm entirely free to do so in which way i choose.

so please - dont read! its not as if you could do that really well either.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..