Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2009, 17:01   #31
Super Moderator

Re: This sums up our justice system to the full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
put us in Eurpoe without the promised referendum
Oh right, so the Tories are going to give us a referendum then? I'll look forward to seeing that.
Old 23-12-2009, 17:34   #32
JFT96

I doubt any party will give us a referendum, but thanks for that, you just illustrated my point.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 17:41   #33
God Member

a bit closer to home , lot of good its doing the folk of the Blackburn/Darwen area having Jack Straw (Justice Minister) as local MP , makes one wonder who the Labour Party really represents .

Failed asylum seeker who killed 12-year-old girl wins court bid to stay in Britain | Mail Online
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 17:55   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is not punishment, just a good night out with a friendly girl
I little bit of torture and whipping I can handle .... but I think I'll pass on the hanging etc. And what do you pay these friendly girls of yours
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 19:44   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I little bit of torture and whipping I can handle .... but I think I'll pass on the hanging etc. And what do you pay these friendly girls of yours
Not really sure, Eric, not been down the Barbary Coast for a fair while now, so lost track of the going rates.
Old 23-12-2009, 19:47   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
heard they usually ask= Can ya change a pound!
Old 23-12-2009, 20:07   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
I doubt any party will give us a referendum, but thanks for that, you just illustrated my point.
So if the Tories have also broken their promise on having a referendum, what's the point of laying it at Labour's door...or is that just a prime example of the sort of hypocritical, tit-for-tat, electioneering that has brought mainstream politics into such disrepute in this country?
Old 23-12-2009, 20:13   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So if the Tories have also broken their promise on having a referendum, what's the point of laying it at Labour's door...or is that just a prime example of the sort of hypocritical, tit-for-tat, electioneering that has brought mainstream politics into such disrepute in this country?
Perhaps it's because Labour are the governing party and had every chance to give us a referendum before it was ratified. You know a referendum on Lisbon after it's implemented is a complete waste of time and money.
Old 23-12-2009, 20:24   #39
God Member

Democracy provides the illusion of choice.
Communism is more honest, but you are still a work slave just the same.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 21:07   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
a bit closer to home , lot of good its doing the folk of the Blackburn/Darwen area having Jack Straw (Justice Minister) as local MP , makes one wonder who the Labour Party really represents .

Failed asylum seeker who killed 12-year-old girl wins court bid to stay in Britain | Mail Online
Would be surprised if you could find a case of an asylum seeker being sent home anywhere in this god foresaken country of ours. Unfortunately they have "human rights", sod the poor victims and their families.
Old 23-12-2009, 21:47   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Perhaps it's because Labour are the governing party and had every chance to give us a referendum before it was ratified. You know a referendum on Lisbon after it's implemented is a complete waste of time and money.
Funny how the Blair clone who leads you never actually mentioned this when he was giving us a "cast iron promise" on the subject. So if it's a waste of time and money, how about a referendum on the whole question of our membership of the EU? Or do your leaders not have the stomach for that, because they're actually in favour of the EU superstate?
Old 23-12-2009, 21:54   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Funny how the Blair clone who leads you never actually mentioned this when he was giving us a "cast iron promise" on the subject. So if it's a waste of time and money, how about a referendum on the whole question of our membership of the EU? Or do your leaders not have the stomach for that, because they're actually in favour of the EU superstate?
They did mention it. They'd been saying it for a long time. I want a referendum on the EU (and I'd vote to be out)
Old 23-12-2009, 22:02   #43
JFT96

Quote:
So if the Tories have also broken their promise on having a referendum, what's the point of laying it at Labour's door
Wynonie, Labour promised a Referendum on the Euro, over 12 years ago.......Still waiting.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 22:21   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
They did mention it. They'd been saying it for a long time. I want a referendum on the EU (and I'd vote to be out)
So, you want to leave the EU, but you're a member of a political party that wants to carry on in the EU? Oh well, I suppose it makes sense to you!
Old 23-12-2009, 22:26   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wynonie, Labour promised a Referendum on the Euro, over 12 years ago.......Still waiting.
Can't say that's very high on my, or I would imagine anyone else's list of priorities. The whole question of EU membership is, though, and will become inceasingly so, as Brussels starts to acquire more and more control over our lives. However, as your lot want to carry with the great EU experiment, it's not in their interests to give the UK electorate a say on the subject. It'll all end in tears, though!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..