Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2009, 22:17   #46
God Member

Re: This sums up our justice system to the full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, you want to leave the EU, but you're a member of a political party that wants to carry on in the EU? Oh well, I suppose it makes sense to you!
There isn't a political party that I agree with on every issue. A party system exists for like minded people to come together.. doesn't mean I have to agree on every issue.
Old 23-12-2009, 22:38   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And what do you pay these friendly girls of yours
When we have finished of course. Do you have to pay cash up front in Canada?
Old 23-12-2009, 22:46   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
You know a referendum on Lisbon after it's implemented is a complete waste of time and money.
No it is not. It could be a "Do you want to pull out of Europe" referendum.

At least they would know what the public want then they could ignore us like every other party does.
Old 23-12-2009, 22:48   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

At least they would know what the public want then they could ignore us like every other party does.
Well yes it is. You suggest a different referendum which I agree we should have... but I was specifically talking about the Lisbon treaty referendum being a waste of time and money now it's implemented.
Old 23-12-2009, 23:28   #50
God Member

Quote:
When we have finished of course. Do you have to pay cash up front in Canada?
In Canada we have to debate whether payment is a Provincial or Federal responsibility
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 23:30   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Well yes it is. You suggest a different referendum which I agree we should have... but I was specifically talking about the Lisbon treaty referendum being a waste of time and money now it's implemented.
The Lisbon treaty one would not be a waste on money either. It would prove if the current Government were wrong to sign it and the Tories (if they get in) could make the required steps to un sign it.
Old 24-12-2009, 00:03   #52
God Member

Quote:
The Lisbon treaty one would not be a waste on money either. It would prove if the current Government were wrong to sign it and the Tories (if they get in) could make the required steps to un sign it.
They can't unsign it without the agreement of the other 26 countries. Previous to it being implemented the current government could quite easily have not signed it which would have prevented it from ever going into force. We can however pull out without the need of an agreement which is why we should have a referendum on EU membership.
Old 24-12-2009, 01:02   #53
God Member

Quote:
They can't unsign it without the agreement of the other 26 countries. .
So what you are actually saying is that H.Ms Govt. has its hands tied by the Slovakians and the Slovenians (wonder how many UK voters can find these places on a map) , or maybe the elected Politicians agree that its a good thing that places like Latvia , Lithuania , Estonia and Roumania (places that have had a democratic tradition for less than 10 years) and still have the old communist guard in control can dictate public policy for the UK .

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 01:44   #54
God Member

Quote:

or do it the old fashioned way and riot until our govenment gets a set of balls and tells teh EU to screw themselves

dont see why not it worked with teh poll tax

you cant speak with a vote any nore it just dosnt work simply because we dont even get one , unelected primeminister , no referendum and our freedom of speech gagged into almost utter silence

now i sound like iv been joining mancie on teh booze lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 02:33   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
or do it the old fashioned way and riot until our govenment gets a set of balls and tells teh EU to screw themselves

dont see why not it worked with teh poll tax

you cant speak with a vote any nore it just dosnt work simply because we dont even get one , unelected primeminister , no referendum and our freedom of speech gagged into almost utter silence

now i sound like iv been joining mancie on teh booze lol
Of course you can speak with a vote ... in 1993 in Canada, the tories were reduced from a maority in parliament to just two seats ... the vote does work if people are po'd enought.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 03:47   #56
JFT96

Accyman, you may have a point there.....

Wynonie, I have never ever been a member of any Political party and have no intention of doing so. Yes I am a Capitalist so that makes me right wing, but the mess that the country is in, do you really think that it can be allowed to continue?
I don't particularly like Dave, I preferred Hague, but I will not vote for the shower we have in at the moment and I will be exercising my power to vote.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 07:33   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
There isn't a political party that I agree with on every issue. A party system exists for like minded people to come together.. doesn't mean I have to agree on every issue.
Yes, I suppose a minor issue over whether the UK should remain an independent country or not isn't really worth falling out over.

Personally, I'm with Accyman on the barricades!
Old 24-12-2009, 08:17   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Might be a better person after the brain damage IMHO...........
It seems not, as he's been on a crime spree since the attack, but now it seems he's free from any future prosecution.

Nice work if you can get it.

Perhaps he's secretly become a M.P.

'The burglar left 'brain damaged' by a victim used his injuries to escape conviction for a subsequent crime spree, it emerged yesterday.
Walid Salem, 57, first avoided prison for burglary when millionaire Munir Hussain was jailed for beating him with a cricket bat.'

'Yesterday it was revealed the serial criminal was accused of committing more offences after he had recovered.'

'However, he received an absolute discharge for those because he was deemed unfit to plead.'

'The case last night prompted claims that Salem had effectively been given 'a licence to commit crime'.'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:31   #59
God Member

it looks like this " hes got a problem " has now spread to adults, not only is it kids getting off with crimes because they have "problems" but now adults can claim they have problems and get away with crime

this crooks brain dammage cant be that bad if its allowing him to carry on with his life of crime

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-12-2009, 10:33   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Personally, I'm with Accyman on the barricades!
oh great now i have somone in agreement i will probably get done for inciting to riot but notto worry i will claim i have brain damage which shoudlnt be too hard to pull off and walk away free

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..