Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32   #31
Beacon of light

Re: three children

Well, I'm sorry if I misread your intentions Tin Monkey.......I thought you were implying that the murder of children by their parents, who then claimed mental instability, was a game.

And Blazey, this woman could be suffering from a very well recognised condition called 'post natal depression/psychosis' and I would have thought you at least would have had a little more sensitivity to the situation. You disappoint me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, I'm sorry if I misread your intentions Tin Monkey.......I thought you were implying that the murder of children by their parents, who then claimed mental instability, was a game.

And Blazey, this woman could be suffering from a very well recognised condition called 'post natal depression/psychosis' and I would have thought you at least would have had a little more sensitivity to the situation. You disappoint me.
Yes I am fully aware of what she could have been suffering from, my point was against what tin monkey was saying, and that was that the defences of diminished responsibility and insanity are not 'playing the game' or an easy way out of a prison sentence at all.

Yes I made the mistake of suggesting she HAS killed her children, from what I briefly read in the sun on passing glance it was clear that the parents are indeed involved in some way though, and either of them could be suffering from ill health. I was simply annoyed at tin monkeys post. I actually feel sorry for the family, but obviously that doesn't come across when you are reading into what I say as you would prefer it to sound, and we never want me to sound nice and caring do we.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:00   #33
Resident Waffler

Tin Monkey was referring to the media hype. The way the papers immediately jump on a story from the worst angle possible.

It now appears that the father wasn't even in the house when the stabbings took place and yet many people were ready to blame him in the beginning and jumping on an "Asian honour killing" bandwagon because the family are from Sri Lanka.

I was intrigued by mention of the fact that the mother had blood on her back.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:28   #34
Beacon of light

Blazey, it would good if you could occaisonally show a softer side....one that appears to be less judgmental, and a little more sympathetic to people who are in the throes of what must be a very traumatic situation.....but just be yourself...I can live with that.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:16   #35
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

If this woman was depressed then why hasnt the health visitor picked up on this?
surely she must have sensed something
Old 02-06-2008, 12:48   #36
God Member

This is her 3rd child aint it?

Health Visitor will have visited for about a week after the child was born, unless asked to visit longer, so if there is something wrong with the woman, there might not have been when a health visitor was seeing them
Old 02-06-2008, 13:33   #37
Beacon of light

The lady in question is reported to have little command of english...and the scoring scheme is easy to see through and give the answers that represent good mental health...perhaps the post natal psychoses has only just manifested itself...it isn't always something that comes on as soon as the baby is born.
Old 02-06-2008, 14:26   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The lady in question is reported to have little command of english...and the scoring scheme is easy to see through and give the answers that represent good mental health...perhaps the post natal psychoses has only just manifested itself...it isn't always something that comes on as soon as the baby is born.
the edingurgh scale? thats very easy to lie on... there must be a better system they can use.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 17:04   #39
Beacon of light

Yes, that is the one...and I'm not aware of any other scoring tool for PND/PNP.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..