Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 07:37   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Time To Ban Firework Sales????

I don't see why those huge things are sold to the general public at all.That certainly should not be allowed. But as for age - well some adults have proved they are as dangerous with fireworks as any child.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 08:38   #17
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

fire works have been around for years, its the manufacturers who should be banned from making this stupid loud bangers, and stupid people also, but it will never happen, the goverment are probably making too much money from them, maybe the silly culprits will do us all a favour and blow thier bloody hands off!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:40   #18
Resting in Peace

There was a lot of them going off round this area last night i though i had got my dates wrong
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:29   #19
God Member

I really wish fireworks could only be allowed at organised displays and on one night of the year only - maybe then my poor dog wouldn't be driven mad by the damn things night after night. Tried tablets from the vets last year but they really didn't work.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:34   #20
Resting in Peace

Your supposed to give the tablet to the dog not take them yourself
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:15   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Time To Ban Firework Sales????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
I have said it in other threads. Fire works should be BANNED full stop. Nasty, horrible DANGEROUS things.
Fireworks aren’t dangerous until you light one ANNE. It is the idiot lighting one inappropriately that is dangerous.

Sadly we cannot ban people but banning fireworks would only send then underground.

What is needed is stiffer penalties for misusing fireworks. But then we would need more police to enforce them.
Old 01-11-2007, 14:41   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Your supposed to give the tablet to the dog not take them yourself
Ah ..... thats where I went wrong, must read the instructions properly next time
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 17:02   #23
God Member

I don't know about fireworks, but it's about time we banned this 'trick or Treat' nonsense; it is no more than blackmail. Unfortunatley, the little devils are under the age of criminal responsibility, otherwise we would have about a million of 'em locked up alongside those two that tried to do the Windsors the other month.
Anyway, I had a couple of 'em round last night ringing the door bell. This time I was prepared - I borrowed the neighbour's rottweiler. It's bark is louder than it's bite, but nevertheless when I let it loose at the front door those little rascals soon shifted. They may have been 10 or 11 year old, but they ran like Olympic champions.

Anyway, I doubt if they'll be back next year!

woof woof!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..