Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2005, 09:58   #16

Re: Tinks&Slinks Film Critics

Willy Wonka 7/10 thought it was great

Herbie fully loaded 10/10 but then we love cars in our house

I am waiting for Wallace and Grommit the movie, Cars the one about the nanny & Harry Potter.

Slightly off thread....Does anyone else feel a bit peeved that all showings are full price during school holidays? When in term time it's £3.50 each before 12 mid day.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2005, 10:34   #17
God Member

Nanny McFee is the other one I want to watch. Looks like it is going to be on a similar level to Mary Popins but it looks quite good.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 10:38   #18
God Member

Nanny McFee that's it ..... gggrrrr could I think what it was called

She reminds me of someone ...... can't think who yet but it will come to me
Old 18-08-2005, 10:39   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle

She reminds me of someone ...... can't think who yet but it will come to me

mum??? is that really you mum??
Old 18-08-2005, 10:41   #20
God Member

LMFAO!!!!! That's the one !!

Better not take her with us to watch it I can see a grounding coming our way if we do

We are a right pair of little .......
Old 18-08-2005, 10:49   #21
God Member

Lmao Tinks yep!!!!! We would get a slap round the head and told we are a PIR OF LITTLE ............., then she would ground us!!!!!!
MUM = Nanny McFee..................eat ya heart out kid!!
Old 18-08-2005, 14:19   #22
Senior Member+

Okies my views,

Charlie and the chocolate factory

Very dark kinda disturbing, but ok, the umpa lumpa songs were terrible i want the old ones back, quite good effects with the elevator, quite weird in that it was soo modern yet still very old fashioned, a unique style of film but i wont be watching it again ever if i can help it.

6/10

Stealth

Not a bad film but drags a bit, i must say i got lost a bit through lack of concentration but in the end it was all ok, good effects and scenery, storyline ok but not very in depth. I loved the refueling scene, wont be buying when it comes out tho.

7/10

Fantastic 4

Bit of an anti climax, watchable but i got very bored with the "thing" fire guy was good tho but that was about it, good effects, not much of a storyline, one of the less good comic book adaptations i think, filled up and hour an a half in a day tho i suppose. wont be watching a sequal if they dare to make one.

5/10

War of the worlds

I didnt think id like this but i was suprised to find it quite good, brilliant storyline and effects, no hidden romance going on, just a guy trying to keep his kids safe, might read the origional book now, good watch. may buy.

8/10

Batman Begins

Brilliant, very dark, good storyline, better than any other batman film, not aimed at a kiddy audience so good for adults. again good effects, cool batmobile, very in depth storyline, will be buying.

9/10

Lee
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 22:35   #23
God Member

Ok we went to watch The Island tonight. now I had heard that it was suppose to be C**P, so I went with all expectation that the film would be C***p!!!! but to my suprise i actually quite enjoyed it. I know tinks didn't but that is what makes a film, some people do like, some don't.
I have to say, I did enjoy it but, i wouldn't rush out to buy it to watch again.

So I will give it a 6/10.............................oh and by the way (the ice blast machine is now working again)...................only tinks will know what I am going on about.
Old 23-08-2005, 22:45   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
oh and by the way (the ice blast machine is now working again)...................only tinks will know what I am going on about.
Why? did she get a frozen f....orgot what I was going to say.
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 22:54   #25
God Member

It was pooh to put it bluntly

crap storyline that got quite silly, wooden acting, McGregor had a very dodgey American accent, stick to Star Wars Mr Wan Kanobi ...... chases and smash ups weren't to bad though

only 2/10 I'm afraid ......... no eye candy either except for Sean Bean
Old 30-08-2005, 22:23   #26
God Member

Well guy's.........just got back from watching Dukes Of hazard...................

Very, Very funny film. Recommend it highly . For laugh out loud factor I would give this film 8/10.................................
' put another shrimp on the barbie' is all i'm going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Another funny thing ( not even part of the film), we were sat there minding our own business, when this young lad walked past us, he must have been coming back from the loo's.
We heard him running up the steps, then all of a sudden there was a THUMP!!!!........looked round and he was just picking himself up of the floor................LAUGH, I nearly wetting my knickers laughing. Then tinks started laughing, and all of a sudden, the cinema went quiet, and tinks did a very loud ' PIG SNORT'.....................ow my eyes watered, I nearly wee'd.

Oh well it's been a good night and a GREAT laugh..............

All in all the film gets a 9/10...............................

Miracles do happen!!

Old 30-08-2005, 22:37   #27
God Member

Well i will go and see that then sounds like a good one.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 22:39   #28
God Member

you know I didn't fancy the look of that film but may now reconsider. Does it come with free man falling down stairs for every showing??? lol

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 22:40   #29
God Member

or maybe that should have read free FLYING man falling down stairs, pmsl

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 22:51   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
you know I didn't fancy the look of that film but may now reconsider. Does it come with free man falling down stairs for every showing??? lol
Ha ha ha ..........................god I hope you manage to get a FALLING MAN too when you go Harwood!!!!!! It was the funniest thing i have seen for a long while.

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..