Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2010, 09:31   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: To lazy to push a button

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
They were missives consructed out of individual letters, cut out of newspapers, like an old fashioned ransome note from the movies.

Funny that seems the ones I got from the loony left, must have gone to the same finishing school as yours Rindi
Old 25-03-2010, 09:33   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ken had a cleaner in London?

I never knew that.

I would have treated him to lunch.

Ya you could have talked about working conditions, Peter nipping round with he duster and you sweeping the cutting room floor
Old 25-03-2010, 11:26   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Peter nipping round with he duster
Is that a euphemism for something rude, that I haven't heard of?

Is it similar to what that Conservative politican did, strangling himself with a ladies stocking, and an orange?

I'm just going upstairs to nip myself with the feather duster?

I've led a very sheltered life.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 14:58   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Is that a euphemism for something rude, that I haven't heard of?

Is it similar to what that Conservative politican did, strangling himself with a ladies stocking, and an orange?

I'm just going upstairs to nip myself with the feather duster?

I've led a very sheltered life.

Quite obviously, whilst Peter was bringing up his family
Old 25-03-2010, 15:05   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Quite obviously, whilst Peter was bringing up his family
See, we live and learn.

You inform us Peter Britcliffe worked in London in the past, as well as raising his family.

We live and learn.

Though you'd have thought he might have picked up on where was good value to eat in London, before recently ignoring the recommendations of an independent review body, and leading the vote to increase the expenses allowance for food on jollies, whilst away from Hyndburn.

When he worked down there, did he fly back up here too, as I never saw him on the train?

Old 25-03-2010, 15:24   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
See, we live and learn.

You inform us Peter Britcliffe worked in London in the past, as well as raising his family.

We live and learn.

Though you'd have thought he might have picked up on where was good value to eat in London, before recently ignoring the recommendations of an independent review body, and leading the vote to increase the expenses allowance for food on jollies, whilst away from Hyndburn.

When he worked down there, did he fly back up here too, as I never saw him on the train?

It was eighteen years ago, it was immaterial train, plane, were allowed about 4 travel warrants a year, there was no restriction on MPs travel warrants, usage in the course of their work
Old 25-03-2010, 15:25   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
See, we live and learn.

We live and learn.

No doubt if he'd have seen you on the train he'd have hidden anyway
Old 25-03-2010, 15:30   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
It was eighteen years ago, it was immaterial train, plane, were allowed about 4 travel warrants a year, there was no restriction on MPs travel warrants, usage in the course of their work
was it immaterial cos the real fiddling had not yet been discovered by the media n general public?
Old 25-03-2010, 15:32   #39
God Member

Quote:
So when was Britcliffe an MP?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 15:34   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Like I said, we live and learn.

I was living there myself at that time, and never knew he resided, and worked there then.

I would have taken him for lunch, if I'd known, and shown him the high life. Though I probably wouldn't have been able to wangle a dinner invitation with Thatch, upstairs in a private dining room at the Carlton Club.

Even I have my limitations.

Old 26-03-2010, 09:42   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
So when was Britcliffe an MP?
He worked for Ken Hargreaves as a researcher Tealeaf and often went to Westminster
Old 26-03-2010, 09:44   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Like I said, we live and learn.

I was living there myself at that time, and never knew he resided, and worked there then.

I would have taken him for lunch, if I'd known, and shown him the high life. Though I probably wouldn't have been able to wangle a dinner invitation with Thatch, upstairs in a private dining room at the Carlton Club.

Even I have my limitations.

I'm sure Peter would have obliged in that department Rindi
Old 26-03-2010, 09:53   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was it immaterial cos the real fiddling had not yet been discovered by the media n general public?
Cash I can honestly say that even if JKH had still been an MP today it wouldn't have made any difference what so ever, Ken has never done a dishonest thing in his life, that is why he is so well respected, in fact the satirical magazine Private Eye once stated that the Honourable Member for Hyndburn Ken Hargreaves was the only MP they could not find the slightest piece of dirt on, no matter how hard they tried, they even
dubbed him "The Oldest Altar Boy In Town"
Ken has spent his life working for others, he is the most selfless person I have ever met and I'm proud to call him a true friend and even at 71 he still fills his days with charity work for numerous organisations in Hyndburn
Old 26-03-2010, 09:56   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'm sure Peter would have obliged in that department Rindi

There's only stairs at the Carlton Club.

They wouldn't have been able to offer him a job as a lift boy.

Old 26-03-2010, 10:00   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Cash I can honestly say that even if JKH had still been an MP today it wouldn't have made any difference what so ever, Ken has never done a dishonest thing in his life, that is why he is so well respected, in fact the satirical magazine Private Eye once stated that the Honourable Member for Hyndburn Ken Hargreaves was the only MP they could not find the slightest piece of dirt on, no matter how hard they tried, they even
dubbed him "The Oldest Altar Boy In Town"
Ken has spent his life working for others, he is the most selfless person I have ever met and I'm proud to call him a true friend and even at 71 he still fills his days with charity work for numerous organisations in Hyndburn
was not refering to K.H. as am aware he was a ok guy, as you know.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..