Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2010, 15:30   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry To lazy to push a button

I've heard it all now, the House of Commons are advertising for a lift attendant, with an annual salary of £17,277, they're now to lazy to even push a button in a lift, mind you with the country overflowing with extra cash why not ease the burden of our overworked underpaid MPs and let somebody push the buttons for them, preferable in a trap door
Old 23-03-2010, 16:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: To lazy to push a button

is this a multi story building? i think not. is this a place of work? i think so. what the hell do they need a lift for then? never mind a lift attendant.
Old 23-03-2010, 16:49   #3
Give, give, give member

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 18:12   #4

Perhaps it is for disabled MP's that do not have a constant carer pushing them?

Or MP's that carry loads of documents and have not got a finger fre to reach the button with.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 19:13   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Maybe it's time to see if we could replace all these lazy people with willing workers?
Perhaps if we all get off our lazy backsides and use our votes we might end up with people that reflect our own attitude as a nation?

No, I'm wrong again, our attitude is represented by the fact we can't get off our backsides and make a simple X, so why should they bother to simply push a button on our behalf?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 19:36   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've heard it all now, the House of Commons are advertising for a lift attendant, with an annual salary of £17,277, they're now to lazy to even push a button in a lift, mind you with the country overflowing with extra cash why not ease the burden of our overworked underpaid MPs and let somebody push the buttons for them, preferable in a trap door
Since your little chum, Cllr. Britcliffe, isn't now likely to be sent to the Palace of Westminster by the people of Hyndburn, do you not think that if you kindly showed him the advertisment for this position, it might help fulfil a long held dream?

I know in the past he's complained in the press about the frightful costs involved of being in London, but even after deductions for tax and National Insurance, and armed with the information I kindly supplied to the newspaper, in reply to his plea for 'a tourist's guide to affordable living in the metropolis', I'm sure such a position would be deemed a worthwhile one.

Make someone's dreams come true.

It's in your hands.

Old 23-03-2010, 21:16   #7
God Member

not new news realy its not as though mps havnt been known to pay somone to give them a helping finger in the past although they were pushing different buttons for them and usually all teh right ones

wont be long before they are paying somone to wipe tehir arse for them although i think cameron was brought up with that servive and its only fair to keep him in the standards he is ocustomed to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:49   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is this a multi story building? i think not. is this a place of work? i think so. what the hell do they need a lift for then? never mind a lift attendant.
What planet are you on, Cashy? The Palace of Westminster a place of work? It is a Palace of Corruption and a place for it's members to line their own pockets - and nowt else.

I don't know if you may have been following the US debate on healthcare reform or, if so, whatever side you may have taken; irrespective of that, the crucial vote was made by the House of Representatives yesterday. Yeah, on a Sunday! Can you imagine any of our wastrels getting out of bed and turning up at Westminster for a debate and a vote on a sunday? No chance! In fact, I don't think there have been more than four saturday debates since 1945 and even then they were all over by pub opening time.

Still, like bankers and estate agents, politicians are a neccessary evil and I suppose we we have to put up with 'em for a while yet.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:13   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Still, like bankers and estate agents, politicians are a neccessary evil
Although those two professions have had many of their number made redundant by recent advances in technology.

Perhaps in the future democracy will mean we have no elected politicans, acting on our behalf, but everyone in the country pressing their keyboards, voting yeah or neigh, and deciding on policy decisions that way.

It works fairly well on here.

Old 23-03-2010, 22:14   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Palace of corruption i agree wi T, but there still there to do elected job, no matter how badly they do it, none of em sure represent me, but that aint the point, bottom line is- its a workplace.
Old 23-03-2010, 22:24   #11

THink about it, they get to say that they have created a job
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 00:35   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
THink about it, they get to say that they have created a job

yeah but they will give it to an illigal imigrant

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 08:56   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Since your little chum, Cllr. Britcliffe, isn't now likely to be sent to the Palace of Westminster by the people of Hyndburn, do you not think that if you kindly showed him the advertisment for this position, it might help fulfil a long held dream?

I know in the past he's complained in the press about the frightful costs involved of being in London, but even after deductions for tax and National Insurance, and armed with the information I kindly supplied to the newspaper, in reply to his plea for 'a tourist's guide to affordable living in the metropolis', I'm sure such a position would be deemed a worthwhile one.

Make someone's dreams come true.

It's in your hands.
Sometimes I can't make my mind up whether you're a babbling fool or just a plain idiot now I have my answer, neither just a plain clown is nearer
Old 24-03-2010, 10:27   #14
God Member

heh,

I'm currently in Johannesburg with work and the poor are all over doing such tiny jobs that no one in England would even consider. need a car parking space at teh supermarket? they are there poiinting to all teh spaces, fill your car up sir? no probs, want some ciggys from teh shop? I'll get them for you. got some rubbish in teh car? there is people at almost all intersections who will take it off you. OK they all want a rand or 2 ( 10-20p) but in reality it makes life a lot easier.

I actually heard about one Indian Call Centre who employed 2 people to 'run' teh coffee machine, one pressed teh buttons for you teh other handed you the cup when it was ready.....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 10:31   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
heh,

I'm currently in Johannesburg with work and the poor are all over doing such tiny jobs that no one in England would even consider. need a car parking space at teh supermarket? they are there poiinting to all teh spaces, fill your car up sir? no probs, want some ciggys from teh shop? I'll get them for you. got some rubbish in teh car? there is people at almost all intersections who will take it off you. OK they all want a rand or 2 ( 10-20p) but in reality it makes life a lot easier.

I actually heard about one Indian Call Centre who employed 2 people to 'run' teh coffee machine, one pressed teh buttons for you teh other handed you the cup when it was ready.....
There will be a few from the commons will be open to jobs like that after May 6th

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..