Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 23:28   #91
God Member

Re: Tory Tory Tory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Why?..it was one way to improve the health of the children..you and Blazey are really coming out now.. should we all go back to shoving kid's up chimney's ? you will say no.. but if your party had not been opposed we still would be.
Chimney sweeping? Do you live in the past or present? Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:28   #92
Give, give, give member

....and as for those beavering away in the shires, you are wayyyyyyyyyyy down the food chain.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:31   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Trust me, M.P.'s, party leaders, and even Prime Ministers, aren't the Tory hierarchy.
how little he knows.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:31   #94
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Chimney sweeping? Do you live in the past or present? Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.
Answer the question.

Will the Conservatives also be scrapping Child Benefit for the same reasons you gave above?

Old 10-06-2008, 23:36   #95
God Member

Quote:
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?
And why would you assume that everyone that did aspire to improve theirselves was Tory??? Do you really think that every successful person is a Tory?? You really are the limit
Old 10-06-2008, 23:38   #96
God Member

Quote:
Answer the question.

Will the Conservatives also be scrapping Child Benefit for the same reasons you gave above?
I await the Conservative manifesto when the election comes around. I hope it will deal with what I have mentioned.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:40   #97
God Member

Quote:
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?
the tories done more to put the small business out of business than anybody else could.ie small business owner ill vote tory tory party big wad of cash from multinational .can you help me wipe out the competition? ohhh yes lets make it easier for you to open supermarkets and hike up the business rateswho owns the supermarkets?errr the tory heirarchy we now control who sells what.farmers ill vote tory errr lets all shut down the independent dairys and let the supermarket have a milk price cartell to maximise the profits and give the farmers less money.it just dont add up.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:41   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
And why would you assume that everyone that did aspire to improve theirselves was Tory??? Do you really think that every successful person is a Tory?? You really are the limit
I didn't say that at all Bernadette, of course that is not the case, I am sorry it came across like I was saying that. I was simply replying to cmonstanley who was criticising Conservatives saying only wealthy people support them, as if being wealthy is a bad thing. Along with the class warfare rubbish used in Crewe and Nantwich by Labour who labelled the local candidate a toff because his family have worked hard.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:44   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.
Again on that little proviso what else would they take away from those they thought could afford it?

Education? Sorry, you'll have to pay for your schooling, you're a doctor.

Health? Sorry, you'll have to pay for that chemotherapy privately, even though you've paid your N.I., we've decided you earn enough as a plumber to go private.

Where will it end?

Doesn't sound like the caring, sharing, Tory-Lite, that Dave's always bangin' on about.

Old 10-06-2008, 23:45   #100
God Member

Maybe I missed the point of this thread, but wasn't it aimed at STOPPING andrew and I discussing politics?

Now it seems like we are being forced to discuss our political beliefs to defend ourselves.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:47   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Answer the question.

Forget the Tory Party line then, you think it was good Thatcher scrapped free milk because some children's parents earned a lot of money, so do you also think that those same parents be getting Child Benefit, and therefore should it be scrapped?

Old 10-06-2008, 23:48   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Maybe I missed the point of this thread, but wasn't it aimed at STOPPING andrew and I discussing politics?

Now it seems like we are being forced to discuss our political beliefs to defend ourselves.
No one wants to know what you think, you're plastic.

Old 10-06-2008, 23:49   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the tories done more to put the small business out of business than anybody else could.ie small business owner ill vote tory tory party big wad of cash from multinational .can you help me wipe out the competition? ohhh yes lets make it easier for you to open supermarkets and hike up the business rateswho owns the supermarkets?errr the tory heirarchy we now control who sells what.farmers ill vote tory errr lets all shut down the independent dairys and let the supermarket have a milk price cartell to maximise the profits and give the farmers less money.it just dont add up.
This is just plain wrong. Small business increased 60% from 1979 to 1988. Wipe out the competition? Don't be silly, no market is good with monopolies, whether that be public or private, that's why those monopolies were broken.

Shut down independent dairies? Can I ask where you get your milk in Accrington?
Old 10-06-2008, 23:50   #104
God Member

Quote:
Forget the Tory Party line then, you think it was good Thatcher scrapped free milk because some children's parents earned a lot of money, so do you also think that those same parents be getting Child Benefit, and therefore should it be scrapped?
Obviously the fine detail would be different for different amounts of money are concerned, but yes, I agree with the principle of it, whether the Conservative line is that or not.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:52   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

No.. it was not started to stop you and Andrew discussing politics.. it was started because I got fed up with your moaning and groaning.. and yes your sig.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..