Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 20:44   #16

Unhappy Re: Tough on crime tough on the causes of crime

been wed 43 years now. they do not get that for murder now. ????
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2009, 21:28   #17
God Member

Re: Tough on crime tough on the causes of crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
been wed 43 years now. they do not get that for murder now. ????
prisoners probably get more sex as well ..

wether they like it or not lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 21:55   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
what are you on, drugs? Crime has fallen.

In HYNDBURN crime has fallen dramatically. Who says so, the local Tories. They were bragging a 30% fall in 4 years. I believe this is true. Crime according to all has fallen.

I suppose what you really mean is crime has fallen when it's district council elections and it's out of control when there's a general election!!!!!

I'll tell you how to reduce the fear of crime John. Stop buying the daily mail.

This is the most stupid post you have ever done and you've done some belters!

Last edited by g jones; 02-08-2009 at 22:00.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 22:38   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Repeating the line 'hug a hoodie' which Cameron never actually said just brings the debate down to the gutter. The entire phrase was concocted by a newspaper.
What newspaper was it?

The Daily Telegraph?

I'm suprised. Their reporting's usually spot on.

Now slip your hoodie on, and we'll all give you a little hug.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 23:07   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

In HYNDBURN crime has fallen dramatically. Who says so, the local Tories. They were bragging a 30% fall in 4 years. I believe this is true. Crime according to all has fallen.

I suppose what you really mean is crime has fallen when it's district council elections and it's out of control when there's a general election!!!!!

yours seems pretty stupid to me graham, yes crime has fallen, yet you omitted to say Violent Crime has RISEN. i and many i know will not take there wives down our town centre at night or any other town centre fer that matter, also do you not consider part of the reason it has decreased is the fact that people DO NOT report crime as much as they used too, this has been happening fer many years, fer various reasons like "Response Times", so they know its pointless, other reasons include fear of intimidation etc etc, the simple reason to me life is like this is the reason i would assume jaysay posted this thread.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:12   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What newspaper was it?

The Daily Telegraph?

I'm suprised. Their reporting's usually spot on.

Now slip your hoodie on, and we'll all give you a little hug.
It was actually lead story on both BBC and Sky News on Saturday morning,
Old 03-08-2009, 09:15   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I've never yet seen a post by you that made any sense what so ever, you only us this site for your own political gratification, and to placate the sycophantic few who'll listen
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It was actually lead story on both BBC and Sky News on Saturday morning,
What, that Cameron said we should all hug-a-hoodie?

I thought it was last year, that it was reported he'd said it.

Is he still encouraging us to do it, as recently as last Saturday?

When will he let it lie, and realise we don't want too?

Old 03-08-2009, 16:01   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What, that Cameron said we should all hug-a-hoodie?

I thought it was last year, that it was reported he'd said it.

Is he still encouraging us to do it, as recently as last Saturday?

When will he let it lie, and realise we don't want too?
No Rindi, the lead story was about this government letting murderers and rapists out early to offend again, that besides the Mail, Times and Telegraph, not sure if it was in the Guardian as there was no political mileage in it for them
Old 03-08-2009, 18:46   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No Rindi, the lead story was about this government letting murderers and rapists out early to offend again, that besides the Mail, Times and Telegraph, not sure if it was in the Guardian as there was no political mileage in it for them
My question related to, and quoted, andrewb's post that Cameron's hug-a hoodie had first been reported in a newspaper.

I asked if it was the Daily Telegraph, because you can rely on that august publication only to print the truth.

Old 03-08-2009, 19:21   #26
God Member

Quote:

We got the same thing going over here .... crime of all kinds is down in Canada, and dropping even more. Yet, the right wing element still pushes a "let's get tough on crime" platform .... always directed at those who don't think, or whose thinking is limited to a trivial reorganisation of their ingrained prejudices. Getting "tough" on crime doesn't work. Capital punishment doesn't work. The only western country that still executes murderers is the US ... it also has the highest murder rate. The US is tough on drugs; yet, it has the world's biggest drug problem. "Tough on crime" means let's not use reason to come up with solutions to a complex problem, let's just use methods and practices that never have worked, and never will. For those who think that tough and extreme measures work, remember Liddice.

And it looks like Kingston might become the murder capital of Canada this year .... we've had four so far .... not bad for a town this size .... But those four were victims of an honour killing by Afghani nutbars from Montreal; so, maybe they don't count.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 19:55   #27
God Member

the 'tough on crime' seems to be working in my area, the murder rate in Oakland California is down to 58 so far this year , last year the count was 72 at this time.

Think a big problem is not with the Police , 90% of the time they try do a good job but with the Courts/Lawyers and Politicians. Instead of keep putting more laws on the books just enforce the existing ones .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 21:19   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
the 'tough on crime' seems to be working in my area, the murder rate in Oakland California is down to 58 so far this year , last year the count was 72 at this time.

Think a big problem is not with the Police , 90% of the time they try do a good job but with the Courts/Lawyers and Politicians. Instead of keep putting more laws on the books just enforce the existing ones .
Same thing in the Greater Toronto Area (pop. about 5 million) too ... but this is a result of tougher gun laws (this is the point at which members of the NRA tune out), and more proactive policing ... in 23 Division, which centres on the notorious Jane/Finch area, there are more coppers on the beat .... and units are working with community groups, and families of gang members ... seems to be working .... murder rate is way down.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 21:50   #29
Resting in Peace

Love this comment by a reader in the Asian news (transferred to the Observer) on the Cllr. Yousin situation with his thuggish sons ... seems like could be migrating over here Eric :-

This is the phonamon of young asian lads being influenced by american and yardie gangs and gangsta rap. I wonder has anyone else heard the odd sound of asian lads speaking with Jamiacan accents? Thay are trying to be more gangsta than the than the REAL gangsters and are playing at a very dangerous game.
Brock, Hulme
1/08/2009 at 10:52
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 22:42   #30
God Member

Quote:
The reason for the thread tittle was just to highlight another failed promise made by Blair prior to 1997
I knew that as soon as you posted Jaysay.. because most of your threads are the same... at first glance they are everyday social comments but are always propaganda for the Tories... you are a very bad spinner trying your guts out for your party.

Last edited by Mancie; 03-08-2009 at 22:48.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..