Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 08:05   #751
God Member

Re: Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Hi Marge,

Of course there's a chance I'll make a profit. You can be sure I'm not investing in the community for the benefit of the friendly folk on this forum.

As I've said before you all need something to moan about, and it may as well be my efforts. If it wasn't me it'd be something else that was wrong - probably find reason to complain that the sun is shining...... ah, sorry you've already done that.

Fortunately I don't think this forum is very representative of the town. Seems it's reserved for the white over 60s many of whom carry a chip on their shoulders for some reason, and of course that would be caused by someone else. Could be politicians, bankers, councilors, the youth of today, muslims, the sun coming out, immigration, you name it the problem is caused by someone else.

I've made this point before, but how come noone has anything positive to say at all about anything ?
how the hell do you manage to fit your fat head through the door in the morning? you are very much 'self self self' aren't you, if you are so peed off with the people in Accrington then please feel free to sod off and dont bother coming back, you are what people call a 'troll', only on here to get a reaction and to TRY and cause trouble, you fix a leak on a roof in Accrington and that gives you the right to talk down to the people who have lived in the town all their lives does it? it's no wonder you live so far away, you are nothing but a keyboard warrior, you haven't got the bottle to do anything other than mouth off and slag the town and it's people off, you know NOTHING at all about the town, now sod off back to where you came from, your mother would be ashamed of you
Retlaw and susie123 like this.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:37   #752
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Your correct in that assumption,the ones posting on here can read & write

Most of us that is but we do let him pretend it's his keyboard playing up
Old 16-07-2013, 10:06   #753
Beacon of light

Quote:
Fortunately I don't think this forum is very representative of the town. Seems it's reserved for the white over 60s many of whom carry a chip on their shoulders for some reason, and of course that would be caused by someone else.

I've made this point before, but how come noone has anything positive to say at all about anything ?
And you, I suppose, see this post as positive?

You see, some of us are realists - we live here so we have to be. It is all very fine for you in some far flung land to sit and pontificate about what you think of us.......you said that our opinion of you doesn't define you......well, Ditto.
And after all is said and done(haven't we been here before) you are just here to make some money...and then possibly run off with what you have made...to some other impoverished northern town where you will bestow yet more of your bounty...and opinions on the people of the locality.
Cashy was right when he said you were arrogant - I don't quite agree with the pig thing though.....I actually like pigs!
flashy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 10:32   #754
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also think hes a troll Margaret, others seem to have come to that conclusion also, though Easton disagrees, but one would expect that.
Old 16-07-2013, 12:16   #755
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Hi Marge,

Of course there's a chance I'll make a profit. You can be sure I'm not investing in the community for the benefit of the friendly folk on this forum.

As I've said before you all need something to moan about, and it may as well be my efforts. If it wasn't me it'd be something else that was wrong - probably find reason to complain that the sun is shining...... ah, sorry you've already done that.

Fortunately I don't think this forum is very representative of the town. Seems it's reserved for the white over 60s many of whom carry a chip on their shoulders for some reason, and of course that would be caused by someone else. Could be politicians, bankers, councilors, the youth of today, muslims, the sun coming out, immigration, you name it the problem is caused by someone else.

Dear Mr. Easton,
Thank you for your application for 'Village Idiot', however we find that you are overqualified in some areas and unfortunately not really suitable for the description of the job.
You have mentioned you are over 6' tall, this in itself would remove you from the short list, we are after all looking for someone of approximately 4' 2" suffering from rickets, ring worm, totally inbred, (to the stage of webbed feet and fingers) and they must be able to turn up in a flat cap and walking a whippet.
Therefore we will put your C.V. on file and wish you all the best for your future employment.

Congratulations Mr. Dingle from Burnley, the jobs yours.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 12:51   #756
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Congratulations Mr. Dingle from Burnley, the jobs yours.
I didn't even apply so you can shove your job
flashy and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 16-07-2013, 12:56   #757

Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I didn't even apply so you can shove your job
Jobs for the boy's, some don't have to apply to be considered.

Nothing like a bit of nepotism, my Darling Uncle/Brother!
lancsdave likes this.

Last edited by Less; 16-07-2013 at 12:59.
Old 16-07-2013, 13:20   #758
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
how the hell do you manage to fit your fat head through the door in the morning? you are very much 'self self self' aren't you, if you are so peed off with the people in Accrington then please feel free to sod off and dont bother coming back, you are what people call a 'troll', only on here to get a reaction and to TRY and cause trouble, you fix a leak on a roof in Accrington and that gives you the right to talk down to the people who have lived in the town all their lives does it? it's no wonder you live so far away, you are nothing but a keyboard warrior, you haven't got the bottle to do anything other than mouth off and slag the town and it's people off, you know NOTHING at all about the town, now sod off back to where you came from, your mother would be ashamed of you
Watch it Flashy you'll be accused of making libellous statements.
one thing has me puzzled, he lives 1/2 the world away, looks at property auction brochures or web sites, then picks Accrington without looking on guggle urth.
A bit on the news last night about property prices and where the best prices are for buyers.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 13:59   #759

Seems I owe the Mods an apology because their likes scores have recently been shot to bits on account of you fools being in rampant agreement with each other..lol. Happy to provide the community a target for your collective vitriol, which though lacking in substance has been mentioned by others long before I arrived.

To answer your question Rettie - I did look at Google Earth and figured that at 20k a building there really was no downside to the price. In terms of the buildings I've seen and lived in many worse places: New Cross Gate and Plumstead in London being a couple of examples that spring to mind. My own home town of Newcastle likewise has many dodgy places that on paper at least are worse than where you Southerners live.

What Google Earth cant show though is the out of control drugs problem in the town, and seemingly on this board. Notwithstanding that, I'm happy with what I bought, those buildings will always be good value. The collective assumption that I'll inevitably sell them once completed isn't necessarily the case. Just as likely that I'll keep them and stay, both in the town and on this board.

Now you really have something to moan about beyond the weather and each other :-)
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 14:09   #760

Town Centre Changes

Quote:
?
Nothing there that isn't a repeat, no need for it to be quoted.
I have noticed though, a rather repetitive behaviour on your part.

Moan, moan, groan and just a little bit more of moan.

You'd fit in quite well once your head is removed from the dark smelly orifice you talk from.
Oh look, whatever you've got is catching, I've already said your heads stuck up your backside in an earlier post!
Old 16-07-2013, 14:15   #761
Beacon of light

another very positive post from our overseas correspondent.

Who on this forum takes drugs....are these drugs legal prescription meds or the illegal stuff that is supposedly freely available and 'out of control'........and is this member making libelous claims?

I am sure he will come back at some point and tell us.

Personally Mr Easton, I could not care less whether you stick around the town, or this forum...if you are here then you are leaving some other poor sods(am I allowed to say sods?) alone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 14:20   #762

Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
another very positive post from our overseas correspondent.

Who on this forum takes drugs....are these drugs legal prescription meds or the illegal stuff that is supposedly freely available and 'out of control'........and is this member making libelous claims?

I am sure he will come back at some point and tell us.

Personally Mr Easton, I could not care less whether you stick around the town, or this forum...if you are here then you are leaving some other poor sods(am I allowed to say sods?) alone.
Tsk, marge, erm I mean, Margaret Pilkington, it's not like you, I'd class the above as a personal attack, keep it up.
Restless, susie123 and GEaston like this.
Old 16-07-2013, 14:43   #763
I am Banned

Quote:
Seems I owe the Mods an apology because their likes scores have recently been shot to bits on account of you fools being in rampant agreement with each other..lol. Happy to provide the community a target for your collective vitriol, which though lacking in substance has been mentioned by others long before I arrived.

To answer your question Rettie - I did look at Google Earth and figured that at 20k a building there really was no downside to the price. In terms of the buildings I've seen and lived in many worse places: New Cross Gate and Plumstead in London being a couple of examples that spring to mind. My own home town of Newcastle likewise has many dodgy places that on paper at least are worse than where you Southerners live.

What Google Earth cant show though is the out of control drugs problem in the town, and seemingly on this board. Notwithstanding that, I'm happy with what I bought, those buildings will always be good value. The collective assumption that I'll inevitably sell them once completed isn't necessarily the case. Just as likely that I'll keep them and stay, both in the town and on this board.

Now you really have something to moan about beyond the weather and each other :-)
Don't talk so daft Gettie, thurs no way tha would come to stay in Accy, an if tha geet an offer on thad building thad meks thee a profit thall grab id un run, so whoerti kiddin besides thi sen.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 14:44   #764
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This is just a personal opinion. but i think its time this troll was removed.?
Old 16-07-2013, 14:49   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This is just a personal opinion. but i think its time this troll was removed.?
Whatever for?

All he has done is point out our imperfections, we should work towards making this his perfect world.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..