Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 23:29   #781
Senior Member+

Re: Town Centre Changes

Well Margaret. You put it better than me. But. Calling MargaretP 'Marge' after she asked him more than once not to, following it with condescending tones- is to me deliberately trolling.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2013, 02:50   #782
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I don't think he is deliberately trolling.
He joined with a purpose - to find out about buildings he is interested in buying - as he did when asking about the old liberal club on Rhyddings St. (Less pointed this out a while back)

He doesn't like having to converse here, but it suits his purpose financially.

What he didn't expect was our reaction to his arrogant demeaning of members. It is the way he is used to conversing with 'lesser mortals'. He is unaware that he has a personality problem.

He will be leaving now that he knows we wont co-operate in telling him about buildings.
I can't see anything wrong with tapping into local knowledge Margaret.
Though with the calibre of replies I think GE has had a rethink on that.
Not sure how his continuing conversations on here will benefit him financially, you'll have to explain that to me please Mrs R.
"Lesser mortals" a figure of speech saying more about you than Graham, I stand corrected but did our man ever use that phrase?
I don't see a whole tranche of unanswered queries from him on properties here, what motive would there be in not helping him?Truth be told there are better ways to get that information and I am sure GE is switched into that. As my old mate Walter would say "He has more oil in his lamp than that"

Gotta' also say I loved his potted profile of the denizens of the Accyweb, one and all. "Over 60 white...etc"
Disagree vehemently that the drug problem is out of control or worse than anywhere else on this sceptered isle.

Restless makes a good point too about over a shandy in the Railway we would all get on swimmingly I'm sure. Now some paranoid panjandrum may think me using the word swimmingly is linking me, thee 'et al' to pond life.... naah perish the thought.
GEaston likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 07:44   #783
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No excuse at all "D" fer continually refusing polite requests not to abbreviate certain members names, If that aint trolling what is? as i said before Easton is pig ignorant in my book.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 07:48   #784
Beacon of light

Well, I asked a question about him calling me Marge........but never got an answer.

I don't think he has ever referred to us as 'lesser mortals'...but that is certainly the impression that his posts convey........he assumes we are all the same.
As for the profile of Accyweb....well, it is open to anyone whatever their age. culture, race,creed, political or sexual persuasion.
Everyone has a point of view and it can be expressed here.(we might not share it, but then that is what makes life so interesting).

If Mr Easton doesn't like the current profile, then he has two options......suck it up...or leave.
If he should by some remote chance(and I am not suggesting he does this) take the latter option...I hope the door doesn't bang him on the bum as he is leaving.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 07:51   #785
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
About time yeh woke up mate. A Troll is a Troll.
A troll is only a troll if you respond to him.

If you think he is a troll why do you respond to him?
Old 17-07-2013, 07:57   #786
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I can't see anything wrong with tapping into local knowledge Margaret.
Though with the calibre of replies I think GE has had a rethink on that.

Restless makes a good point too about over a shandy in the Railway we would all get on swimmingly I'm sure. Now some paranoid panjandrum may think me using the word swimmingly is linking me, thee 'et al' to pond life.... naah perish the thought.
My impression of his requests, are not those tapping into local knowledge...more a way of letting us know of his benificent deeds....a sort of 'bragging', without actually telling us he is bragging.....and yes, I think Cashy is right about him being ignorant.

He knows aboslutely nothing about us...other than lumping us all into a group and believing that we are all the same......he knows nothing of what we do, what we stand for, or what we each give to our communities,(he thinks we do nothing other than moan and whinge, decries anything we post as being 'negative'...but posts much negative stuff himself) because unlike him, we go about our daily life without the need to trumpet our contributions.

And you think that is alright?
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:00   #787
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A troll is only a troll if you respond to him.

If you think he is a troll why do you respond to him?
I rarely respond directly to him, You obvious to me do not think hes a troll, which is yer right.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:15   #788
Senior Member+

Quote:
I rarely respond directly to him, You obvious to me do not think hes a troll, which is yer right.
I have only responded to his accusation that I have been making libellous statements about him.

I do think he is a troll in that his posts appear to be a deliberate attempt to cause anger and frustration within Accyweb, and some discrepancies in what he posts.

Why not hold a poll to determine whether or not the members would like to see the back of him
Old 17-07-2013, 08:21   #789
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I am undecided. Rude regarding peoples names - yes, trolling intentionally - unsure
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:22   #790
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Why not hold a poll to determine whether or not the members would like to see the back of him
Are you suggesting this is a democracy?
Accyweb is ruled by the iron fist of our Dictator Mick The Terrible.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:39   #791
Beacon of light

I would not like to see polls about who should and should not be members.

People can express opinons, and occasionally the discusion will become heated.
I really haven't seen evidence of that in this thread.
His opinion of us, the forum amd Accrington in general counts for very little in real terms.
Let him get on with it. While he (perhaps) is making a pest of himself here...he is giving some other poor blighters a break.
BERNADETTE and Restless like this.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:50   #792
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post

That would be a terrible thing to do, he may not be popular but he is a member just like everyone else, he is entitled to put forward his views just as we are entitled to disagree with him.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 09:21   #793
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Are you suggesting this is a democracy?
Accyweb is ruled by the iron fist of our Dictator Mick The Terrible.
And mods can be be banned as well if they post like this again
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:37   #794
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Fortunately I don't think this forum is very representative of the town. Seems it's reserved for the white over 60s many of whom carry a chip on their shoulders for some reason, and of course that would be caused by someone else. Could be politicians, bankers, councilors, the youth of today, muslims, the sun coming out, immigration, you name it the problem is caused by someone else.

I've made this point before, but how come noone has anything positive to say at all about anything ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post

What Google Earth cant show though is the out of control drugs problem in the town, and seemingly on this board.

Now you really have something to moan about beyond the weather and each other :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
another very positive post from our overseas correspondent.

Who on this forum takes drugs....are these drugs legal prescription meds or the illegal stuff that is supposedly freely available and 'out of control'........and is this member making libelous claims?

I am sure he will come back at some point and tell us.

Personally Mr Easton, I could not care less whether you stick around the town, or this forum...if you are here then you are leaving some other poor sods(am I allowed to say sods?) alone.
I really had to laugh at the thought of all of us white over 60s sitting round with our drugs problem. Eric with his Yoda bong springs to mind -though I don't think he's got a problem...

As for legal drugs, I'm sure Jaysay, myself, and a lot of the folks of a certain age on here would be glad to be rid of the meds but I haven't noticed them causing a problem on the forum - yet. I'm off to find something to moan about now but it's hard in this nice weather.
Old 17-07-2013, 16:47   #795
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That would be a terrible thing to do, he may not be popular but he is a member just like everyone else, he is entitled to put forward his views just as we are entitled to disagree with him.
I said "Why not hold a poll to determine whether or not the members would like to see the back of him"

That sentence does not ask if members would like to see him banned, only to express an opinion, which quite a few posters have already done.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..