Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did you receive a form, requesting your views?
Yes. 7 18.92%
No. 30 81.08%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 20:27   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Town Council forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
People generally want to know why things happen (or don't). All we can do is accuse without knowing right now. I don't think this is very productive.

Might as well strike while the iron's hot, and my typing finger's willing.

The whole story, of apparently vast swathes of the borough not receiving this important form, is newsworthy in my opinion.

Therefore an email has been dispatched alerting the press to this news, and a link this thread.

What they do with it is up to them, though in the past I've always found them to be very interested in stories that effect their readers.

Last edited by garinda; 12-05-2008 at 20:30.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2008, 20:33   #62
God Member

The problem is that they can't prove it can they. I mean, you've got one but I can't remember having one which doesn't actually mean i didn't get one.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 20:33   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Might as well strike while the iron's hot, and my typing finger's willing.

The whole story, of apparently vast swathes of the borough not receiving this important form, is newsworthy in my opinion.

Therefore an email has been dispatched alerting the press to this news, and a link this thread.

What they do with it is up to them, though in the past I've always found them to be very interested in stories that effect their readers.
Well indeed, hysteria without explanation sells. I didn't think you were a Daily Mail man though.
Old 12-05-2008, 20:36   #64
God Member

However, I do think that it was a very short consultation period.

BTW - I noticed the new Rishton sign today with the crest on. It no longer says Welcome to Hyndburn.

I wonder if this is just another way round the Accrington and Districts issue by phasing out Hyndburn gradually to the point where there's no point in arguing because it doesn't exist.

Old 12-05-2008, 20:41   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
BTW - I noticed the new Rishton sign today with the crest on. It no longer says Welcome to Hyndburn.

I wonder if this is just another way round the Accrington and Districts issue by phasing out Hyndburn gradually to the point where there's no point in arguing because it doesn't exist.
But what are the gateway signs to Hyndburn going to say Gayle ? Are they going to have boundary signs saying 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then 'sub-signs saying 'Welcome to Rishton, etc' ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 20:44   #66
Give, give, give member

'A public consultation will be launched on Monday when the council will send letters to every home in the borough asking for comments.
Residents will be given two weeks to express their views.'

More power to the people? - News - Accrington Observer

As I personally did receive a form, and this matter only came to light when I mentioned it in passing, in relation to the borough name change being dropped, I do think this is an important matter, considering the changes that could come about because of the skewed findings of this half hearted consultation.

Anyone who hasn't received a form, and who wouldn't mind talking to the press, please pm me. All it would entail would be a verification of your name, and the fact you didn't receive a form.

Cheers.

Old 12-05-2008, 20:46   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
But what are the gateway signs to Hyndburn going to say Gayle ? Are they going to have boundary signs saying 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then 'sub-signs saying 'Welcome to Rishton, etc' ?
No, the gateway sign is what I'm talking about. it's been changed to Welcome to Rishton and has the new Rishton Crest on.

Old 12-05-2008, 20:48   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well indeed, hysteria without explanation sells. I didn't think you were a Daily Mail man though.
Not hysteria, just dismay that important changes are currently being considered, using public feedback as a deciding factor.

Public feedback that isn't what it purports to be, that of the views of every household in the borough, which it blatently isn't.

Old 12-05-2008, 20:53   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
No, the gateway sign is what I'm talking about. it's been changed to Welcome to Rishton and has the new Rishton Crest on.
Not a gateway sign to the borough though Gayle ... Just to the town ?

We have always had signs 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then others to 'Clayton, etc' Do you mean they are not putting up new signs then for the actual borough ??
Old 12-05-2008, 20:56   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Anyone who hasn't received a form, and who wouldn't mind talking to the press, please pm me. All it would entail would be a verification of your name, and the fact you didn't receive a form.

Cheers.
Well, of course, you know I have a bee in my bonnet about this one (not that I wear bonnets like) .. and no need to p.m. you, you know my name hun .. put at top of yer list.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:05   #71
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, of course, you know I have a bee in my bonnet about this one (not that I wear bonnets like) .. and no need to p.m. you, you know my name hun .. put at top of yer list.
Thank you Kate x

If you pm me your number it would be appreciated. The paper normally likes to call you for a quote, and verification of the facts.

Promise not to give you a 'booty call' in the wee small hours.

Old 12-05-2008, 21:05   #72
God Member

Quote:
Not hysteria, just dismay that important changes are currently being considered, using public feedback as a deciding factor.

Public feedback that isn't what it purports to be, that of the views of every household in the borough, which it blatently isn't.
I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:09   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.
Who have I blamed?

The council has said in the press they are currently considering an important issue, with public feedback as a guide, from every home in Hyndburn.

This hasn't happened.

This is not about your stupid party politics, this is about gross incompetence..whoever is to blame.

Old 12-05-2008, 21:10   #74
God Member

Pm sent if the council are claiming they sent a form to everybody it should have been sent irrespective of whether they were filled in.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:12   #75
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Pm sent if the council are claiming they sent a form to everybody it should have been sent irrespective of whether they were filled in.
Cheers Bernie.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..