Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did you receive a form, requesting your views?
Yes. 7 18.92%
No. 30 81.08%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 21:12   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Town Council forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.
what a load of garbage, reading the link to the obsever that rindy posted, it don't take interpol.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:21   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
what a load of garbage, reading the link to the obsever that rindy posted, it don't take interpol.
You must know something the rest of us don't then. We all know the council said they were sending forms out to everyone. I want to know why everyone hasn't got them. I'm not going to go blaming the council when I have no idea if they are the ones responsible though.

Garinda your argument is weak, party politics? What has that got to do with anything?? As for who you've blamed, you constantly refer to the council and suggest that a shambles is what you expect of them.

I'm more open minded and waiting to cast judgement until we find out the reasons and who is to blame.

Last edited by andrewb; 12-05-2008 at 21:27.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 21:28   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.
Will endorse what Garinda has said Cyfr sweetheart .. we are just trying to find out why we did not all get these forms as promised .. I was particularly interested in this issue as stated in other threads, and just disappointed did not receive one... and definitely didn't

Can't blame anyone yet, as don't know, just waiting for feedback from various sources.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 21:29   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You must know something the rest of us don't then. We all know the council said they were sending forms out to everyone. I want to know why everyone hasn't got them. I'm not going to go blaming the council when I have no idea if they are the ones responsible though.
Since this important proposal is currently under consideration, using the findings of the returned forms, and the return by day has now passed for any other feedback to be considered, who is to blame is not the point.

The point is the feedback is flawed, with the vast majority of residents unable to give their opinion.

The point is the council said in the press that every household would be sent a form.

The point is many people, the vast majority according to our small poll, never received a form.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 21:31   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Will endorse what Garinda has said Cyfr sweetheart .. we are just trying to find out why we did not all get these forms as promised .. I was particularly interested in this issue as stated in other threads, and just disappointed did not receive one... and definitely didn't

Can't blame anyone yet, as don't know, just waiting for feedback from various sources.
Definitely. Completely agree that you should follow this up, you're doing a huge favour to anybody else who wanted to let their views be known but didn't have the chance.

I just have issue with people trying to play the blame game before we actually know what's what, but it seems you're not doing that, you're simply after a voice. A voice which you rightly deserve!
Old 12-05-2008, 21:33   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
you constantly refer to the council
Yes, the council, a non-generic term for a group of people who it appears have made one almighty blunder.

It's up to other people to discover if any one person is to blame for this debacle.

Old 12-05-2008, 21:34   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Do you mean they are not putting up new signs then for the actual borough ??
Forget it.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 12-05-2008 at 21:36.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 21:35   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Since this important proposal is currently under consideration, using the findings of the returned forms, and the return by day has now passed for any other feedback to be considered, who is to blame is not the point.

The point is the feedback is flawed, with the vast majority of residents unable to give their opinion.

The point is the council said in the press that every household would be sent a form.

The point is many people, the vast majority according to our small poll, never received a form.
I do think we're pointlessly replying to each other now, because you know I accept the fact that people have not had forms. That is not what I'm disagreeing on in my posts.

I'm glad you're not blaming anybody anymore.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:35   #84
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I just have issue with people trying to play the blame game before we actually know what's what, but it seems you're not doing that, you're simply after a voice. A voice which you rightly deserve!
I'm blaming nobody.

Just stating facts.

A large number of people never recieved this important document.

Fact.

As stated earlier, funny how the council tax bills manage to find each and every one of us.

Fact.

Old 12-05-2008, 21:37   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, the council, a non-generic term for a group of people who it appears have made one almighty blunder.

It's up to other people to discover if any one person is to blame for this debacle.
Sorry but you're again blaming the council. Please provide proof that it is them. I'm pretty sure the council (made up of council members, or councillors), didn't send out the mail completely on their own.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:37   #86
God Member

Am I missing something here? In the link from the Observer it states that "Hyndburn Council" were sending these forms out to every resident in the borough. So if they made the promise are they not responsible to make sure it is followed through?
Old 12-05-2008, 21:40   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Am I missing something here? In the link from the Observer it states that "Hyndburn Council" were sending these forms out to every resident in the borough. So if they made the promise are they not responsible to make sure it is followed through?
Of course they're responsible for fixing it whoever is to blame for people not receiving the forms. Katex has contacted somebody over the issue so they are now aware and should sort it out. I just don't think its right to blame the council when it could be something completely out of their control.

I am not suggesting the council are innocent by the way, I'm not calling it either way. If it turns out it is their fault, I'll be all too happy to condemn them as a u-turn it would not be.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:51   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
nah cyfr is saying blame the postie/ distributor anyone BUT the council.
Old 12-05-2008, 21:54   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nah cyfr is saying blame the postie/ distributor anyone BUT the council.
No I'm saying wait until we know who's to blame.

You couldn't have been further from the truth so please don't try and speak on my behalf!
Old 12-05-2008, 21:56   #90
God Member

The council are responsible as far as I am concerned.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..