Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did you receive a form, requesting your views?
Yes. 7 18.92%
No. 30 81.08%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 21:59   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Town Council forms.

we know who's to blame its the council simple as. n as fer speaking on your behalf i apologise i would rather suck razor blades.
Old 12-05-2008, 22:07   #92
God Member

Is the real cashman coming out? What a nasty thing to say.
Old 12-05-2008, 22:10   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Is the real cashman coming out? What a nasty thing to say.
the real cashman told you to yer face in the chatroom not behind yer back, like pieces of dung do.
Old 12-05-2008, 22:14   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the real cashman told you to yer face in the chatroom not behind yer back, like pieces of dung do.
I've never had a conversation with dung before. Are you still upset just because you got a slap on the wrist? It was you doing inappropriate things, I don't see why I should be the one made to look and feel bad.
Old 12-05-2008, 22:24   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Sorry but you're again blaming the council. Please provide proof that it is them. I'm pretty sure the council (made up of council members, or councillors), didn't send out the mail completely on their own.
Er...as posted in the link it was the council who said we were to recieve the forms.

'A public consultation will be launched on Monday when the council will send letters to every home in the borough asking for comments.
Residents will be given two weeks to express their views. '

More power to the people? - News - Accrington Observer

Being one of the chosen few, I can inform you that the illusive document did came from our council.

Not apportioning blame, just stating facts.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 22:25   #96
God Member

Quote:
I've never had a conversation with dung before. Are you still upset just because you got a slap on the wrist? It was you doing inappropriate things, I don't see why I should be the one made to look and feel bad.
Getting a bit warm...I think the time has come young man for you too to walk away?...It's called politics

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 22:26   #97
Give, give, give member

Thanks to all those who didn't receive a form, and are willing to state that fact to the press.

The more the merrier, so please feel free to pm me if you so wish.

Old 12-05-2008, 22:37   #98
Resting in Peace

Apologies to all for milking this thread (no not the silly cow one .. LOL), but Peter (you know who) did state :-

"This will be a very useful opportunity for all people in Hyndburn (still admitting our title then ) to express their thoughts about bringing local govenment down to grassroots level.

We will explain what town councils are about and what the change will mean to them "

Still awaiting ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 05:15   #99
Resting in Peace

How mant people read their junk mailyesterday afternoon I recieved about 5 items they all went in the white bag. You quite often recieve mail just marked to the household, which I never open, It would appear that quite a lot of others do the same, about 76.92% seems about right

Last edited by jaysay; 13-05-2008 at 05:16. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 09:02   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How mant people read their junk mailyesterday afternoon I recieved about 5 items they all went in the white bag. You quite often recieve mail just marked to the household, which I never open, It would appear that quite a lot of others do the same, about 76.92% seems about right
As stated earlier, I'm damn hot on putting junk mail straight into the rrecycling sack. This letter was clearly not that, and your suggestion that the people who never received one is contemptible.

Happily quite a few of those people are prepared to tell the press they never received one.

Old 13-05-2008, 09:22   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Apparently Jaysay thinks you lot are all to stupid to tell the difference from an offical looking form from the council, and junk mail.

AccyLass27, BERNADETTE, carl hurles, cashman, churchman phil, claytonender, davo69, emamum23, K.S.H, katex, lancsboy, Lilly, mick, mthead, nikkival, onlyme, ossylass, shakermaker, sligoman, TreeHugger

Old 13-05-2008, 09:31   #102
God Member

It appears to me that as in the proposed name change fiasco the publics opinion was not really wanted. If the council or some members of it want to introduce town councils they will do it come what may. As the new signs seem to point out the name Hyndburn is slowly but surely disappearing!!!
Old 13-05-2008, 11:01   #103
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Apparently Jaysay thinks you lot are all to stupid to tell the difference from an offical looking form from the council, and junk mail.

AccyLass27, BERNADETTE, carl hurles, cashman, churchman phil, claytonender, davo69, emamum23, K.S.H, katex, lancsboy, Lilly, mick, mthead, nikkival, onlyme, ossylass, shakermaker, sligoman, TreeHugger
Ah poor Rindi he's spit his dummy out
Old 13-05-2008, 11:05   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ah poor Rindi he's spit his dummy out
Not at all, just suprised that you dismiss so many people as idiots.

People of all political persuassions who weren't give the chance to voice their opinions on this important matter, because of this almighty cock up.

Old 13-05-2008, 11:48   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not at all, just suprised that you dismiss so many people as idiots.

People of all political persuassions who weren't give the chance to voice their opinions on this important matter, because of this almighty cock up.
Its you who called these good people idiots Rindi, I just try to be light hearted, can't seem to take things like this serious, given the fact that it is well known the survays such as this are usually returned by less than 10% of any targeted body, I can't see what all the fuss is about, if people are honest how many would have filled in any questionnaire if they had got one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..