Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 13:01   #46
Senior Member+

Re: town hall illegal parking

There`s nothing stealthy about it AccyEx, if you can drive then you should know the parking laws, break them and you run the risk of a fine.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2014, 13:27   #47
Beacon of light

If you have driven for years and not had a parking ticket, then you stayed within the law and parked wisely(or perhaps you just didn't get caught).
I do not see parking fines as a stealth tax as they are avoidable by parking legally.

Yes, in many ways motorists are seen as 'fair game' in the raising of funds.....and yes motorists already pay what would seem to be a goodly amount for their wish to drive.

That is how it is.....the motorist has choices....like it or lump it....or get the bus(though this can be a bit hit and miss in the evenings, Bank Holidays and Sundays.....more miss than hit)....there is always Shanks pony....but for short distances only.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 13:46   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Same here, have driven near 40 yrs never had a ticket, have occasionally parked were i shouldn't, but have got away wi it, if i get caught, pointless me bitching about it, thats life.a bigger n more valid bitch to me is speeding, have been done fer 34 MPH, in a 30 zone, now thats worth bitching about in my view, the police used to allow yeh around 6/7 mph, cos speedos aint 100% accurate, or so n ex Liverpool Cop i worked wi told me, that practice seems to have gone out the window, now thats more "Stealth" to me.
Old 12-08-2014, 14:00   #49
Senior Member+

I get that folk are responsible for their actions and yes if you park blocking emergency access,park dangerously etc that you should have the law applied....

...I guess I'll stand alone being against restrictions which see fines handed out to customers parking in our town centre area for a few minutes here and there (possibly driving down already struggling business as result)

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 14:11   #50
Senior Member+

Rules on speedo accuracy have changed Cashman, that`s probably why that rule doesn`t apply anymore. Can`t find a link just yet, but they can no longer show less than what you are travelling, but can show up to 10% faster. So if your speedo is showing 30, then you might, and probably are only doing about 28, but you will not be going over 30.
Old 12-08-2014, 14:12   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I get that folk are responsible for their actions and yes if you park blocking emergency access,park dangerously etc that you should have the law applied....

...I guess I'll stand alone being against restrictions which see fines handed out to customers parking in our town centre area for a few minutes here and there (possibly driving down already struggling business as result)
There`s plenty of free parking.
Old 12-08-2014, 14:22   #52
God Member

if ya cant find anywhre to park in a ghost town like accy then you have serious eyesight problems or are extreemely lazy and cant manage the extra few yards parking leggaly requires lol

i bet theres some out there that have parked on the mini roundabout next to the yorkshire bank to nip into greggs to get a steakbake

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 14:42   #53

Don't forget all the people who park right outside argos. I I was a bus or lorry driver I would have side-swiped a few of them by now.
Gremlin and maxthecollie like this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 16:28   #54
Senior Member+

My Neice has received a "fine" of a hundred pounds today for 26 minutes worth of parking on Whalley Arms car park.
The photos included shows the car twice and the time difference.
OK she should have noticed the sign but can a private company acquire her details from DVLA and how can they "fine". They are not magistrates.
The lass is seventeen and a new driver.
Who knows who these peepers are and are they the sort who would turn up at her house and peep at her there.
maxthecollie and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 12-08-2014, 16:49   #55
God Member

im not sure but i dont think she has to pay that and i agree it is wrong that almost anyone can access the dvla database

theres been a lot of news lately about private parking fines and how in most cases you dont have to pay

personally unless a copper or a traffic warden issued teh ticket id ignore it

who has issued teh fine ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 12-08-2014 at 16:54.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 16:50   #56
Senior Member+

town hall illegal parking

They can't fine her gremlin, it will worded as a parking charge. If she doesn't pay they will send nasty letters threatening court action but very unlikely they will take it that far.
Old 12-08-2014, 16:54   #57
Senior Member+

That was my initial advice gpick, but I was open for suggestions.
Old 12-08-2014, 16:55   #58
Senior Member+

town hall illegal parking

Google "parking eye" lots of info out there about it.
Old 12-08-2014, 16:59   #59
Senior Member+

The girls mother just rung with the following.

ParkingEye is the company and they are the people you appeal to if you dispute it.
It is an unpaid parking charge they are claiming.
Old 12-08-2014, 17:01   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Same here, have driven near 40 yrs never had a ticket, have occasionally parked were i shouldn't, but have got away wi it, if i get caught, pointless me bitching about it, thats life.a bigger n more valid bitch to me is speeding, have been done fer 34 MPH, in a 30 zone, now thats worth bitching about in my view, the police used to allow yeh around 6/7 mph, cos speedos aint 100% accurate, or so n ex Liverpool Cop i worked wi told me, that practice seems to have gone out the window, now thats more "Stealth" to me.
Never had a car that showed me going slower, they are always out on the being careful side thought. At 70mph on the clock satnav thinks I am doing 67mph. Satnav is more accurate because your speedo reading can change slightly as your tyres wear. I thought they allowed 10% still

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..