Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 17:03   #61
Senior Member+

Re: town hall illegal parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
My Neice has received a "fine" of a hundred pounds today for 26 minutes worth of parking on Whalley Arms car park.
The photos included shows the car twice and the time difference.
OK she should have noticed the sign but can a private company acquire her details from DVLA and how can they "fine". They are not magistrates.
The lass is seventeen and a new driver.
Who knows who these peepers are and are they the sort who would turn up at her house and peep at her there.
I ASSUME if she has parked on private land and breached terms made by the owner (clearly sign posted,she will have entered into a (assumed) contract with the landowner) then the owner (or someone authorised by them) may give her a parking ticket.
This might look like an official "fixed penalty" but it's a 'notice' that the owner of the car park intends to take her to a civil court, and they will offer to let you pay the £100 to settle the case out of court. It'd be a civil matter and if she was prepared to fight it all the way there is a (slim) chance of them dropping it........I'd also assume the parking operators will have a deal with the DVLA were the DVLA sell her info to them for a fee.
All assumptions though G

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2014, 17:05   #62
Senior Member+

town hall illegal parking

I wouldn't bother with the appeal myself. I have one from soccer dome in Blackburn, I was there legitimately, been in to reception twice now and they've faxed parking eye telling them to cancel but they still haven't.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3761697
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 17:28   #63
Senior Member+

town hall illegal parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Never had a car that showed me going slower, they are always out on the being careful side thought. At 70mph on the clock satnav thinks I am doing 67mph. Satnav is more accurate because your speedo reading can change slightly as your tyres wear. I thought they allowed 10% still

I thought it was 10%+2, and only a guideline so down to discretion of the officer I guess. New rules on speedo accuracy came in 2001 from what I've read today.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:02   #64
Resting in Peace

Cant see what everyone is moaning about there are plenty of parking space on Blackburn Road and you wont get a ticket
and its not to far to a bus stop and shops
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.JPG (85.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Blackburn road parking.jpg (300.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0264.jpg (287.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg park.jpg (125.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Mick; 13-08-2014 at 06:04.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 07:16   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The law enforcement has long been a total joke.
Old 13-08-2014, 08:31   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I wouldn't bother with the appeal myself. I have one from soccer dome in Blackburn, I was there legitimately, been in to reception twice now and they've faxed parking eye telling them to cancel but they still haven't.
Parking Eye - Always a scam?? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
I'd always challenge/appeal any tickets g (even if I know I'm in the wrong ).
The worst thing you can do with these leeches is write to them and admit that you were parked on their land. Like I've said,it is a civil matter and private companies can't "fine" you.
I don't think you legally have to pay any fine unless it is formally issued directly by a government department (police,court , council , HMRC).

password--Accyweb
Old 13-08-2014, 08:46   #67

A few years back I saw a memo issued to chief police officers saying that they shouldn't fine if a car was doing under 35 in a 30 limit, 46 in a 40 limit and so on. It was only advisory though and I think had a time limit that will have expired by now so don't know if anything else has replaced it.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:05   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'd always challenge/appeal any tickets g (even if I know I'm in the wrong ).
The worst thing you can do with these leeches is write to them and admit that you were parked on their land. Like I've said,it is a civil matter and private companies can't "fine" you.
I don't think you legally have to pay any fine unless it is formally issued directly by a government department (police,court , council , HMRC).
They never claim it to be a fine, it`s as you said earlier a breech of contract and they are invoicing you for losses. If you don`t pay, worst they can do is take you to small claims court.
Old 13-08-2014, 09:36   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
They never claim it to be a fine, it`s as you said earlier a breech of contract and they are invoicing you for losses. If you don`t pay, worst they can do is take you to small claims court.
which will cost them court fees and legal fees thatthey cant get back so at best they would break even if they won

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:38   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
which will cost them court fees and legal fees thatthey cant get back so at best they would break even if they won
They lose money taking people to court, but there was that much on the internet saying "ignore them, they never take you to court", they take that loss with the hope others will just pay.
Old 13-08-2014, 09:49   #71

This thread, while being very interesting and worthwhile in terms of swapping stories and advice about parking, has actually wandered from the original point, which I don't think anyone has yet answered.

Who gave authority for cars to blatantly ignore parking restrictions outside the Town hall on Sunday?
duggie likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 10:06   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
This thread, while being very interesting and worthwhile in terms of swapping stories and advice about parking, has actually wandered from the original point, which I don't think anyone has yet answered.

Who gave authority for cars to blatantly ignore parking restrictions outside the Town hall on Sunday?
Well our councillor members certainly won't answer that question, n nor will the police, (Fact) cos i asked em. so how can any of us answer? wandering seems to be the only option, whem certain members won't address it.

Last edited by cashman; 13-08-2014 at 10:08.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 10:31   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:

My answer would be that nobody gave them authority to park there.
I'd say that since someone was hiring out our town hall function room etc, those that would/should enforce traffic regulations in that area turn a blind eye to parking outside due to the council making money.
I may be wrong and the front of the town hall doubles as a designated parking area when booking the function room, in that case, it would be the council that gives permission to park there.

password--Accyweb
Old 13-08-2014, 10:33   #74
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

Have you contacted the Town Hall to ask them why they didn't do something about it at the time? Have you contacted the Police with your photo's? Or are you just expecting something to happen because you had a moan on the internet?
Less likes this.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:09   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you contacted the Town Hall to ask them why they didn't do something about it at the time? Have you contacted the Police with your photo's? Or are you just expecting something to happen because you had a moan on the internet?
Yer aint at the races today,Neil the photos Hyndburner didn't put on,twas duggie.
hyndburner likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..