Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2014, 20:15   #1

Unhappy town hall illegal parking

Can somebody from our council explain to me why there was appox 30 cars parked outside the town hall today, the area is restricted to traffic yet we allow cars to park under the town hall arch without any fines being impossed on illegal parking. I understand it was an asian wedding which it would seem allows a complete and utter change of road traffic laws, equality it seems is out the window, if I park there tomorrow I would have a ticket before I locked the door.
so come on elected officers explain this please or is it simply that we dont prosecute certain members of the public. My money says I wont get a response ....
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2014, 20:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: town hall illegal parking

Yeh should ask the policeforce the same question duggie, no-ones got the balls to tell yeh straight,
Old 10-08-2014, 20:30   #3
Senior Member+

My blood pressure was normal until I read your post Duggie.
As a "retired gentleman of leisure", so my business card now says, I am too polite to say what I think about inequality suffered by the original home grown on English soil, hard working members of the community, who may I add, don't refer to going home to land on distant shore even though they were born here.

Rant over, pill under tongue, nice warm drink to calm me down.
Old 10-08-2014, 20:31   #4
Senior Member+

That's if you can get through. The plod wont bother.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 20:31   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
My blood pressure was normal until I read your post Duggie.
As a "retired gentleman of leisure", so my business card now says, I am too polite to say what I think about inequality suffered by the original home grown on English soil, hard working members of the community, who may I add, don't refer to going home to land on distant shore even though they were born here.

Rant over, pill under tongue, nice warm drink to calm me down.
Take your Horlicks
Gremlin likes this.
Old 10-08-2014, 20:33   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
Can somebody from our council explain to me why there was appox 30 cars parked outside the town hall today, the area is restricted to traffic yet we allow cars to park under the town hall arch without any fines being impossed on illegal parking. I understand it was an asian wedding which it would seem allows a complete and utter change of road traffic laws, equality it seems is out the window, if I park there tomorrow I would have a ticket before I locked the door.
so come on elected officers explain this please or is it simply that we dont prosecute certain members of the public. My money says I wont get a response ....
Did you get any photos?
Old 10-08-2014, 20:39   #7

I have one on my mobile but dont know how to post them on here
Old 10-08-2014, 20:40   #8
Senior Member+

what was the reason for the parking, were they using the hall for a function. that should not make any difference but it may be useful to know in case i need to park there one morning.

Horlick's taken Frank along with a treble Glayva.
Old 10-08-2014, 20:41   #9
Senior Member+

This is not a police matter. Traffic wardens are employed either by the council or a firm which operates under the bye-laws for the council.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 20:42   #10
Senior Member+

Traffic Wardens do not work on Sundays
Old 10-08-2014, 20:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
This is not a police matter. Traffic wardens are employed either by the council or a firm which operates under the bye-laws for the council.
sorry bob your wrong, traffic laws are being broken, it is classed as pedestrian zone check out the road signs, it is the same as a speed limit sign yet town hall bosses have allowed this illegal act, I will be taking this up with the police and I will be writing to the town hall to get thier opinion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140810_155800.jpg (377.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-08-2014, 21:13   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Why have all traffic cops been made redundant since last year.?
Old 10-08-2014, 21:52   #13
God Member

i dont knwo teh rules of teh town center parking at that location but if it was an asian wedding teh chances are most cars will be taxis and i think they are allowed there

hate to sound stereotyping but lets face it the words asian , driver and taxi pretty much go together pretty well ..

yes we get a lot of chineese taxi drivers

the rest are pa....
jelly baby likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 22:16   #14
Senior Member+

town hall illegal parking

I think you're wrong accyman, if they were taxis they'd have stopped in the middle of the road.
accyman and Alan Varrechia like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 22:25   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont knwo teh rules of teh town center parking at that location but if it was an asian wedding teh chances are most cars will be taxis and i think they are allowed there....
No it's only buses which means that HBC's own van which is often parked there is also illegal.

have a look at the signs on google streetview in the links below

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7531...JNxO2DXaWg!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7529...xB_bnBq3hA!2e0

Those signs make it a Police matter not a traffic warden issue
Gremlin likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..