Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 15:48   #16
God Member

Re: Town3ys

So theses Devil Worshippers have Satanic rituals & like black masses and things? Do you think one of them might have put a spell on Blackburn Rovers?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2004, 16:05   #17
Senior Member+

Maybe times have changed, when I was a kid( and I know all the jokes, Pontius wasnt even a Pilot, Bodercia hadnt passed her driving test) Townies were Gypos who lived in Huncoat or Fern Gore, but never in Accy only Greasers and about 7 mods with scooters.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 20:20   #18
Senior Member+

Goths are not necessarily devil-worshippers.....of course some of them consider themselves to be satanic but at the end of the day FROM MY KNOWLEDGE AND IN MY OPINION hardly any of them do any real worshipping and cant answer any questions of the real 'religion' of satanism. Some of claim to be wiccans yet cannot answer questions on magic that i have asked them,some dress like it because of the music they listen to EG marylyn manson or cradle of filth, some because it makes them feel different and feel society doesnt let them be who they want therefor go for alternative but it has ended up there being so many of them they are not a minority any more.
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 21:00   #19
Senior Member+

Try this one of the best skits ever....... http://www.waningmoon.com/gothica/ar.../6660025.shtml

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 22:28   #20
Junior Member+

Hmmm.... this post got a few reply's

Towneys are scum.... best collage for moshers and the like is baclkburn collage i reckon... hardly any there!

---

Should women have children over 35?; no ffs, 35 children is enough!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:20   #21
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu
Hmmm.... this post got a few reply's

Towneys are scum.... best collage for moshers and the like is baclkburn collage i reckon... hardly any there!
Maybe now you might oblige and let us into the secret of why you hate them so much?.......
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:27   #22
God Member

..we never had any of this when I was a lad.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:37   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Do you think one of them might have put a spell on Blackburn Rovers?
well, you never know.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:52   #24

Am I right in thinking the Townies/Chavs wear crappy track suites, Burberry caps and over-priced trainers ??

If so most are real inadequates (Liberal hat on)

Last edited by PC Plod 8290; 07-04-2004 at 16:50.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 13:02   #25

I'm 43 and i remember the skin heads and mods, think it would have been around mid 70s. The skin heads were really intimidating.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 13:59   #26

i like the designer gear and a good night out clubbibng does that make me a towney?
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 18:26   #27
Junior Member+

I hate them so much because:

The way they always think that theyre soooooo awesomely good in fights...
The way they call skaters and moshers goths...
The way they think that their Rockfords make them look hard...
Oh and as the name that i call them "Pants in socks crew" is soooo true, Yeah lets go and tuck our pants into our socks... which prat thought of that?

It just annoys me.

---

Should women have children over 35?; no ffs, 35 children is enough!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 18:47   #28
God Member

Do they tuck their shirts into their underpants?
Old 07-04-2004, 19:23   #29
Accrington Web Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu
"Pants in socks crew" is soooo true, Yeah lets go and tuck our pants into our socks... which prat thought of that?

It just annoys me.
Yep - I was wondering when someone would mention that! You have to wear trackie bottoms - with the socks over the top, you can wear very expensive trainers, but no true Townie would be seen without their Rockports! Also, designer jumper - preferably with lots of stripes. Why anyone would wear boots with sportswear is what gets me the most annoyed.

I also saw a townie in the heat of the summer (yeah we did have one) with gloves on (???) He probably wouldn't be seen dead in gloves in winter!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 20:12   #30
Senior Member+

Am as baffled as the rest of us "oldies" as to what the bleeding hell this thread is about....purpose? Value? Thought I was fairly modern in my outlook,pigeonholing people because of what they wear seems a little bit non pc!!!Used to be a rocker myself,now more at home with Beautiful South and Foo Fighters;whet does that make me??

« Petition | bin day? »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..