Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 20:35   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Town3ys

I'm a bit befuddled too as to where I fit in. I will listen to practically anything and have music at home from old classics, swinging sixties, 70's, 80's up until present day. Suppose I did veer a bit towards Goth when I was a teenager but I still listened to very varied music..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2004, 20:35   #32
Accrington Web Mascot

It isn't really just about what they wear - it's a whole attitude thing. I could wear trackies & a posh jumper but that wouldn't make me a townie. (cos I actually have a job!)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 20:54   #33
Accy Goddess

I'm with you Lindsay,this thread has me compleatly baffled. I had never heard of Townies or Moshers till I saw an article in the Telegraph some time back.
I am round about Kipax's age and come from the same area in Preston and I never came across no Townies.
We had Hells Angels,Teddy boys and Girls, Rockabilly's, Greasers, Mods&Rockers,then the Skinheads came into the picture.
This was all when I was at school.
The eighties brought the strange punk brigade.
The Goths well I think like the punks they just want to be different and do there own thing.
Some are into Vimpirism and the Satanic thing. But why should they be able to answer questions about Wicca?
Wiccans dont even believe in Satan.
Mmmm
Strange thread.
What do these townies do that is so bad. Surley they cant all be a bad lot.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:38   #34
God Member

I've not posted here before, just been browsing and reading for a few weeks .

For all of those who don't know what a 'townie' is, you can visit www.chavscum.co.uk .
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:01   #35
mez
God Member

hi cyfr why dont you go on to the introduction channel we will welcome you on there, but hope youve enjoyed browsing the forums, we are a bit nutty at times, will we be seeing you i the king st pub as it is now on easter sunday nite, its nice to put a face to the names, & we are a friendly bunch as i hope you can tell, any way happy posting. oops sorry just worked your age out, hope your not sick off the many easter eggs you will get,
Old 08-04-2004, 13:09   #36

I don't believe that people do exactly the same things as people the other side of the country. Everyone around where I live (North-East coast) tuck their trousers into their socks and wear burberry hats. Losers. Do they think it makes them look hard.

OOOOH MEERRRRTTT I'M GOIN OUT TO GET PROPER WRECKED, I'M BRICK HARD!!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 13:27   #37
Senior Member+

This thread started because someone was airing their view
It is prejudice but at the same time if chavs didnt want to be known as chavs (or towneys,etc) they would pull their pants outa their socks, take off their burberry caps and settle for 'no-name' boots instead of forking out over a hundred quid for some just for the name.
i dont mind these people but i dont admire their attitude, obviously not all of them are like this but i must say it is the majority of chavs that just dont care for anything except fights, speaking in a vulgar manner and keeping companys like rockport going,(generally not caring for anyone else), and it sux.
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 13:32   #38
Senior Member+

Anne...in my post i said some of them are satanic and some claim to be wiccans....not that they are satanic wiccans
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 16:47   #39
I am Banned

I am a playa not a [B]townie
do u like me
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 17:22   #40
God Member

Wiccan? sounds like a chocolate bar...where can I buy one?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 17:25   #41
Senior Member+

goths townys are just extremes most people are just normal, u dont have to fit in somwhere.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 17:42   #42
Accrington Web Mascot

Well at the end of the day - there all welcome on AccyWeb!!! The more the merrier!
Old 08-04-2004, 17:50   #43

Yes, come join the fun
Old 08-04-2004, 20:44   #44
Accy Goddess

Well said shortstuff, It takes all sorts to make a world.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 14:29   #45
Accrington Web Mascot

That's true Anne - it would be very boring indeed if we were all the same.

« Petition | bin day? »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..