Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2003, 13:29   #1
God Member

Post TRICK OR TREAT?

Is there anyone else out there who is more than a little bit peeved off with this unneccessary American import?

Whats wrong with pottering round the streets with a carved out turnip with half a candle bunged inside?

Instead, we got 3 weeks of purgotary...fireworks going off continuously - makes Bagdad sound like a quite night in the morgue...then come this weekend we got kids banging on the fromt door with the treat of blackmail - either pay up or there's a banger through your letter box.

All I can say is should any of the little brats come banging on my door they'll be departing very quickly at the end of my size 11 Doc Martin...

Anyway, lets get rid of this cheap import ASAP...

No doubt there's a few on here who'll be fully encouraging the rascals.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2003, 14:17   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: TRICK OR TREAT?

The kids start this weeks in advance, I told the local kids there will be no treat unless they come on Halloween night, and they seem to be sticking to it this year, as I have not yet been disturbed. Used to love going out on Halloween and used to dress up, the neighbours were treated to a full song and we were happy to accept sweets.
These days they want cash, sing the first line of a song, cos they don't know the rest of it and beggar off as soon as the treat is in their hands. (It's all about profit, these kids will go far) ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 14:32   #3

Not hand one person knock on the door yet, probably just jinxed myself by saying that
Old 27-10-2003, 21:20   #4

to be honest i am getting annoyed with these trick or treaters i have had 3 in the space of an hour tonight. i woulnt mind but their not even kids there more like the age of teenagers
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2003, 00:06   #5

Bucket of Ice cold water poured on em is waiting for the little beggers that appear early this year  ;D
Old 28-10-2003, 04:20   #6
Resting in Peace

I have to agree with lettie they only want cash for more FIREWORKS try giving them sweets and just see what sort of look they give you
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2003, 13:21   #7
Senior Member+

Get a really horrible mask and when they ring or knock open up quickly and scream.Remember a bloke that did that to some mates kids.He said his kids [smiley=pooh.gif] themselves that much the person in question never got bothered again
Old 28-10-2003, 13:28   #8
God Member

Rig the doorbell up the the light switch - make their hair sizzle. That always works.
Old 28-10-2003, 13:33   #9
Senior Member+

lol at that tealeaf,nice one. I for one will not answer the door on friday night.Had no one round yet.
Old 30-10-2003, 14:07   #10

Easiest thing for trick or treat tomorrow, is too go out
Old 30-10-2003, 14:37   #11
God Member

I tried that last year - ended up with my lock being superglued up. Little s**ts.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:11   #12
Resting in Peace

Well we had a quiet trick or treat only one came to the door we had about 15 last year ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:25   #13
Caz
God Member

We had five.

Mind you, had turned the front lights out so it looked like no one was in, or we might have had more.

Got a spy hole in the door so could check who they were. Most of them shouldn't have even been out on their own at their age. Disgusting.

Beats me why people throw away money on Halloween rubbish then expect to claw it back off strangers.  >

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:54   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Went out, so was blissfully unaware of any trick or treaters. Gave some sweets to the little boy next door though, as he is only 6 and his mum won't let him go with the older kids trick or treating, and quite rightly so. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 08:24   #15
Senior Member+

I to did not answer the door last night,must have had 5or6 call. Hope it was just kids and not genuine callers,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..