Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 15:12   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Trouble in the Tory ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...oll-shows.html

The good old Daily Telegraph - but I guess following recent threads we shouldn't trust anything they say.

Does it give the house band the people are in, who've voted in their poll?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2008, 15:14   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Does it give the house band the people are in, who've voted in their poll?

No but it does say they were on a really low income.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 15:19   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It'd be interesting to know what old school Conservaties think. People like Mr and Mrs Norman Tebbit, who of course were sadly victims of a terrorist act.

I wonder if they are in favour of the hug-a-hoodie, cuddle a suspected suicide bomber, type of policies that are examplified by the Conservative party of today?
I'm sure they are more concerned over the number of servicemen who are currently being killed in Afghanistan and Iraq by terrorists.
Why not let the High Court Judges decide if an extension of time is justified, in consultation with senior police officers, instead of the Government, who seem to be making a town halls of all they issues in their stewardship?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 15:22   #19
Resting in Peace

Can't understand the point really, having seen the newscast, he hasn't fallen out with Cameron, he's not a odds with the party, seems daft, but I'll have to PM young Andrew to tell him o get his election skates on again David nees you Andrew
Old 12-06-2008, 16:24   #20
God Member

He is raising awareness about our loss of civil liberties in general.
He appears a man of principle - rare in politics today - I admire him - good leadership potential.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 16:43   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
He is raising awareness about our loss of civil liberties in general.
He appears a man of principle - rare in politics today - I admire him - good leadership potential.
Since I first heard about it when I loged on about 4-15pm I have given it some thought, and in fact I've come to exactly he same conclusion as you Margaret, at least he is standing by his principles and not selling them down the river like the whole of the Labour Party did in 1994
Old 12-06-2008, 16:47   #22
God Member

I thought this would be appearing here.

First I think its important people listen to David Davis' speech. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450627.stm At a time when all eyes will be on Haltemprice and Howden, I think it is deeply important that he raises the issues of the state prying into peoples lives. I personally believe the speech is very good. It really questions the direction this country is going.

As people have already said, it is good to see such a principled politician. Someone willing to put his job on the line for something he deeply believes in.

As he is a former member of the SAS I don't think there is any doubt David Davis knows how to be tough on terror, not only this, smart, on terror. He is greatly respected among all sides of the House for his knowledge on security.

Have no fear Jaysay, I will be doing my bit in Haltemprice and Howden, for I believe passionately in what David is doing.
Old 12-06-2008, 16:57   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I thought this would be appearing here.

First I think its important people listen to David Davis' speech. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7450627.stm At a time when all eyes will be on Haltemprice and Howden, I think it is deeply important that he raises the issues of the state prying into peoples lives. I personally believe the speech is very good. It really questions the direction this country is going.

As people have already said, it is good to see such a principled politician. Someone willing to put his job on the line for something he deeply believes in.

As he is a former member of the SAS I don't think there is any doubt David Davis knows how to be tough on terror, not only this, smart, on terror. He is greatly respected among all sides of the House for his knowledge on security.

Have no fear Jaysay, I will be doing my bit in Haltemprice and Howden, for I believe passionately in what David is doing.
If I were fit enough I'd be coming with ya Andrew
Old 12-06-2008, 17:02   #24
God Member

I would have loved to see Brown's face when that news broke.

Old 12-06-2008, 17:10   #25
God Member

It has just been announced that Labour will not field a candidate against David Davies.

Old 12-06-2008, 17:20   #26
God Member

Oh, it just gets better and better.

Old 12-06-2008, 17:23   #27
God Member

Quote:
Oh, it just gets better and better.
I think i'ts a case of running scared by the Labour Party....So much for democracy......

Old 12-06-2008, 17:25   #28
God Member

It just stops the debate dead! I think it's hilarious - there was David Davies all prepared to get on his high horse and Labour cancelled the race!

Old 12-06-2008, 17:33   #29
God Member

Quote:
It just stops the debate dead! I think it's hilarious - there was David Davies all prepared to get on his high horse and Labour cancelled the race!
I think that David Davies has won the day anyway....and has shown Labour up to be what they are.........a bunch of loosers.

Old 12-06-2008, 17:43   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think that David Davies has won the day anyway....and has shown Labour up to be what they are.........a bunch of loosers.
As they say in the other place Roy here, here

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..