Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 18:17   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Trouble in the Tory ranks

'Mr Davis' surprise resignation follows what sources called an "angry row" between Mr Davis and David Cameron over the party's stance on counter-terrorism.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...fire'.html

I wonder if it will appear on You Tube?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2008, 18:25   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Mr Davis' surprise resignation follows what sources called an "angry row" between Mr Davis and David Cameron over the party's stance on counter-terrorism.'
I think the Telegraph use the same sources as 'Billy's Weekly Liar'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 18:32   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think the Telegraph use the same sources as 'Billy's Weekly Liar'
But the Daily Telegraph is the Tory Bible.

I can't see them having a political agenda, surely?

Forget Big Brother, and the soaps.

This fiasco could prove to be the big show to watch this summer.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 18:51   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
He is raising awareness about our loss of civil liberties in general.
He appears a man of principle - rare in politics today - I admire him - good leadership potential.
disagree, the only way to change the rules of any club is from within, not spit yer dummy out n throw yer toys out of the pram, as the infamous gang of 5 did when they formed the SDP, got them a long way didn't it? i said at that time they were spineless individuals n say that now, people can pontificate all they wish about Davies, but ya gotta be in it, to win it.simple fact. should i take it cyfr is also standing down his membership if he's supporting this guy?
Old 12-06-2008, 19:07   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree, the only way to change the rules of any club is from within, not spit yer dummy out n throw yer toys out of the pram, as the infamous gang of 5 did when they formed the SDP, got them a long way didn't it? i said at that time they were spineless individuals n say that now, people can pontificate all they wish about Davies, but ya gotta be in it, to win it.simple fact. should i take it cyfr is also standing down his membership if he's supporting this guy?
Lol, no he's actually heading up there at the weekend to campaign for him!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 19:24   #36
God Member

Quote:
disagree, the only way to change the rules of any club is from within, not spit yer dummy out n throw yer toys out of the pram, people can pontificate all they wish about Davies, but ya gotta be in it, to win it.simple fact.
Labour haven't got the balls to be in it.....The Bye Election that is...They know they would get really stuffed...pure spectulation I know!

Old 12-06-2008, 19:55   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Labour haven't got the balls to be in it.....The Bye Election that is...They know they would get really stuffed...pure spectulation I know!
my post was non political, about different parties people quitting, i thought this issue was Davis quitting? yer using typical Tory tactics, moving the goalpost. still expect nowt else.
Old 12-06-2008, 20:01   #38
God Member

Quote:
my post was non political, about different parties people quitting, i thought this issue was Davis quitting? yer using typical Tory tactics, moving the goalpost. still expect nowt else.
Ye good in it..............love playing politics....come on Cashy, how can it be non politcal when you refer to the dead beats who quite the Labour Party to help form the team of 5 and Davies for that matter?

Old 12-06-2008, 20:21   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Ye good in it..............love playing politics....come on Cashy, how can it be non politcal when you refer to the dead beats who quite the Labour Party to help form the team of 5 and Davies for that matter?
i was refering to the fact i loathe quitters of all denominations n mentioned the gang of 5 to illustrate that n the fact i was not pickin on Davis cos hes a tory, cos hes a quitter.
Old 12-06-2008, 20:45   #40
God Member

Quote:
i was refering to the fact i loathe quitters of all denominations n mentioned the gang of 5 to illustrate that n the fact i was not pickin on Davis cos hes a tory, cos hes a quitter.
Maybe, but he still there....and because labour won't field a candidate..there he will stay...Not a quitter just a very clever politition.
Lots of free publicity.....I'll go along with that...not spin...reality.

Old 12-06-2008, 21:03   #41
God Member

And he'll be on the back benches and has given up a very cushy job as Home Secretary.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 21:05   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
And he'll be on the back benches and has given up a very cushy job as Home Secretary.
In the shadows...........but not for long

Old 12-06-2008, 21:35   #43
God Member

theres more to this that meets the eye.this was another ploy to try and discredit gordon brown but its going to backfire big time .all they need is a victim of terrorism to stand as an independant and hes down and out because his seat has more traditional and right wing tory voters and it will just take one person to oust him put it this way there wont be any shortage of sponsors for the independant thats going to stand.people must know somebody is going to stand against him and why the liberals or labour are not going to stand against him so its going to be a 2 horse race and he will be humiliated.so really by people think he is being smart now will find out he is really stupid.

Last edited by cmonstanley; 12-06-2008 at 21:36. Reason: im daft as a brush
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 21:48   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
they'll see him as someone standin up for his rights and the rites of his constituents
I think the text should represent HIS priorities. Did he consult his constituents ?
Old 12-06-2008, 21:52   #45
God Member

I see it as playground behaviour, resigning and then being a candidate in the by-election his resignation has caused. Hope he gets beat

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..