Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2003, 21:47   #1

Post Trusty Andyman

Can anybody please recommend a trusty Handyman who I can trust to do a good job at a price that is fair for both of us? I have a small house in Oswaldtwistle that needs some repair work carried out, I let it out at the moment so I cannot be there to check out the work, there is a tenent there at the moment so who`ever does the work must be trustworthy...Many Thank`s

ALFEE  [smiley=wave.gif]
alfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2003, 17:01   #2
Em

Post Re: Trusty Andyman

What kind of work do you want doing Alfee
Old 28-08-2003, 20:44   #3

There is some plastering to be done.
I will need a new bathroom suite and shower fitted.
There is some rubbish to be moved from the rear where some cowboy failed to get rid of it.
KItchen wall needs sealing against damp.

Old 29-08-2003, 12:18   #4

Does Simon decorate as well.  Want someone to decorate who is not going to charge the earth, can strip the paper and paint myself, just want some paper putting up.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 12:29   #5
BB
Junior Member+

[quote author=sara link=board=general;num=1061934426;start=0#5 date=08/29/03 at 13:18:40]Does Simon decorate as well. Want someone to decorate who is not going to charge the earth, can strip the paper and paint myself, just want some paper putting up.[/quote]

Cheapest person is you!
Give it a go sara!
Not that difficult. Preparations the worst part!
Quite rewarding to look at the finished job and say "I did that". Then you can buy yourself a reward with the money you've saved!
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 15:33   #6
Jo

Try Simon on 01254 395285. Well-mannered, honest, trustworthy and hardworking. Get him to give you a quote.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 16:18   #7

Thank`s Jo........  will do ;D
Old 31-08-2003, 20:19   #8
Em

My Fella is a plasterer (very reasonably priced) from the things you mentioned only thing he cant do is your bathroom and shower if your interested send me an email and i'll give you the phone number.
Old 31-08-2003, 20:24   #9

I have tried it BB, but honestly not that good, haven't got the patience.  :-/

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 21:31   #10

Thanks Em....Email sent :-*
Old 05-09-2003, 12:10   #11
Jo

[quote author=sara link=board=general;num=1061934426;start=0#5 date=08/29/03 at 13:18:40]Does Simon decorate as well. Want someone to decorate who is not going to charge the earth, can strip the paper and paint myself, just want some paper putting up.[/quote]

Hello Sara,
I don't think Simon does decorating, but you could definitely try calling Pots and Patterns on 01254 872029. Good prices and decent work, I don't think it'd be a problem for him to do just the papering if you want to do the rest, but ask for a quote for the whole lot, it might be worthwhile.
Hope that helps!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

« LOST DOG | PARKING »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..