Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Less
  • 2 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2014, 11:52   #1
Full Member+

Unhappy Two hundred and fifty quid divorce.

Listening to Burnley radio the other day I was taken aback by one of the adverts - forget ambulance chasing - a company was advertising divorces from 'as little as 250 pounds'. When did we morph in to America? II really don't like what this country is becoming, we'll be having Vegas style drive thru weddings next. So tacky and shallow.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:13   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Two hundred and fifty quid divorce.

My divorce in 1970 was ten shilling plus over two grand to clear her debts.
I still have every receipt for the money I paid to clear the debt.
Even receipts for clothes for her other men.
Twas well worth it because I got the best in the world after that, even though she was a Lancastrian and first a Yorky.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:43   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Mine cost me nowt', she moved back to Eire, I kept getting letters telling me I must attend 'AN CHUIRT CHURDA TEAGHLAIGH', which when translated turns out to be the circuit family court'.
I left them to it not wishing to spend even 1p more on this woman. eventually, after several years of demanding I attend with threats of dire consequences if I didn't, they sent me a letter telling me I was divorced.

Result, superb and cost me not a thing. As for drive through marriages, deffo not for me I'd rather just drive away and enjoy life.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 12:56   #4
God Member

£250 for a divorce

nah its still cheaper to buy an axe and a shovel

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:01   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Mine cost me nowt', she moved back to Eire, I kept getting letters telling me I must attend 'AN CHUIRT CHURDA TEAGHLAIGH', which when translated turns out to be the circuit family court'.
I left them to it not wishing to spend even 1p more on this woman. eventually, after several years of demanding I attend with threats of dire consequences if I didn't, they sent me a letter telling me I was divorced.

Result, superb and cost me not a thing. As for drive through marriages, deffo not for me I'd rather just drive away and enjoy life.
Would that work over here? I believe you can get a divorce without the other spouses consent after five years, presumedly the absent spouse wouldn't have to pay then. But I digress, I just think everything is for sale these days and there is always someone rubbing their hands waiting to make a profit from other peoples misery.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:05   #6
Beacon of light

Yes and you would get free board and lodging for oh....about ten years.....mind you, you would not be able to vote in that time.

I think it is sad when a marriage breaks down, but I think it is sensible to know when to quit.
Mind you I thought that recently fewer people had even bothered to get married anyway...no wedding means no divorce and the lawyers miss out on getting their hands on a slice of your money...for in a divorce they are the only winners.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:22   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The Do-Gooders are trying to change the fact yeh can't vote when in the slammer, in fact only last week some clown in government was saying it should be fine fer short sentences.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:26   #8
Beacon of light

the prisoners who brought a case at Strasbourg for compensation for not being allowed to vote had it thrown out of court...at Strasbourg.
the same court says we should give prisoners the vote, but they can't do anything to force it to happen...and so far DC says it aint happening...but you never know. If they need the votes badly enough there could be a U turn.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:29   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The Do-Gooders are trying to change the fact yeh can't vote when in the slammer, in fact only last week some clown in government was saying it should be fine fer short sentences.
How about these for short sentences?
Guilty = No right to vote.
Not Guilty = Right to vote.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:44   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How about these for short sentences?
Guilty = No right to vote.
Not Guilty = Right to vote.
it was only a few days ago i was reading about a prisoner who posted pictures of himself using a smart phone on facebook eating a kebab in his cell that he got smuggled into prison

i have no idea where the guard hid the kebab but it seems stopping them from voting is the least of the problems within the prison system
jelly baby and Accyexplorer like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..