Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2008, 18:08   #16
God Member

Re: Ufo's

What is all this fuss about a picture of an aeroplane?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2008, 18:26   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Some drunk thinks he's just seen Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 18:32   #18
God Member

It also makes you wander what people are doing on top of the Coppice in the middle of the night. Possibly looking to snap a few doggers?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 18:45   #19
God Member

Could have been doing a bit of dogging themselves.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 23:38   #20
Loz

I believe!
How can we be the only life in the entire universe?
I agree with Jambutty and no offence but i never thought i would say that!
I believe i have seen things i cannot explain and would love it if it was proven that there was life out there somewhere as long as they were friendly!
Old 28-06-2008, 08:31   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aeroplane? can you be sure, its a UFO. (being Unidentified Flying Object)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Some drunk thinks he's just seen Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.
Nice to presume that Im a drunk. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It also makes you wander what people are doing on top of the Coppice in the middle of the night. Possibly looking to snap a few doggers?
I did manage to catch two dogs on camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Could have been doing a bit of dogging themselves.
Got it in one.
Old 28-06-2008, 09:06   #22
Resting in Peace

I'm afraid I agree with Mr D there is something out there, never used to think so, but I do now. If anyone has doubts about other life forms all you have to do is take the trouble to take up a vantage point on some high ground on a night with a clear sky, after midnight, if you have some binoculars all the better, then just keep your eyes on the skyline, you'll be surprised just what you'll see.
Old 28-06-2008, 11:41   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

fer all the doubters.
Old 28-06-2008, 11:56   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer all the doubters.
Nice one cashy, that should put the doubters straigh
Old 28-06-2008, 14:16   #25
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Ufo's

Great record. I remember it well.

What about “The Blob” sung by the Five Blobs and featured in the film The Blob, which starred Steve McQueen?
Old 28-06-2008, 14:46   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When I lived in Hassy Used to go out UFO spotting regularly, there is a lot of activity downt Valley, I have to say that we never failed to see something that we could not explain, Usually coming from the direction of the Coppice towards the Valley, it was very very eerie

That was solved years ago, it was planes on the glide path to Manchester Airport, the pilots throttle back the engines, so it would appear to the watchers as if they were silent ufo's.

I said years ago when all this crap about ufo's was at its height, that if there was such a thing they, would have been on the Wogan Show.

Whats the point of travelling all that way in outer space, and then just zooming about, and wheres the mother ship, to house all these little flying beggars, it would have to be the size of a small moon, something easily
spotted by the number of telescopes pointing at the sky.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 14:54   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
That was solved years ago, it was planes on the glide path to Manchester Airport, the pilots throttle back the engines, so it would appear to the watchers as if they were silent ufo's.

I said years ago when all this crap about ufo's was at its height, that if there was such a thing they, would have been on the Wogan Show.

Whats the point of travelling all that way in outer space, and then just zooming about, and wheres the mother ship, to house all these little flying beggars, it would have to be the size of a small moon, something easily

Retlaw.
they are looking for intelligent life... they will make themselves known when they find some

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 15:00   #28
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Ufo's

Quote:

Retlaw.
You are judging the alien by our own standards and technology.

If someone from way out there had the capability to come over here, their technology would have to be far superior to our own. Thus it would not be beyond the realms of probability that their craft could be invisible to our eyes and radar.

By universal standards the largest American aircraft carrier is just a pin prick, yet it houses many aircraft, some quite large.
Old 28-06-2008, 15:23   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
all the mind altering drugs, bondage, and anal probing
Are we taking about Letties nights out still or UFO's?
Old 28-06-2008, 15:27   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Retlaw.
Well in that case Retlaw these were the queerest plans I have ever seen, One bright light, hovering for around 5 to 10 minutes then shooting of at a great rate of knots then disappearing over the skyline, I ain't seen no plane behave like that, and it was far to fast to be a copter

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..