Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2008, 15:31   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Ufo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
they are looking for intelligent life... they will make themselves known when they find some
Well they always seemed like they were coming from the directon of Burnley, they'd have had no chance over there thats me hiding from dave and GC
Old 28-06-2008, 15:36   #32
God Member

It always seemed more logical to me that, rather than coming from outer space, they are time travellers from our own future.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 15:42   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I hope Gordon Brown has found a way of imposing an enviromental tax on these UFO's. Who knows what effect they have on global warming?
Old 28-06-2008, 16:01   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23
they are looking for intelligent life... they will make themselves known when they find some
As Eric Idle said:
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's ****** all down here on Earth.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 28-06-2008 at 16:07.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 19:55   #35

What camera is that you're using?
Old 28-06-2008, 20:08   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
What camera is that you're using?
Nothing Special.

Just a Fuji Finepix - 6500.

Good cheap camera, bit on the big side though.
Old 28-06-2008, 20:13   #37

I like. lol
Old 28-06-2008, 20:56   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Ufo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It always seemed more logical to me that, rather than coming from outer space, they are time travellers from our own future.
Now you are getting into the realms of fantasy.

If anyone has come back from the future sooner or later one of them would commit the ultimate paradox. One of them would alter the time line that would eventually lead to the none birth of the person committing the paradox. So he couldn’t come back and alter the time line because he didn’t exist. And if he didn’t exist there would be no one to come back and alter the time line.

There are undoubtedly strange goings on in our skies and our government, at least, must know something. Otherwise why keep the UFO files locked away for 30 years?
Old 28-06-2008, 21:02   #39
JFT96

Sorry, but I have don't believe we are being buzzed by Aliens.
Firstly they have no idea we are here,according to SETI, very few of our radio and tv transmissions will have escaped into space and although they travel at the speed of light they get weaker the further they go and will eventually get drowned out by the background electromatic radiation caused by the 'big bang'.
Okay so now we have space craft that have left the planet and now solar system, such as Voyager, are not that far out of our solar system
Then there is the small question of interstellar travel, being able to travel at the speed of light is one thing, but traveling such distances is another matter.
Why if there are such life forms do they not get in contact with us?
Why not land in Hyde Park?
I am not saying that the universe is devoid of life, just I don't beleive in UFO's

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 21:02   #40
Apprentice Geriatric

Some ten years ago on a bright summer’s afternoon I was walking my dog. The skies were clear without a single cloud to be seen. There was no haze so the visibility was excellent.

Suddenly I became aware of a very loud sound like that of low flying jet fighter coming from the north. Within three or four seconds the sound disappeared to the south. I followed the sound with my eyes all the way but saw absolutely nothing. Even my dog stopped and looked up. On that day I estimate that I could have seen well over 50 miles in any direction. So this sound could travel some 100 miles in a few seconds.

It could have been a military jet flying at faster than mach 1 and the aircraft was out of sight before the sound arrived but there was no sonic boom.

I wrote to the Telegraph to describe the incident and one person responded by saying that she had heard the same at the same time whilst watching the cricket match at Rishton but like me, saw nothing.
Old 28-06-2008, 21:14   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Now you are getting into the realms of fantasy.

If anyone has come back from the future sooner or later one of them would commit the ultimate paradox. One of them would alter the time line that would eventually lead to the none birth of the person committing the paradox. So he couldn’t come back and alter the time line because he didn’t exist. And if he didn’t exist there would be no one to come back and alter the time line.

There are undoubtedly strange goings on in our skies and our government, at least, must know something. Otherwise why keep the UFO files locked away for 30 years?
What you say about the paradox of time travel is correct.

It doesn’t rule out future technologies allowing it to be a possibility though. It may not be so fanciful after all.
Old 28-06-2008, 21:16   #42
JFT96

Edited to appologise that the same post has happened twice, maybe its UFO's or just the fact that the Internet in Cotonou, Benin (near Nigeria) is naff. Back to Casablanca in the Morn

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 28-06-2008 at 21:19.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 21:33   #43
Senior Member+

Old 28-06-2008, 21:37   #44
God Member

What a great photo
Old 28-06-2008, 21:50   #45
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Sorry, but I have don't believe we are being buzzed by Aliens.
Firstly they have no idea we are here,according to SETI, very few of our radio and tv transmissions will have escaped into space and although they travel at the speed of light they get weaker the further they go and will eventually get drowned out by the background electromatic radiation caused by the 'big bang'.
Okay so now we have space craft that have left the planet and now solar system, such as Voyager, are not that far out of our solar system
Then there is the small question of interstellar travel, being able to travel at the speed of light is one thing, but traveling such distances is another matter.
Why if there are such life forms do they not get in contact with us?
Why not land in Hyde Park?
I am not saying that the universe is devoid of life, just I don't beleive in UFO's
Any radio frequency above about 40 MHz will pass through the ionised layer surrounding the earth and continue forever into space unless it hits a solid object and gets reflected back or is scattered.

Voyager sends back pictures from several million miles away and it sure won’t have a super powerful transmitter like we have back on earth, yet we get the pictures. Some of our radio and TV transmitters are rated in mega watts feeding an omni directional aerial. Some of those radio waves will undoubtedly travel direct into space and some will get bounced off the earth and buildings and carry on into space. Whether anyone has picked them up and deciphered them is another matter. But then we pick up radio signals from outer space and so far haven’t been able to decipher them, if there is anything to decipher. If you built a VHF receiver that was able to pick up the AM frequencies you would ‘hear’ the silence of the carrier wave but not the sound modulating it. Mr A. Lien may not know about FM and AM so he won’t be able to decipher the signals and put them down to random radiation. Just like we do.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..