Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 20:23   #136
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Ukip

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
gruel ? and live up north
Yes Gruel! You ain't far enough north to be a porritchwog, so you get porritch light ..... gruel! Now shut up & eat up or some nasty politico will come & have it away from you, you ungrateful peasant!
Old 11-05-2013, 22:12   #137
Senior Member+

I like some of the stuff UKIP talk about

simplifying the tax system (combining tax and NI whch is a tax anyway).
Leaving the EU

I dont know about any of their other policies but what puts me of voting for them is the current voting system of first past the post which means where I live, Labour win regardless and all the other votes are wasted.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 22:17   #138
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I voted fer em in the locals last week, n will continue to do so, until the major parties take note of what those who vote fer em want, simple as. I dont think the other votes are wasted davo, if enough people vote UKIP, (They will not come to power) the other parties will be forced off the pot.
Guinness, BERNADETTE and claytonx like this.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:03   #139

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Thing is that the Labour party are believing their own spin doctors who are saying that all UKIP voters are former Tory voters. A simple cross section of people who post on this website would show this to be a fallacy.

Milliband still has his head firmly up his own rear, (he'll probably bump into the Jones boy if he pokes around a bit while he's there). On Wednesday as a commons vote on the 'disappointment that the possibility of a referendum wasn't mentioned in the queens speech' will be crushed by the bully boy tactics of this little plastic schoolboy and his gang of whip thugs. He spouts nonsense about Cameron not being able to control his party. Tell you what, it's Milliband thats showing his true colours here....he and his party are adamant that they will not bow to the general publics opinions, he and his party think they can trick the general public with platitudes about maybe, perhaps and who knows, we happenstance may not rule out a future referendum at some point, maybe, perhaps, in the future.

Anyone who votes for a party that treats its electorate like unthinking buffoons, that claims it knows best despite overwhelming evidence of the opposite.....is an absolute moron!

The Labour party are currently less democratic than Franco was, even the party slogan of 'One Nation'....'ein reich, ein volk' anyone????

I keep seeing posts about UKIP being a 'one trick pony'....the only 'one trick pony' is the current Labour party, their policy/manifesto is simple...whatever the Tories say, we'll say the exact opposite.

The media like to label people as left, right or central in their political views...thing is every single one of us has views that fall in each camp. Labels are so 20th century, only career politicians and lazy journalists use them. They use them so that they can describe the electorate and pigeon hole us according to their view of our values.

We are free thinkers, we can make judgements based on evidence and research, we can decide how our country should be run. We don't need platitudes, pigeon holes, red top scandals or spin. We have a voice and its need to be listened to.

The only way to make ourselves heard is to continue to give them bloody nose after bloody nose at the ballot box until they start to listen!
qwerty, cashman, jaysay and 2 others like this.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:10   #140
God Member

there you go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 190402_10151379911787411_1165514054_n (1).jpg (80.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12   #141
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
there you go
So
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:48   #142
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
there you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So

Don't be hard on the lad, that was a copy and paste of part B of his manifesto, now all is revealed.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
there you go
Which says absolutely begger all about what action Labour intends about stemming immigration. In fact yeh do em more harm than good n can't even see the fact.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:48   #144
God Member

the one thing labour voters who want out of the EU have to be wary of is that it may be possible that their local MP will say he will vote for what his supporters want to gain votes then crap on them at the very first opportunity once elected

i know its very unlikely to happen but if it did that MP would have to have some balls to try and get away with it twice

hence why i dont think any MP would be dumb enough to crap all over his constituants in the first place

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 13:52   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I like some of the stuff UKIP talk about

simplifying the tax system (combining tax and NI whch is a tax anyway).
Leaving the EU

I don't know about any of their other policies but what puts me off voting for them is the current voting system of first past the post which means where I live, Labour win regardless and all the other votes are wasted.
I quite agree. We had the chance to (start) making changes to our voting system with the AV referendum but bottled it when the big 2 campaigned against 'cos it would upset their cosy club. So if we really want some change the only option is to vote in huge numbers for an alternative. I will vote UKIP in future and hope we make an impact. (Wouldn't it be funny if Lab/Con decided THEY would like to change the voting system!)
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 19:07   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

I keep seeing posts about UKIP being a 'one trick pony'....the only 'one trick pony' is the current Labour party, their policy/manifesto is simple...whatever the Tories say, we'll say the exact opposite.
I ask again - How many Tory actions that Labour have loudly criticised, will they reverse if they get into power at the next Election? Perhaps one of our local politicians will answer as I can't see our MP doing so

I don't know if Mr Ed has stated which way his MPs will vote if there is a vote on the referendum this coming week - pretty certain that our MP will follow his leader and not his electorate.
Old 12-05-2013, 19:19   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post

I don't know if Mr Ed has stated which way his MPs will vote if there is a vote on the referendum this coming week - pretty certain that our MP will follow his leader and not his electorate.
graham jones has already voted against us having our democratic right to a referendum on the EU

merely a matter of weeks after saying he would vote in favour of our rights

im sure folk rmember that as i keep reminding them of what he did just incase

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 08:01   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I ask again - How many Tory actions that Labour have loudly criticised, will they reverse if they get into power at the next Election? Perhaps one of our local politicians will answer as I can't see our MP doing so

The simple answer is they won't Barrie, did they repeal trade union legislation, not a chance, infact underneath Labour support most things the Tories introduce but haven't the bottle to bring them in themselves at risk of cutting of their union financial backing altogether.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 09:18   #149
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The simple answer is they won't Barrie, did they repeal trade union legislation, not a chance, infact underneath Labour support most things the Tories introduce but haven't the bottle to bring them in themselves at risk of cutting of their union financial backing altogether.
Actually the simple answer has been given before, no such thing as the Labour Party anymore, only the new Tory party masquerading as new labour.
So of course this pile of she-ites won't overturn what is done by their parent party!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 09:26   #150
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

That is an interesting point, you should put up a poll on here for people who voted ukip to choose which party they usually vote for

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..