Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 14:08   #106
Super Moderator

Re: Ukip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In your case it could well have been a good idea, maybe then you would have been able to write something which was legible, instead of the illiterate grammar mistake riddled crap you submit on here, for gods sake down load a google tool bar with a spell check and do yourself a favour
Whoops, there goes another keyboard, covered in spluttered out coffee.
yerself, Eric and Restless like this.
Old 01-01-2013, 14:27   #107
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Whoops, there goes another keyboard, covered in spluttered out coffee.
It IS New Year, out with the old in with the new, saves cleaning biscuit crumbs from between the keys!
Wynonie Harris and Restless like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:21   #108
God Member

this is a turn up for the books ,it will upset you lol

UKIP/Labour coalition for 2015?
Posted: 5:03 PM, January 8, 2013 by Alan Wyllie

UKIP leader rules out coalition with Cameron ‘under any circumstances’

Nigel Farage has suggested that UKIP could form a coalition with Labour in return for an in/out referendum on Europe.

The leader of UKIP suggested that they could play a key role in deciding who governs Britain after the 2015 election.

And he ruled out coalition negotiations with David Cameron, who at the weekend described UKIP supporters as ‘pretty odd’.

There’s no way we could work with that man under any circumstances,’ Mr Farage said.

But he suggested a deal might be possible with Labour as long as the Labour leader pledges a referendum on EU membership.

Mr Farage yesterday suggested that a deal with Labour might be possible ‘if Jon Cruddas’s view prevails within the party’.
Old 08-01-2013, 18:35   #109
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Yeah, with Cameron, doesn't mean they won't wheedle an agreement with the Tory party under different leadership. Which seems quite feasible if Cameron carries on as he is, he ain't exactly flavour of the season is he ? Who knows big mad Boris may well get in there, seems he's being bandied about despite his arguments to the contrary.
Old 08-01-2013, 18:37   #110
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
it will upset you lol

Nope didn't upset me, nor did it make me do a superficial 'lol' that you seem so fond of.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:38   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
this is a turn up for the books ,it will upset you lol

UKIP/Labour coalition for 2015?
Posted: 5:03 PM, January 8, 2013 by Alan Wyllie

Nigel Farage has suggested that UKIP could form a coalition with Labour in return for an in/out referendum on Europe.

The leader of UKIP suggested that they could play a key role in deciding who governs Britain after the 2015 election.

And he ruled out coalition negotiations with David Cameron, who at the weekend described UKIP supporters as ‘pretty odd’.

There’s no way we could work with that man under any circumstances,’ Mr Farage said.

But he suggested a deal might be possible with Labour as long as the Labour leader pledges a referendum on EU membership.

Mr Farage yesterday suggested that a deal with Labour might be possible ‘if Jon Cruddas’s view prevails within the party’.
And you think Labour and UKIP would work, your more stupid than I thought, if that was ever possible
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:42   #112

I joined UKIP recently (never been a member of any party before) . I don't think UKIP will be in power (or coalition) in my lifetime but deserve to be recognised as representing the views of many voters on some contentious issues.
cashman likes this.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:39   #113
God Member

Quote:
And you think Labour and UKIP would work, your more stupid than I thought, if that was ever possible
thats what they said about the lib dems and tories first time. anything is possible. United Kingdom general election, 1918 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-01-2013, 22:54   #114
God Member

Quote:
to be fair it has to have a better chance than lib/con ,surely things cant get worse than this lot we have at the min

i only hope that if labour do ever get back in teh hynburn seat is no more so at least we wont have to suffer you know who

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:18   #115
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
to be fair it has to have a better chance than lib/con ,surely things cant get worse than this lot we have at the min

i only hope that if labour do ever get back in teh hynburn seat is no more so at least we wont have to suffer you know who
you know who is like a bad penny he'll always pop up somewhere
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
you know who is like a bad penny he'll always pop up somewhere
Who, PB?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:17   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Who, PB?

even worse...

which at one time you wouldnt have thought possible lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 22:33   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
this is a turn up for the books ,it will upset you lol .
Not really a turn up fer the books, But this will upset you Cmon.
Old 03-05-2013, 22:44   #119

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

And the platitudes begin..

Labour ..'our gains prove the public believe in One Nation, we don't have any real alternative, but hey, we won tons of seats'....
Translation...we got 30% of the vote...3 out of 10 want us and only 2 out of 10 want the tories, lets ignore the logic that 5 out of 10 don't want either of us'

Tories...'we're giving the people what they want, they just don't realise it yet, but they will by 2015'
Translation..'cor blimey guv, we've been rumbled, lets screw them for another year then lie to them in the 12 months leading up to the election'

Libdem..'we are still the 3rd party in lancashire because we have 6 seats from 6% of the vote'

Translation....erm, UKIP got 14% and no seats, guys maybe proportional representation aint the way to go after all'

You know they made smoking in pubs illegal, smacking your kids illegal, kicking terrorists out of the country illegal..yet they still manage to make a voting system where the majority are totally ignored legal
cashman likes this.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
And the platitudes begin..

Labour ..'our gains prove the public believe in One Nation, we don't have any real alternative, but hey, we won tons of seats'....
Translation...we got 30% of the vote...3 out of 10 want us and only 2 out of 10 want the tories, lets ignore the logic that 5 out of 10 don't want either of us'

Tories...'we're giving the people what they want, they just don't realise it yet, but they will by 2015'
Translation..'cor blimey guv, we've been rumbled, lets screw them for another year then lie to them in the 12 months leading up to the election'

Libdem..'we are still the 3rd party in lancashire because we have 6 seats from 6% of the vote'

Translation....erm, UKIP got 14% and no seats, guys maybe proportional representation aint the way to go after all'

You know they made smoking in pubs illegal, smacking your kids illegal, kicking terrorists out of the country illegal..yet they still manage to make a voting system where the majority are totally ignored legal
Now that there appears to be a viable alternative protest vote - UKIP, I now wish we did have proportional representation. Thought the interviewer of Clegg yesterday missed a wonderful question - "Do you ever expect the LibDems to be anything other than a party that latches on to Tory/Labour coat tails, and thereby acheives, through a form of bribery, a minor say in the ruling of the Country"?
Less and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..