Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48   #121
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Ukip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
"Do you ever expect the LibDems to be anything other than a party that latches on to Tory/Labour coat tails, and thereby acheives, through a form of bribery, a minor say in the ruling of the Country"?
Aye, they're the gimpy kid that wants to hang out with the big boys & the big boys let him only to amuse themselves & torment when they're bored. Utterly useless party, but the new kid on the block looks to be a different prospect.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10   #122
God Member

lol just spotted this on another site..

Quote:
Retired headteacher Philip Fawkes, who shared a common ancestor with the famous Gunpowder Plotter, won the South Waterside ward in Hampshire County Council for UKIP.
now theres a guy i woulda voted for just in the hope he finished his familys work
Guinness, Wynonie Harris and Eric like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:12   #123
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
And the platitudes begin..

Labour ..'our gains prove the public believe in One Nation, we don't have any real alternative, but hey, we won tons of seats'....
Translation...we got 30% of the vote...3 out of 10 want us and only 2 out of 10 want the tories, lets ignore the logic that 5 out of 10 don't want either of us'

Tories...'we're giving the people what they want, they just don't realise it yet, but they will by 2015'
Translation..'cor blimey guv, we've been rumbled, lets screw them for another year then lie to them in the 12 months leading up to the election'

Libdem..'we are still the 3rd party in lancashire because we have 6 seats from 6% of the vote'

Translation....erm, UKIP got 14% and no seats, guys maybe proportional representation aint the way to go after all'

You know they made smoking in pubs illegal, smacking your kids illegal, kicking terrorists out of the country illegal..yet they still manage to make a voting system where the majority are totally ignored legal
Its surprising that even when they're getting on in years and probably involved in politics too, people haven't sussed that the colour flying over town halls is usually the opposite to the one flying over Westminster, can't remember it being any different nor will it ever change
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14   #124
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Now that there appears to be a viable alternative protest vote - UKIP, I now wish we did have proportional representation. Thought the interviewer of Clegg yesterday missed a wonderful question - "Do you ever expect the LibDems to be anything other than a party that latches on to Tory/Labour coat tails, and thereby acheives, through a form of bribery, a minor say in the ruling of the Country"?
The only gains in Thursdays poll was that new party who won countless councils that new party is NOC
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its surprising that even when they're getting on in years and probably involved in politics too, people haven't sussed that the colour flying over town halls is usually the opposite to the one flying over Westminster, can't remember it being any different nor will it ever change
yer quite correct its as though any elected council is a protest council

so labour council you may be feeling popular with the people of hyndburn right now but in reality your only there because the torys are screwing up so bad and vice versa when torys are in power lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The only gains in Thursdays poll was that new party who won countless councils that new party is NOC
Its the underlying threat from Thursdays vote, But yeh seem as bad as cmon at not grasping it.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:48   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its the underlying threat from Thursdays vote, But yeh seem as bad as cmon at not grasping it.
Cashy I've seen it all before, it used to be the Liberals then the Lib/dems, now UKIP, at a general election they won't get anywhere near the 24% they got on Thursday, believe me, I'll bet you a penny stick of spanish
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49   #128
I am Banned

Hey AND the Dingles final got rid of the BNP something is afoot across there. *chuckle*
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Cashy I've seen it all before, it used to be the Liberals then the Lib/dems, now UKIP, at a general election they won't get anywhere near the 24% they got on Thursday, believe me, I'll bet you a penny stick of spanish
Oh but i reckon they will actually get as many,if not more, so Raise yeh some kali? What yer not taking into account,in the past people used to believe the main parties.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh but i reckon they will actually get as many,if not more, so Raise yeh some kali?
Your on Pal
Old 04-05-2013, 19:43   #131

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Despite the evidence of the polls in Lancashire that 5 out of 10 people (of the 3 out of 10 people that actual voted in this unfair and outdated electoral system) do not want either Labour or Tory anywhere near our county council...here's the official Labour self serving smug gloat!

I could swear there were at least 10 people cheering these disproportionate victories.

Unfortunately, Jones and his cronies will continue to crow like this because the voting system is so heavily weighted against the ordinary man in the street. Things have to change, they fudged the proportional representation referendum by making it so complex that nobody in their right mind would vote for it and pushed the idea back 20 years. (Mark my words they will do the same with the EU referendum).
Old 04-05-2013, 19:58   #132
God Member

if its one person one vote then the winner should be who gets the most votes

i dont see how that can be made more simple

all anything else does is defeat the idea of 1 person 1 vote

mind you as soon as any party gets in within 2 years they chop and change boundaries etc

this current lot want to abolish hyndburn alltogether which until we get a different MP is as good as done anyway because he sure as hell isnt representing us when it comes to the EU and ensuring we get our democratic rights

Last edited by accyman; 04-05-2013 at 20:02.
Old 04-05-2013, 20:10   #133
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ensuring we get our democratic rights
Your democratic rights my friend are what your (supposed) political betters decide they are! Now shut up in the cheap seats & finish your gruel!
Old 04-05-2013, 20:14   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Your democratic rights my friend are what your (supposed) political betters decide they are! Now shut up in the cheap seats & finish your gruel!

gruel ?

ill have you know i am a british citizen born and bred,white and live up north

how dare you insinuate i can afford gruel

Old 04-05-2013, 20:19   #135

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
gruel ?

ill have you know i am a british citizen born and bred,white and live up north

how dare you insinuate i can afford gruel
Gruel...Gruel!!! Luxury lad, luxury

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..