Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2012, 07:41   #1
Senior Member+

Ukip

Ridiculous story of the week.

BBC News - UKIP couple have foster children removed from care

Might I suggest that the focus of this story should NOT be on UKIP, but should rather be on the loony political cultures that exist in Council Social Services Departments?

Last edited by gynn; 24-11-2012 at 07:50.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2012, 09:08   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ukip

Completely nuts, yet don't really shock me, The decision is so out of touch with what i reckon other people think, This is another cast iron reason fer folk to vote UKIP.
Old 24-11-2012, 09:33   #3

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Absolutely outrageous!

Problem with Social Services across the country is that they make it up as they go along and appear to be answerable to no-one but themselves.

One trick pony or not, they have my vote next time if they field a candidate.
Old 24-11-2012, 09:43   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Absolutely outrageous!

Problem with Social Services across the country is that they make it up as they go along and appear to be answerable to no-one but themselves.

One trick pony or not, they have my vote next time if they field a candidate.
I do hope our elected representatives both local and in Parliament, pay attention to the reactions of common folk to this.
They are going to have to work hard to get re-elected if this is the sort of thing they are willing to have happen to members of a legal political party.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 09:49   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I do hope our elected representatives both local and in Parliament, pay attention to the reactions of common folk to this.
They are going to have to work hard to get re-elected if this is the sort of thing they are willing to have happen to members of a legal political party.
I would hope so also, but somehow i doubt very much if it will be the case.
Old 24-11-2012, 18:50   #6
God Member

More than a little crazy. The couple were caring for kids for chrissake.

"Racism" seems like a word that is tossed around a lot over there. Even refs are getting undeserved flack. Sure there is racism in the world ... millions of yanks, for example, still look at President Obama and see nothing more than a nigger. But it is insane pc - ism to see Nazi style racism in almost everything that white Britons do in order to save a national identity built up over centuries. There is no reason whatsoever that immigrant minorities cannot become part of this tradition. It's the ones that take advantage of Britain, at the same time as they damn it, that are the problem. And I think that the saving of this national heritage is what the Ukip is primarily about. (Canada, for example, and Australia, New Zealand ... even the yanks have based their societies on what was created in England.) And voters' turning to this party in large numbers suggests that a lot of reasonable Brits (and, of course, some unreasonable ones) support its platform.

I didn't mention the EU ... that's a whole 'nother ball game.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 00:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

of course he will pay attention

he needs to so he can prommise to deliver what the majority want then do the absolute opposite

ps:

lay of the scrap metal theft issue for gods sake graham.I left a cooker out for the council over a week ago an dits still there.Normally the nice gypsie folk would have taken it long before the council ever got to it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 00:18   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Even refs are getting undeserved flack.
i find it gauling that a ref be accused of racism after decades of been called blind and enquiries as to who the bastard in the black is by thousands of people every weekend

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-11-2012, 13:25   #9
Super Moderator

OK, it was a low turn out but it's a sign that perhaps the political landscape is altering. Better wake up, Tories and Labour, they're coming for your votes!

Ukip takes second place in by-elections - Telegraph

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 30-11-2012 at 13:27.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 13:32   #10
Resting In Peace

World's gone mad.
Old 30-11-2012, 13:44   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindashanks2 View Post
World's gone mad.
Don't know about the world, but there's certainly plenty of insanity in Brussels! That's why the major parties are terrified of letting us plebs have a vote on it in the form of referendum.
Old 30-11-2012, 14:03   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't know about the world, but there's certainly plenty of insanity in Brussels! That's why the major parties are terrified of letting us plebs have a vote on it in the form of referendum.
You owe me 5% of a like, only 95% of me can be bothered to agree with you.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 14:57   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is now,i reckon, even less people will now see a vote fer U.K.I.P. as a wasted vote, The time fer the big 3 to get off the pot is drawing nearer imho.
Old 30-11-2012, 18:06   #14
God Member

i wouldnt even say there was a big 3

Lib dems are more like a bit of poop that just wont let go but with a little shake will end up in the crapper all the same after their alliance with the tory's

heard on the news today that councils are been forced to make further cuts and many jobs will be lost.A local councilor also said services will be seriously effected

so in short the people of this country regardless of race or colour will have to go without just so we can keep providing for europes unwanted,keep terrorists in luxury and support countries like greece

were in it together

pahh the only thing camerons lost is his daughter in a pub

Old 30-11-2012, 18:28   #15
Full Member+

One thing is guaranteed come the next General Election, UKIP will vastly outnumber the Liberal Democrats at Westminster. I may even chance a vote myself!!!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..