Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 01:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

some chat rooms have boot option where other users can put a boot next to the persons name, if they get 3 then they are removed from the room.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 01:16   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
some chat rooms have boot option where other users can put a boot next to the persons name, if they get 3 then they are removed from the room.
I can guarantee that would be abused.
Old 29-03-2008, 01:16   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
The chat room or the forum cyfr???
The chat room. The forum is stored on the server so it's easy to remove things.
Old 29-03-2008, 01:17   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
that would probably be misused.
Old 29-03-2008, 01:19   #20

why would you remove whats posted in chat cyfr????

If it was clear what the rules were there would be no need would there?

Also the chat screens can be cleared on other chat rooms so all chat history diapears, at the control of a moderator!

if you look on the bottom bar in chat u can clear your screen other chats it can be cleared by the moderators on everyones screen!
Old 29-03-2008, 04:13   #21
Roy
Administrator

If your having problems in chat, then leave the chatroom. If anyone insults you and it annoys you, then leave the chatroom. If anyone offends you, then leave the chatroom. It is your choice to be in the chatroom and nobody is making you stay.

Hows that for a set of rules?

Even if there were rules, who is going to make sure they are followed? Do you expect someone to moderate the chatroom 24/7?
We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Our chatroom provides the facility for ANYONE to create a private room with password access. If the main lobby is to scary for you, then perhaps a private room with your friends will be a solution?

Last edited by Roy; 29-03-2008 at 04:20.
Old 29-03-2008, 04:53   #22
God Member

I wish I could be so lucky , I have tried and tried again to get into the chat room , cleaned "java' from my PC and reloaded the 'old' version (as recomended in other threads) only to have the pop-up say 'new -version required ' without any luck , would be interested to know if any other "non UK " users of Accy web have the same problem .

re.. freedom of speach issue ........total bulc**P, publish and be dammed
Old 29-03-2008, 06:47   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
If your having problems in chat, then leave the chatroom. If anyone insults you and it annoys you, then leave the chatroom. If anyone offends you, then leave the chatroom. It is your choice to be in the chatroom and nobody is making you stay.

Even if there were rules, who is going to make sure they are followed? Do you expect someone to moderate the chatroom 24/7?
We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Our chatroom provides the facility for ANYONE to create a private room with password access. If the main lobby is to scary for you, then perhaps a private room with your friends will be a solution?

makes sense to me, i do
Old 29-03-2008, 08:48   #24
Resting in Peace

Chat Room What Chat Room
Old 29-03-2008, 09:10   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I wish I could be so lucky , I have tried and tried again to get into the chat room , cleaned "java' from my PC and reloaded the 'old' version (as recomended in other threads) only to have the pop-up say 'new -version required ' without any luck , would be interested to know if any other "non UK " users of Accy web have the same problem .

re.. freedom of speach issue ........total bulc**P, publish and be dammed
I don't have a problem now. But when I was using Vista I did. Now that I junked that piece of s**t, I don't seem to have a problem ... other than the time difference.
Old 29-03-2008, 10:41   #26
Give, give, give member

Well Roy seems to have made his point very clearly.

I hope it doesn't upset the Troll's teaparty too much.

By the way, it was a real laugh in there last night.

Though the sound effects apparently kept frightening Slinky's dog, which may have been the reason he kept farting so much.

Last edited by garinda; 29-03-2008 at 10:43.
Old 29-03-2008, 11:39   #27
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Un Moderated CHAT

There you are, everyone. God has spoken.

Very clearly worded, Royski. There shouldn't be any more confusion.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 29-03-2008, 12:06   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post

We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Spot on Roy!!

Last night we used the Private Chatroom with En-suite Password Oh It's luxury in there.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 29-03-2008, 12:10   #29

To be honest I think its bloody pathetic that we cant act like mature adults and have a respect for other people whilst in chat.

At the end of the day, the majority of people on chat are also communicating with other people on msn or whatever so why ppl havent got the sense to use that to put any potentially offensive or sensitive chat, whilst keeping the official chat room chat to a norm is a wonder to me.

I have a feeling that its a attention seeking thing. Kinda like my 3 year old does. Nuff said
Old 29-03-2008, 12:22   #30

And i think the passworded room is a bit harsh to those just joining or just wanting decent chat. I know that the members that have been on accy web for a while mostly have the password, but what of those who just go in every nowand then, or can be trusted to have a decent chat?

If you dont have the password its just the same as being told you cant be trusted to have a civil conversation
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..