Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 13:04   #46
God Member

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

I think people are forgetting that the chatroom isn't just accessible to adults so there should not even be a presumption that everyone will act like adults in there.
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2008, 13:11   #47
God Member

yeah but passworded chat rooms arent available to just anyone, therefore ANYTHING can be said in them

Last edited by flashy; 29-03-2008 at 13:13.
Old 29-03-2008, 13:14   #48

Smile Re: Un Moderated CHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
If your having problems in chat, then leave the chatroom. If anyone insults you and it annoys you, then leave the chatroom. If anyone offends you, then leave the chatroom. It is your choice to be in the chatroom and nobody is making you stay.

Hows that for a set of rules?

Even if there were rules, who is going to make sure they are followed? Do you expect someone to moderate the chatroom 24/7?
We cannot do that.
We will not do that
I do see what you are saying Roy *If you Dont Like it Dont Go In" and i cant agree more with that, but there have been some pretty nasty things being said in there and at times the whole room may have been offended! Is it fair? I dont think so.

We also last night had a 15/16 year old lad in the room at 12am! What if sometthing was said that offended them (Im not saying it was) then they go to the police? or the local council and complain about the chat room?
Personally im looking at this from the sites point of view, im not spittting my dummy as someone said im jus asking for clarification on what the law behind all this says??

I dont want prosecuting my the "Internet Police" for my behaviour in a an un moderated chat room, im asking for someone to provede me with information on where the law stands with this sort of chat room! So im then in a position myself just like others of the site to understand whats acceptable in the laws eyes and what is not.

Im not stirring up a fight or trying to cause any trouble im trying to protect myself and IMO thats fair.

I like the chatroom in here have met some fantastic people and we have a great laugh, it would be a shame if things were to get any worse than they already have in there.

IMO last night there was a DIVIDE! some people in and others in another room then people came back in "Chat Lobby" from "B C " there became the "SPY! Opinions" and people stopped talking cause they felt like some kind consiracy was happening. This is a community site foor community prople lets all try keep it that way! Its getting sad, sorry, and childish. I like coming here and dont want to see a "Divide in the Community"

Come on ACCYWEB were sronger than that!!!

Last edited by Reidy; 29-03-2008 at 13:16.
Old 29-03-2008, 13:15   #49
God Member

Reidy you havent got a brother called Gareth have you?
Old 29-03-2008, 13:18   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Reidy you havent got a brother called Gareth have you?

Nope sorry!
Old 29-03-2008, 13:44   #51
God Member

Slinky your spot on I dont recall ever having probs in chat in all the time ive been here . and yes last night was like the old days , absolutely brilliant and funny . a pleasure to be part of it. Garinda had us in stitches.

When i was offended in the chat room the other night i left immediately along with several others, So yes Roy your spot on too if it offends " leave "

Reidy you are aware of why another chat room has been set up and as for the youngster being in there so late well if he,d have been in the other room no way on earth would he have been offended by anyone hence no cause for problems , I do agree though it is sad that there has to be a divide because the majority of who use chat do get along .
Old 29-03-2008, 14:42   #52
Senior Member+

Seeing as i am the 16 yr old lad who was in the chat room at 12am, i personally wouldnt complain as at the end of the day there is a function to leave the room if you do not like anything being said. Also as for the perhaps he hasnt heard of this etc. i have heard it all before.
Old 29-03-2008, 14:44   #53
Senior Member+

Nick, no-one was having a go at you hun, we enjoyed having you there. even if you did talk about F1! grrrrrrr

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-03-2008, 14:48   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Garinda had us in stitches.
Sorry about that.

If I think your gash is healing nicely, I'll take the stitches out sometime over the weekend.

I've no idea what has been going on in the chatroom, and I've no great desire to find out, but I can hazard a guess at who's behind it all.

I was in both rooms last night, and had a pleasant time, and a laugh in both.

Old 29-03-2008, 14:55   #55
God Member

Garinda... If I think your gash is healing nicely, I'll take the stitches out sometime over the weekend.

Please promise not to pull to hard I wanna be ship shape for the awards night
Old 29-03-2008, 14:58   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Slinky your spot on I dont recall ever having probs in chat in all the time ive been here . and yes last night was like the old days , absolutely brilliant and funny . a pleasure to be part of it. Garinda had us in stitches.

When i was offended in the chat room the other night i left immediately along with several others, So yes Roy your spot on too if it offends " leave "

Reidy you are aware of why another chat room has been set up and as for the youngster being in there so late well if he,d have been in the other room no way on earth would he have been offended by anyone hence no cause for problems , I do agree though it is sad that there has to be a divide because the majority of who use chat do get along .
Yeah i understand the divide, i can see why it happened. Im not saying i agree, and young nick wasnt offended (as im aware) we chatted about F1 lol and other man realted rubish lol

Shame its becoming like this
Old 29-03-2008, 15:03   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
Yeah i understand the divide, i can see why it happened. Im not saying i agree, and young nick wasnt offended (as im aware) we chatted about F1 lol and other man realted rubish lol

Shame its becoming like this

Nope i wasnt offended .
Old 29-03-2008, 15:06   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Nope i wasnt offended .

...and weren't being 'groomed', as some people have stupidly suggested is the case in there?

That's ok then.

Old 29-03-2008, 15:37   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and weren't being 'groomed', as some people have stupidly suggested is the case in there?

Who suggested that? I aint heard and have not seen that anywhere???

Blazey stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Being a family forum you would expect the chat rooms to be moderated for the safety of children who may be targetted on them... yet they aren't.

The chatroom just isn't safe for kids. I myself reported a pervert in the chatroom before, so it's not a case of it just not happening.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
That's not the best way when minors are being groomed by paedophiles though is it, and this is a family forum so that risk shouldn't be being taken. There isn't even a profanity filter.
She says she reported a pervert but did not say that that is what is happening that "children are being groomed" Or did i read it wrong???
Nope! I read it how it is!!!.
Old 29-03-2008, 15:43   #60

Could have sworn Garinda stated 'suggested'. Same as 'implied'

Or are we all gonna start on peoples use of the english language now???
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..