Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2008, 19:32   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Underappreciated highlights of our towns

Good ones those, the canal and the viaduct .. yes, we are lucky to have those.

I appreciate being able to start up a conversation with a total stranger, and they respond without any sort of prejudice.

Of course, the Coppice, how many towns have this facility to view the whole of Hyndburn from a viewing point such as this.

Believe it or not, I appreciate our Town Councillors, well, someone has to do it, and take the knocks they come across every day ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2008, 19:53   #17
God Member

I guess I lucked out. Kingston is a beautiful little city, perfectly located almost halfway between Montreal and Toronto, with Ottawa only an hour and a half away. Troulble is, when one lives here one doesn't appreciate it as one should. People travel thousands of kms to see our city, the lake, the Thousand Islands, the beautiful old limestone buildings, great shops, bars and restuarants. But once you begin to take it all for granted, it just becomes a place to live. Still, all in all, I'm glad I live here.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 20:38   #18
Caz
God Member

Quote:
But Less, it is the man himself that is what makes the service good, his personality is what makes it a pleasure to get on.
Blazey... is this the same guy that puts the deccies up at Xmas?
Agree they are pokey and grubby, but cheaper too, but assume they are safe, and get on one if they are in.
Would also agree that some on the trans dev service can be abrupt. came accross one the other day. Suppose there are annoying drivers on all services though.

One of my faves used to be the scottish guy who used to do the merlin drive pilky's service a couple of years ago, he was a laugh and cheered you up.
But you can't beat "henlegs"... Frank. Is he still on the buses? Don't catch buses often these days. Remember him going back to the 60s, lol

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 21:11   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Blazey... is this the same guy that puts the deccies up at Xmas?
Agree they are pokey and grubby, but cheaper too, but assume they are safe, and get on one if they are in.
Would also agree that some on the trans dev service can be abrupt. came accross one the other day. Suppose there are annoying drivers on all services though.

One of my faves used to be the scottish guy who used to do the merlin drive pilky's service a couple of years ago, he was a laugh and cheered you up.
But you can't beat "henlegs"... Frank. Is he still on the buses? Don't catch buses often these days. Remember him going back to the 60s, lol
Actually, the M&M bus cost me 10p more than the trans dev one, but it DID drop me off outside my house rather than the bottom of new lane so at least I saved some energy!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 21:39   #20
Caz
God Member

I was talking about the same route along Blackburn road, to Church, It was cheaper than Trans Dev last time I used it.

Was it the Xmas deccies guy by the way?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 23:25   #21
Resident Waffler

Not quite the subject but I did appreciate two very courteous drivers today who stopped at busy crossroads to let me cross the road. Others just seem to totally disregard pedestrians.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 09:02   #22
Super Moderator

I could name the most underappreciated highlight of our town of all...but I won't, because I know MargaretR and Katex would be down on me like a ton of bricks!
Old 20-09-2008, 09:04   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I could name the most underappreciated highlight of our town of all...but I won't, because I know MargaretR and Katex would be down on me like a ton of bricks!
Puzzled - but bricks ready

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 09:07   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Puzzled - but bricks ready
Sorry, Margaret, not allowed to mention it on here.
Old 20-09-2008, 09:12   #25
God Member

Quote:
Sorry, Margaret, not allowed to mention it on here.
Despatched south- (for having naughty thoughts)
Attached Images
File Type: gif bad_idea.gif (58.9 KB, 9 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 09:17   #26
Super Moderator

No, it's nothing like that...it's a "facility" that dozens of towns around the country would give their eye teeth to have...but one that's only appreciated by around a thousand or so people around Accy.

Ow! that brick hurt...and it was a Nori, too!
Old 20-09-2008, 09:19   #27
God Member

Quote:
No, it's nothing like that...it's a "facility" that dozens of towns around the country would give their eye teeth to have...but one that's only appreciated by around a thousand or so people around Accy.

Ow! that brick hurt...and it was a Nori, too!

asda ?
Old 20-09-2008, 09:22   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
asda ?
If only it was so well patronised!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..