Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2008, 21:38   #16
God Member

Re: Unidentified bleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It is a bit lowered pitched than that.
When it is a double bleep it is more like a car key fob
(which I dont have - and there are no parked cars nearby other than mine)
your not sitting dopwn on a calculator or anything that has buttons that could beep are you lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2008, 18:57   #17
God Member

If you are having trouble tracking it down, try asking the voices in your head
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 19:53   #18
God Member

Margaret....are you still getting the bleep or has it gone?
You've had me looking to the sky for aliens.
If you see a flying poncake let us know.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 20:04   #19
God Member

The double bleep has stopped but the single bleep continues.
I recharged my mobile phone - it wasn't that.
I sit at my pc in the middle of one side of my lounge - I hear it from both left and right.

I am wondering now that it might be the base for my radio phone on the left AND my fridge in the kitchen on my right - but it happens more on the left (phone location)

I think the chap in the flat below me has recently got internet access by using a dongle
(I heard the intro to IPlayer) He said he was considering it a while back.

For you radio techies - could his dongle interfere with my radio phone?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 08:40   #20
God Member

do you mean a cordless phone? suppose it is possible but would have thought it was too far away to interfere with it, if i put my mobile near our cordless phone it makes it bleep about every 10 mins but they have to be very near to each other to do it
Posted via Mobile Device
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 09:14   #21
Resting in Peace

Last night I was laid on my bed about 7pm when I heard what Thought was a siren going of, I hit the mute on the TV, went to the window looked out nobody staring at all this went on for have an hour and was get on my nerves, went to the window again but opened it this time, but the noise wasn't coming from outside, so I started walking round listening, I found the culprit, I'd accidentally switched my phone on and it had started buzzing to tell me it was off the hook
Old 29-11-2008, 09:24   #22
God Member

I am beginning to think that my cordless landline phone is the bleeper.
I have a corded phone stored in the sideboard (I think), so sometime today I will unplug the cordless phone and see what happens, or doesn't happen

Old 29-11-2008, 10:51   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am beginning to think that my cordless landline phone is the bleeper.
I have a corded phone stored in the sideboard (I think), so sometime today I will unplug the cordless phone and see what happens, or doesn't happen
Think you may have sorted it Margaret, when a cordless phone's battery is coming to the end of is useful life it does beep, I know I changed mine a couple of months ago for that reason. I could have bought a new battery, but the phone was around 10 years old and I'd already had one replacement battery so I thought I'd up date
Old 29-11-2008, 14:16   #24

I'm fed up now. I wanted it to be the phantom door knockers and bell ringers. I like a spooky story!
Lynne x
Old 30-11-2008, 00:32   #25

It may still turn into a spooky story. It's a bit like "Poltergeist", except instead of the TV being off and unplugged, Margaret's 'phone battery is completely dead, and the beeping is caused by dead northern spirits because the phone line conduit ran through the last resting place of the hordes who starved during the Lancashire Hot Pot blight of 1783.

Perhaps.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 00:47   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

funny we are having a bleeping sporadically fer about 3 days now, couldn't figure out what it was at first, cos it was 2/3 occasional bleeps, paris figured it after about 24 hrs, twas the pigging smoke detector at the top of stairwell.
Old 30-11-2008, 09:55   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
It may still turn into a spooky story. It's a bit like "Poltergeist", except instead of the TV being off and unplugged, Margaret's 'phone battery is completely dead, and the beeping is caused by dead northern spirits because the phone line conduit ran through the last resting place of the hordes who starved during the Lancashire Hot Pot blight of 1783.

Perhaps.
Talking about spooky things I couldn't sleep last night and watched Quatermass and the Pit, them poor sods at Hobs End were really spookd out
Old 30-11-2008, 12:33   #28

Have you got a burglar alarm on your flat if so have you got a back up battery if you have that will bleep when it needs a new one similar to a smoke alarm battery .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 14:59   #29

Our cordless DECT phone beeps all the time, just goes off for no reason.

We have got used to it now, I'm not going to waste any effort on fixing it because at some point its being thrown out of the window in a fit of rage when it cuts us off again.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:24   #30
God Member

Further developments-
I disconnected the cordless radio phone and replaced it with a 'normal' phone but the bleeps continued.
The double bleep returned, and I traced that to be my spare PC which (I think) was 'asking' to be updated, because I hadn't switched it on for 2 months.
Now I have installed updates on it, that double bleep has stopped.
I still have one unidentified single tone bleep - it may be the fridge freezer - the only item that hasn't been unplugged for test purposes.
I will now try to find the instruction book for it, to see if a bleep is mentioned in it.
Meanwhile the problem has been halved and I can live with that.
Thanks for your suggestions

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..