Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2010, 19:07   #1
Full Member+

Thumbs down Unions flexing their muscles again

One can't help but notice that the Labour supporting Unions are once again demonstrating their intrinsic lack of interest in public opinion in being led like sheep into strike situations by a couple of loud-mouthed bigots whose evident self-interest has no place in modern society. No matter what the cause, for them to disrupt the business and holiday plans of thousands is nothing short of disgraceful.

Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2010, 19:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Unions flexing their muscles again

No doubt these Union leaders hope to somehow bring about a Labour victory and GB will give them a Peerage so that they can get onto a bigger gravy train. I am sure that their present salaries are higher than those of any of the people they represent.
Old 20-03-2010, 20:49   #3
God Member

the unions are not striking for nothing british airways wants and its cronies wants the strikes to try and sway public opinion so it can do what it wants, who else offered to take a 2 and a half percent paycut you dont read this in the murdoch press..these are people with mortgages and bills to pay like everybody else,and wouldnt take striking lightley anybody that criticises should read the full facts first..
Old 20-03-2010, 20:56   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

No fact's, no figures, just an example of mindless union bashing, I have never thought strikes where of any practical use to companies or members of a union but without links to prove your thoughts, both of you have wasted space on the server, with mindless prejudice.

No doubt sometime in the past you both have family members that fought for the right not to be oppressed by selfish factory owners.

You're relatives aren't lying peacefully in their graves, in fact you probably can both be traced back to poor old 'spinning Jenny' who was one of the people that made sacrifices to make life better for her families future.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 21:19   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No fact's, no figures, just an example of mindless union bashing, I have never thought strikes where of any practical use to companies or members of a union but without links to prove your thoughts, both of you have wasted space on the server, with mindless prejudice.

No doubt sometime in the past you both have family members that fought for the right not to be oppressed by selfish factory owners.

You're relatives aren't lying peacefully in their graves, in fact you probably can both be traced back to poor old 'spinning Jenny' who was one of the people that made sacrifices to make life better for her families future.

I would never expect anything less from people of a certain mindset Less, who in the main care nowt about owt but their own selfish ways.
Old 20-03-2010, 21:37   #6
Senior Member+

I dont know many within the travel industry that has sympathy with the (Heathrow) BA strike!!...ask their colleagues at Gatwick!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 21:43   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I dont know many within the travel industry that has sympathy with the (Heathrow) BA strike!!...ask their colleagues at Gatwick!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
I don't know any involved in the dispute from either side of the bed, but if I was to give an opinion knocking folk, I would back such thoughts with facts & links, not personal prejudice.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 21:59   #8
God Member

so why did ba take their offer off the table.political meandering i thinks..
Old 20-03-2010, 22:01   #9
JFT96

Not going to be drawn into the battle on this one, I have my own opinion of BASSA and this strike, much the same as most crew in the world.
However if you are interested:
http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/404...ons-mk-vi.html

and

BA Strike - Your thoughts & rants - PPRuNe Forums

from Pprune, a aviation forum I am part of, will help give you a better insight, than what the media say. And more likely more of the truth. Be warned there is a awful lot of reading there

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 22:05   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
No doubt these Union leaders hope to somehow bring about a Labour victory and GB will give them a Peerage
'British prime minister Gordon Brown has condemned the strike, saying it is in no-one's interest.'
Airline strike fails to halt BA - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

That event seems highly unlikely.

I'm sure the government are spitting feathers, that there are two major strikes planned, so close to an election.

You don't see many trollrey dollies in donkey jackets.

Perhaps the Union has been infiltrated by Tories, out to cause mischief.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 22:06   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I don't know any involved in the dispute from either side of the bed, but if I was to give an opinion knocking folk, I would back such thoughts with facts & links, not personal prejudice.
Since when does an opinion become a personal prejudice?? Who am i knocking??...I'm stating my valid opinion!..The staff at Gatwick are on far less beneficial terms than those at Heathrow which is why support from that area has not been wholehearted. I dont hear any calls from Heathrow saying how unfair people in the other hub have been treated! Why has the unite union been happy to see such large pay differentials established within the same company? Their terms and conditions of employment have been far better than others within the industry for a long time. Seems to me BA are attempting to level the playing field. Or perhaps its the likes of Ryanair, Easyjet and Virgin who are getting it all so badly wrong.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 22:07   #12
God Member

Was pretty appalled that Brown refused to support BA staff who wanted to work over the weekend. I wasn't shocked, as it's quite clear the unions have Brown in their pockets as he'd have no money to fight the election without them.

All some staff want to do is work to keep the company afloat and prevent it going under by keeping the planes flying and reliable so customers return to BA.
Old 20-03-2010, 22:07   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Not going to be drawn into the battle on this one, I have my own opinion of BASSA and this strike, much the same as most crew in the world.
However if you are interested:
British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI - PPRuNe Forums

and

BA Strike - Your thoughts & rants - PPRuNe Forums

from Pprune, a aviation forum I am part of, will help give you a better insight, than what the media say. And more likely more of the truth. Be warned there is a awful lot of reading there
Give us a concise version.

As a pilot.

For, or against?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 22:08   #14
Senior Member+

Sorry to step in.

If I was a shareholder I would want Willy Walsh sacked.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 22:19   #15
God Member

yep hes got his fingers in a lot of pies..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..