Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2011, 22:14   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Untidy Hyndburn - Please Post Your Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Unless people happen to say they've paid £16.00 for a lunch for two. After admitting they'd over ordered. Not knowing how substantial the dishes were.

Then you see that 'Some people appear to have too much disposable income', and label a still hard working pensioner, and her disabled child as having "More money than sense".

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...y-46638-2.html

Yes, Garinda, was the one remark I regretted. Again, why do you keep bringing this up after I had the decency to make a public apology for it !!!
Will you never forgive ????
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2011, 22:21   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Doubt very much if he aint forgiven yeh Kate, yeh left yerself wide open by saying "Never"
Old 28-06-2011, 22:34   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, Garinda, was the one remark I regretted. Again, why do you keep bringing this up after I had the decency to make a public apology for it !!!
Will you never forgive ????
Nothing to forgive.

Though I publicly did.

You gave your opinions.

I disagreed.

Just pointing out a contradiction.

Sometimes you 'do see the worst in what people say'.

As well as an innocent and sweet nature, I'm also blessed with a great memory, so can produce further examples to back this up, if needed.

Just take this as a gentle teasing.

As it seem I, and others, certainly didn't read Ken's post as him not 'knowing how he had the arrogance to say it'.

It always tickles me that people who sometimes decide to share their strongly worded views, then act all suprised when people offer something similar back.

If you're going to play with matches, don't bee too suprised if occasionally you sometimes get burnt.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 22:38   #109
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Doubt very much if he aint forgiven yeh Kate, yeh left yerself wide open by saying "Never"
Exactly.

It was the word never, heavy type, that sent my mind whizzing back, to see if this is always the case.

Old 29-06-2011, 06:05   #110
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Been up for a quick visit to the Holy City today. Very enjoyable apart from the low lives sat in front of the market hall shouting, swearing and making life unpleasant for everyone. But sadly, nothing's going to change as long as the councillors of the ruling party keep their heads stuck firmly in the sand...

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
That must be a police matter and not one for the Council.

All the Councillors can do is request the police move these people on - is it disturbing the peace?
Old 29-06-2011, 07:19   #111
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

All the Councillors can do is request the police move these people on - is it disturbing the peace?
True.

But perhaps councillors could be looking as why this is happening, to a much greater extent, than in any other northwest town of a comparable size.

Seems for some there's blindness as to the cause.

Old 29-06-2011, 08:05   #112
Super Moderator

Quote:

The council should be considering a no-alcohol zone in the town centre. It's in force in many other places like Manchester, so why not Accy?

The council should also be liaising with the police about ways to make the centre a less welcoming place for these low lives - prosecutions for public order offences, persistent begging etc.

As Gary says, there's a particular problem here. The continuing silence from councillors is nothing short of disgraceful.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:08   #113
God Member

Quote:

At what point does the Market Hall land become public pavement ? I reckon if you set up a stall there you would be classed as part of the Market.

Easiest solution is to shift the benches ( and it's occupants ) on to the strip of road just outside the Town Hall
Old 29-06-2011, 08:41   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
At what point does the Market Hall land become public pavement ? I reckon if you set up a stall there you would be classed as part of the Market.

Easiest solution is to shift the benches ( and it's occupants ) on to the strip of road just outside the Town Hall
Or go the whole hog and open the Council Chamber
Old 29-06-2011, 08:44   #115
Common Sense Member

Quote:

The council should be considering a no-alcohol zone in the town centre. It's in force in many other places like Manchester, so why not Accy?

The council should also be liaising with the police about ways to make the centre a less welcoming place for these low lives - prosecutions for public order offences, persistent begging etc.

As Gary says, there's a particular problem here. The continuing silence from councillors is nothing short of disgraceful.
You can let it drop now, Steve. I've already said that I've never been exposed to any behaviour like that in Accy but I'm not saying it doesn't go on, I simply haven't been aware of it.

I'll bring it up with the other councillors.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:16   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
You can let it drop now, Steve. I've already said that I've never been exposed to any behaviour like that in Accy but I'm not saying it doesn't go on, I simply haven't been aware of it.

If it doesn't happen in Rishton it doesn't happen
Old 29-06-2011, 09:23   #117
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

I'll be the judge of when I'm going to "let it drop", Ken.

When you do talk to the other councillors, are you going to come back here and tell us what they said, as the Accyweb Labour councillors all appear to have lost their tongues on this subject?
Old 29-06-2011, 09:36   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I thought there was one in force already, Wynonie, since 2002 ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:41   #119
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is there, Kate? Well, thanks for that information. What a pity a councillor couldn't come on here and tell us that.

In that case, shouldn't the new council be talking to the police about enforcing it as a matter of urgency?
Old 29-06-2011, 09:42   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
if thats the case kate, its like yeh cant use a mobile whilst driving,ruddy pointless, the law enforces sod all these days, unless its a soft target, gotta make the figures look good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..