Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 20:19   #16
God Member

Re: Very sad poorly doggy

We had to have one of our cats put to sleep last week, a very sad time and a very upsetting decision indeed, we found him in the street one morning and thought he`d had a stroke(he was only 10ish years old) turns out he`d suffered a severe head injury, we don`t know how as he had no other signs of injury, the vet said he could have been kicked in the head (if this is true i hope i never know what happened for the person involved sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)any way he improved over a week with tablets but then deteriated badly , we were offered tests but no guarantees so we decided not to let him suffer anymore, as it was really upsetting to see him as he was, our other 2 cats are wandering around like lost souls and the kids mention him every day............, make the most of you`re time left together. I think you made the right decision, the surgery and evasive treatments were`nt the way we wanted to go and i must admit i felt relieved when he was at peace.

Last edited by pipinfort; 10-07-2008 at 20:22.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2008, 20:41   #17
I am Banned

Thankyou - she is actually really well in herself so i thought it was just some kind of infection - only last night she was charging round bullying the younger dog we have and throwing her toys around
so at least i know she isnt suffering at the moment - she is probably looking at us and thinking - bloody hell whats wrong with them now
at least i know i have some time with her - and i am grateful for that - it must be awful when pets are just ripped away from you x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 20:50   #18
God Member

Sorry to hear about your furry friend but think you've made the right decision.
Old 10-07-2008, 20:59   #19
God Member

Think you have made the right decision, just enjoy her while you canxxx
Old 11-07-2008, 00:34   #20
Loz

Sorry to hear that,it's horrible when something like that happens.
You get so attached to your pets and come to think of them as one of the family,hope you enjoy the time you have left together.
Old 11-07-2008, 14:41   #21

I'm sure you have made the right decision but my heart goes out to you.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:19   #22
Resting in Peace

Sorry to hear about your dog Keetah, but I think you made the right decision, my friend had to have her dog put down a few years ago, it was 15 yeas old, she was heartbroken but she wouldn't let the poor little thing suffer. Hope you enjoy the time you have left together, as a dog lover myself I'll be thinking about you, keep your chin up Keetah

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..