Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 14:08   #1
I am Banned

Unhappy Very sad poorly doggy

Had a lump checked out on my furry baby last week just got results back now
it is a malignant tumour of the anal gland ( tmi i know )
pretty agressive apparently - going up to vets this aft again so she can check her agian get bloods and tell us where we go from here

its very sad i know but has anyone had any experience of a similar thing ?

i know its possible she may have pretty normal life for a year or so but i dont want to drag her out longer than she has to be

it funny isnt it you know they arent going to live forever but you kind of hope they will
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2008, 14:16   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Very sad poorly doggy

keetah you got my sympathy, wouldn't like to be in your position, its a bitch, good luck.
Old 10-07-2008, 14:43   #3

its very sad wen a member of the family gets so poorly, you have my sympathy. i lot my dog two year ago to cancer but i did not let him surfer
i had him put to sleep.hope things turn out ok for your dog.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 14:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its a bitch, good luck.
good choice of words lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 14:49   #5
God Member

Sorry to hear that, its hard I know, you want to keep em for ever, hope everything turns out OK for you

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 14:52   #6
Resident Waffler

It's the worst choice to have to make to decide what is best for a well-loved family pet when they have a serious illness. It's not easy but I have always felt it's best not to let them suffer. Sometimes I think we are kinder to animals than people. You have my sincere sympathies keetah.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 14:55   #7

So very sorry to hear this my thoughts are with you.
I lost one of my girls to Lymph node cancer not long ago my wonderful vet operated but sadly it wasnt to be
I always said if the time came and one of our dogs lost the quality of life we had to put our feelings to one side and consider our dog.hard i know but you will know when that time comes.until then enjoy every minute you have with her
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:38   #8
God Member

Sad to say, but when you get an animal part of the deal is that you know you will lose your buddy all too soon ... Like others have said, it's not the length of life that is important, it is the quality ... and much as you would like to keep them around for ever, the time comes all too soon that you have to make the decision for them .... you have to be the one who says to the vet, "enough." Done it more than a few times myself, doesn't get any easier.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:41   #9
Beacon of light

It is always heartbreaking when pets are ill, and you have to make that choice...this is where I defer to my hubby...he is soft with animals, but I am softer.
Hope you can hear some better news soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:43   #10
I am Banned

Just got back from vets - had long chat - and I have decided not to go for surgery as it could comprimise her quality of life - incontinence etc so she has been prescribed Prednisolone - to help reduce inflammation and slow it down a bit -
I cant be selfish and try to extend her life through surgery and invasive treatments - even if she is only here a couple more months - i want those to be good ones for her
thanks to all for support x
Old 10-07-2008, 15:44   #11
Beacon of light

Thinking of you Keetah
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 16:15   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
Just got back from vets - had long chat - and I have decided not to go for surgery as it could comprimise her quality of life - incontinence etc so she has been prescribed Prednisolone - to help reduce inflammation and slow it down a bit -
I cant be selfish and try to extend her life through surgery and invasive treatments - even if she is only here a couple more months - i want those to be good ones for her
thanks to all for support x
Good choice.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 16:48   #13
Resting in Peace

Just to say, as everyone else has said all the correct things ... sorry ... x
Glad to see you have opted for a non-suffering shorter termination of her life, than drawn out suffering.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 17:11   #14
I am Banned

thanks Kate x
Old 10-07-2008, 18:27   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What a horrible couple of days you've had. It's always difficult to know what to do. I am grateful that my choice was taken from me but sad to lose my furry friend. All I can say is that quality of life IMO is far better than quantity. I think you have made the right choice. All the best.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..