Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2009, 09:06   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Incidentally, Alex, are you ever going to post about any other subject? Maybe in the nostalgia section to tell us about your recollections of Accy in the old days...or the music section...or even the Stanley section. Or have you got such a one-dimensional personality that you can only talk about one subject? There are plenty of members on here who have religious beliefs, but they don't constantly push them in our faces.

I reckon if you carry on persistently attempting to inflict your own narrow view of Christianity on us in such an obsessive fashion, then your posts are really no better than spam and you would be better off elsewhere - Godbothersareus.com or some such forum where you and your fellow-obsessives can rant at each other to your heart's content.
Old 31-10-2009, 09:22   #77
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I wonder? Perhaps this would be better in, today I met an accywebber, but could this 'disciple of The Lord', be the same bloke that often spends Saturday Morning ranting on Broadway?
If it is you Alex, could you turn your amplifier down to just an ear piercing cacophony?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 10:52   #78
Junior Member+

The word of the Lord concerning Cities and Tents

If you did not want to hear the word of Christ or learn what the Bible says then I expect you would not have clicked on this message. So there is your opportunity to turn a deaf ear ....

After praying, this is the answer I received:
I found the comment that Rio De Janeiros still has slums well considered.
Christ is greatly blessing me:

Isaiah 45v24 Surely, shall one (myself) say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
Isaiah 45v25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

I am grateful for the support of the Roman Catholic Church in tackling these problems in Rio De Janeiros. It is far better in my experience than any critic here for all their fine words.
I pray that the Pope becomes more personally involved too.
Pointing out how much more needs to be done will not build a single house in Rio De Janeiros. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead" James 2:20
Looking at Rio De Janeiros we can also see that some live in worse tents than others.
"He answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him give to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise." Luke 3:11.
I support the church of Christ in cities throughout Latin America and Mexico as Christ provides:

"And there he makes the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation" Psalm 107:36

"The righteous shall see it (the cities I mentioned raised up), and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth." Psalm 107:42

"Whoso is wise, and will observe (make an effort to understand) these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." Psalm 107:43

The Lord has said to me that He upholds me and my cause as it is just in His eyes:

"Tell you, and bring them near; yes, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? HAVE not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a JUST God and a SAVIOUR; there is none beside me." Isaiah 45:21

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the JUST; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

"That which is altogether JUST shall you follow, that you may live, and
inherit the land which the LORD thy God gives you." Deuteronomy 16:20

Numbers 35:6 And among the cities which you shall give unto the Levites there shall be six cities for refuge, which you shall appoint for the manslayer, that he may flee there: and to them you shall add forty and two cities.

Numbers 35:11 Then you shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee there, which kills any person at unawares.

Numbers 35:12 And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

Numbers 35:13 And of these cities which you shall give six cities shall you have for refuge.

Numbers 35:14 you shall give three cities on this side Jordan, and three cities shall you give in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

Numbers 35:15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the sojourner (visitor) among them: that every one that kills any person unawares may flee there.
The christian interpretation of these passages is this:
I am part of a royal priesthood just like the Levites. I appoint Kingston in Canada, Rio de Janeiros, Hyndburn and the cities I referred to be christian cities of refuge and blessing; again calling for them to be raised up.
If God can so bless murderers in these cities will He not bless you if you ask?
Those who are to find salvation and blessing there are people, especially, who are without hope.
They (and we) are also people who that have "killed any person (Jesus) unawares".
We are the reason why Christ was slain.
It is also in the power of the Christian churches in Latin America, say, to appoint cities likewise.
My ministry here can be seen as fulfilling Joshua 20:2 for Christ.

Joshua 20:2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses.

I thank God that the word I have sown has taken root here.
At the moment I have no formal ministry and I am prepared to put Christ to the test.
If you feel that you want or God is calling you to support this ministry then be blessed as you sow some seed.
You can also do this by supporting your own church or some other Christian ministry.
You may be able to provide clothes, labour, food, or property.
It is up to you what you sow.
I believe that Christ has blessed you as you read His word here. If you do not know
Christ personally I encourage you to write to me.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If God's finished rebuilding Rio, fabulously quaint shanty slums, by the way, and is about to start on Accrington, could we have a beach as well please?

Perhaps God could exchange Accrington's present tents for nice little chalets?

He could be like an omnipresent Billy Butlin.

Last edited by Mick; 02-11-2009 at 07:22.
Alex Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 11:16   #79

Oh David, erm' sorry Alex, next time you talk to God get him to show you how to do quotes properly so that they stand out like so:-

Quote:
Isaiah 45v24 Surely, shall one (myself) say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
That way people will be able to ignore these important bits much more quickly.

Quote:
Isaiah 45v25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
You could even do them in a really frightening red,

or

In different

sizes?

By the way as a Christian why is your God speaking mainly to you from the old and some say vicious Testament rather than the new Testament of the loving God?

Last edited by Less; 31-10-2009 at 11:21.
Old 31-10-2009, 11:30   #80
Resting in Peace

Oh God not another Wally, Life is bad enough, but can't stand people who peddle God, either on Web sites or on the door step. Religion is a personal thing, I'm a practicing Roman Catholic and would dream of pushing my views down any one else's throat, pardon the pun but get a life Alex
Old 31-10-2009, 11:34   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh God not another Wally, Life is bad enough, but can't stand people who peddle God
Think yourself lucky God was by your side to protect you in Hospital, or else Mick might have visited and stood on your Oxygen line again!

Old 31-10-2009, 12:10   #82
Give, give, give member

There seems to be a fine line between someone hearing the voice of their god, and mental illness.

Especially when they apparently know the Catholic church is doing more in Rio, than 'any critic on here.'

Being psychic, and knowing what we're all doing, or have done, must be a blessing.

As stated earlier, bring it on brother!

For you are queering Logan's political pitch with your rantings, marvelously.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 12:20   #83
Give, give, give member

It's shocking when a jury doesn't believe someone has a direct line to God, and that they were told to kill those fallen women, as in the case of Peter Sutcliffe.

It appears quite a few of God's chosen messengers have quite a few of their wires crossed.

Old 31-10-2009, 12:30   #84
Give, give, give member

Damn, the address has been taken off, for those wishing to book the preacher!

I now have a vacancy for next Sunday, if anyone's looking for a pulpit, at the Church of the Poisoned Mind.

Old 31-10-2009, 14:56   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
if anyone's looking for a pulpit, at the Church of the Poisoned Mind.
I know I knew you from somewhere!
Old 31-10-2009, 15:01   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Think yourself lucky God was by your side to protect you in Hospital, or else Mick might have visited and stood on your Oxygen line again!

never thought of that Less, one must be thankful for small mercies
Old 31-10-2009, 15:22   #87

Just working from memory, I promise I won't Google anything, (honest, so this is MY, interpretation).

God put his only child on Earth, after being pleasant and helping wherever he could, trying to advise people about how we should all be nice to each other, the poor lad was Crucified, murdered, forced to pop his clogs long before he got the true message across.

Unfortunately for him there were a few leaders of the 'Church', that felt threatened, the Country was ruled by outsiders that didn't believe, one of them leant over backwards not to have this bloke condemned, (what better example of a Christian act could we see?),

However condemned to death this talented narrator was.

Was he bitter? No.

Did he Start swearing and say, "I'll get you all at play time"? No.

With his dying breath he said something along the lines of, "Hey up Dad don't blame the ignorant so, & so's for this, they haven't a clue about righteousness.

Was he talking about the Roman that tried to save his life? No.

Was he thinking of the Worldwide Barbarian's that had no chance to hear the word of one who's life was cut so short? No.

Perhaps he was talking about the ones that listened but failed to grasp the sentiments and love in his words? No.

'He', was talking about the established Church, the ones that refused to let go of what little power they had.

'He', is supposedly the Son of the God of love, the one that gave us all free will, we know this Son, he was supposedly Sacrificed for all of us so that his dad would forgive us our sin's.

I as an atheist, have more chance of sitting at the right hand of God than the sinners that manipulate his words.

Why? Because like many others although I'm a doubting Thomas, I try not to harm anyone or twist the words in the way these 'Good', Christians try to do.

There you go, that's my severe Penny's worth, suck the juice out of that you Messiah Murderer!

Last edited by Less; 31-10-2009 at 15:29.
Old 31-10-2009, 20:34   #88
Resting in Peace

Oh Lord all mighty and divine who turned the water into wine bless the landlord and all his kin who somehow turned it back agin

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:22   #89
God Member

Re: The word of the Lord concerning Cities and Tents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
If you did not want to hear the word of Christ or learn what the Bible says then I expect you would not have clicked on this message. So there is your opportunity to turn a deaf ear ....

After praying, this is the answer I received:
I found the comment that Rio De Janeiros still has slums well considered.
Christ is greatly blessing me:

I am grateful for the support of the Roman Catholic Church in tackling these problems in Rio De Janeiros. It is far better in my experience than any critic here for all their fine words.
I pray that the Pope becomes more personally involved too.
Pointing out how much more needs to be done will not build a single house in Rio De Janeiros. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead" James 2:20
Looking at Rio De Janeiros we can also see that some live in worse tents than others.
"He answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him give to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise." Luke 3:11.
I support the church of Christ in cities throughout Latin America and Mexico as Christ provides:

"And there he makes the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation" Psalm 107:36

"The righteous shall see it (the cities I mentioned raised up), and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth." Psalm 107:42

"Whoso is wise, and will observe (make an effort to understand) these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." Psalm 107:43

The Lord has said to me that He upholds me and my cause as it is just in His eyes:

"Tell you, and bring them near; yes, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? HAVE not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a JUST God and a SAVIOUR; there is none beside me." Isaiah 45:21

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the JUST; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

"That which is altogether JUST shall you follow, that you may live, and
inherit the land which the LORD thy God gives you." Deuteronomy 16:20

Numbers 35:6 And among the cities which you shall give unto the Levites there shall be six cities for refuge, which you shall appoint for the manslayer, that he may flee there: and to them you shall add forty and two cities.

Numbers 35:11 Then you shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee there, which kills any person at unawares.

Numbers 35:12 And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

Numbers 35:13 And of these cities which you shall give six cities shall you have for refuge.

Numbers 35:14 you shall give three cities on this side Jordan, and three cities shall you give in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

Numbers 35:15 These six cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the sojourner (visitor) among them: that every one that kills any person unawares may flee there.
The christian interpretation of these passages is this:
I am part of a royal priesthood just like the Levites. I appoint Kingston in Canada, Rio de Janeiros, Hyndburn and the cities I referred to be christian cities of refuge and blessing; again calling for them to be raised up.
If God can so bless murderers in these cities will He not bless you if you ask?
Those who are to find salvation and blessing there are people, especially, who are without hope.
They (and we) are also people who that have "killed any person (Jesus) unawares".
We are the reason why Christ was slain.
It is also in the power of the Christian churches in Latin America, say, to appoint cities likewise.
My ministry here can be seen as fulfilling Joshua 20:2 for Christ.

Joshua 20:2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses.

I thank God that the word I have sown has taken root here.
At the moment I have no formal ministry and I am prepared to put Christ to the test.
If you feel that you want or God is calling you to support this ministry then be blessed as you sow some seed.
You can also do this by supporting your own church or some other Christian ministry.
You may be able to provide clothes, labour, food, or property.
It is up to you what you sow.
I believe that Christ has blessed you as you read His word here. If you do not know
If you want me to come to your church and share this ministry you can write to me at:
Cities of Refuge
Mr Alexander Ross
7, Midland Street
Accrington
Lancashire
United Kingdom
BB5 2AX

Alex
Sheesh (that's Canadian, eh .... a mild expletive expressing exasperation.)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37   #90
Senior Member+

Re: The word of the Lord concerning Cities and Tents

never has the scroll wheel on my mouse had a better purpose. I like the exercise my middle finger gets when you post and quote garbage from an old novel

Quote:
can you give me his email address instead, I would like to speak to him directly

Quote:
If you do not know

Last edited by Restless; 01-11-2009 at 10:40.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..