Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2009, 10:10   #1
Junior Member+

Voting for Christian in Politics

Thanks for the opportunity of explaining why you should support christian politicians. I will presume that you are a non christian although my arguments will be largely Bible based.
This is why I shall support Kevin:

1. Corruption and Abuse of Power comes from sin and evil within us.
Christians have the power to overcome sin and evil. This is not to say everyone in politics is evil (thank God). Lets look at this more like Christ. The grace of Christ is freely available to politicians to overcome their personal problems and failings.
I have availed myself of that and I believe Kevin has too. The bible says "the Son of Man HAS POWER to FORGIVE SINS".
If polticians are seen to be failing on a personal level then christians have two responcibilities.
First to show them that Christ can deliver them.
Secondly we cannot ignore our own calling to save the people. Politicians are not saving the British people from any significant problem. Christ is the way.

2. We should uphold the arms of leaders sent by God (Exodus 17:10-13).
Hur and Aaron accompanied Moses to the top of a hill to watch Joshua fight the Amalekites.
As long as Moses had his hands held up the Israelites were winning the battle.
Hur and Aaron did their best to help Moses hold up his arms and the Israelites achieved victory.
Our victory will not be a physical battle or war but a good and prosperous society

3. This brings me to a more important point. What do we mean by democracy. Their have been different forms of democratic government. I seem to recall that the ancient Greeks considered it their personal duty as a citizen to give public speeches. I think this is closer to the biblical truth. Christ does not only expect you to vote for Kevin He expects you to be involved in a personal way that I described above.
Now that may seem a little negative so let me explain how and why Christ wants to bless Hyndburn.
1. Accrington is on God's heart (Hebrews 11) . I bear witness that Chriast is blessing Rio de Janeiros, Mumbae, Moscow, Macao, and Xiamen. If Christ can raise up these cities is it so difficult to raise up Accrington?
We are living in tents in Accrington when Christ wants to give us a city of His design.
V9. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
v10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
How does God find Accrington today? How does He want to build it?
v14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own.
v15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return.
v16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their (and Kevin's) God, for he has prepared a city for them (and Kevin - note this is NOT only the heavenly one).
Christ has already prepared all this for Accrington. WE just need to accept it.
Let those who have ears, hear.
Alex
Alex Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2009, 10:20   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 10:21   #3
Super Moderator

This is all very well, but is He going to save Stanley?
Old 26-10-2009, 10:24   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Enoch was right, You let one in and that opens the floodgates for them all, come back life, god botherers are even worse.

(I don't think the new testament is as long as this first post)!

Last edited by Less; 26-10-2009 at 10:27.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 10:31   #5
Give, give, give member

The reasons I wouldn't ever vote for this man, are given in this thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...gan-49652.html

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 10:34   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
he lived in tents, as did Isaac
So...the owd lad's gone camping? Thought I hadn't seen him around town for awhile. Have Florrie and Vito gone with him?
Old 26-10-2009, 10:42   #7
JFT96

me neither.
This guy is just as bad as the fascists

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 10:42   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
Accrington is on God's heart (Hebrews 11) . I bear witness that Chriast is blessing Rio de Janeiros, Mumbae, Moscow, Macao, and Xiamen. If Christ can raise up these cities is it so difficult to raise up Accrington?
We are living in tents in Accrington when Christ wants to give us a city of His design.
Chriast Almighty.

Just when you thought it was safe to walk on the water.

Just a li'l tip.

The constituency of Hyndburn doesn't just consist of Accrington, and I believe the tent dwellers of Ossy, Harwood, Church, Rising Bridge etc., might also be in need of this information.

Blessed are the meek, and the feeble minded.

Old 26-10-2009, 10:44   #9
JFT96

Alex, can the name calling at least wait until this evening, as I have to go to Barcelona and Tanger, twice today.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 10:46   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The constituency of Hyndburn doesn't just consist of Accrington, and I believe the tent dwellers of Ossy, Harwood, Church, Rising Bridge etc., might also be in need of this information.
See, I TOLD you, they should've changed the name of the whole borough to Accrington. That way you would've been saved!
Old 26-10-2009, 11:09   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
See, I TOLD you, they should've changed the name of the whole borough to Accrington. That way you would've been saved!
Yes, but your old school chum, Peter Britcliffe, just wanted to change the name of tthe borough council, at some considerable cost.

The Parliamentary Consitituency would have remained as Hyndburn.

Old 26-10-2009, 11:28   #12
Super Moderator

Constituencies, councils, it's all the Kingdom of the Lord!

I notice that our new friend has disappeared now Do you think he's gone to report back to Kev the Rev that he's got a lot of work to do amongst the heathen folk of AccyWeb?
Old 26-10-2009, 12:03   #13

I dont support by choice any religious person, i think they need to get a grip on life and if they need a book to follow how about the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (aged 13 and 3/4s) its stood me in good stead for all my years.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 13:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spex357 View Post
I dont support by choice any religious person, i think they need to get a grip on life and if they need a book to follow how about the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (aged 13 and 3/4s) its stood me in good stead for all my years.
I would suggest the Kama Sutra, they would have less time to be bored
Old 26-10-2009, 14:14   #15
Senior Member+

Can life and this geezer not make a " social group " then they can both rattle on to their hearts content , without me reading it !!!
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..