Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2003, 15:17   #1

Post Walkers crisp promotion.

Has anyone actually won a free indian or chinese meal from walkers crisps?  I eat a lot of them and have never seen a winning ticket.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2003, 13:24   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: Walkers crisp promotion.

Yes i have sold 2 over here.Do not know what they are going to do with them though as they arenot valid abroad.Sold a couple of 20 pound notes as well in the last 2 years.So they are there
Old 24-11-2003, 15:22   #3
God Member

Dec 2000....I almost choked on a Walkers twenty quid note...managed to stagger into the pub bog & coughed it up down the pan....needless to say, I left it there....I've always wondered if anyone was desperate.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2003, 09:55   #4
adi

What pub was it Tealeaf?

Only i  remember my brother actually buying a round in December 2000 so he must have found some money!!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2003, 11:37   #5
God Member

Hi Adj,

I think it was the Bridge at Church........you can't get a better set of pans to  put your vegatable soup in than  those in the Gents there....someone once told me they were Grade III listed, although I may be confusing those with similar pans in the Princess Louise pub at Holborn, London......All I do remember is that I was under the influence at the time...
Old 26-11-2003, 15:37   #6
Junior Member+

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1069435023;start=0#2 date=11/24/03 at 17:22:56]Dec 2000....I almost choked on a Walkers twenty quid note...managed to stagger into the pub bog & coughed it up down the pan....needless to say, I left it there....I've always wondered if anyone was desperate.[/quote]

French Connection UK me running TL you musta been severely wasted to think a square of cardboard wrapped in cellophane was a crisp. The most orrible and disgusting thing I've had while in the "drunk but still capable of cooking" stage is cheese on toast made with those awful Kraft cheese slices (purely for safety reasons you understand: i.e. I didn't trust miself with a sharp knife or cheese grater - never again). In the Totallylagered zone I've eaten a catfood pizza at a Lar-De-Dars Halloween night and the odd Winalot Shape/Whiskas Cocktail as simple drunken lads bravado. The point is I've always pretty much known what I was eating. I'll have to try a night on the absinthe/aftershock or whatever it is TL was on that night!
Old 26-11-2003, 15:52   #7
God Member

My worse student eating prank was a box of budgie seed with a teaspoon....I came third..only pewked once...
Old 26-11-2003, 15:54   #8
God Member

Then the mexican eyewash challenge.....
Old 07-12-2003, 17:30   #9
Senior Member+

what amazes me though is that this year there appears to be no free money in Walkers Promotion.Last couple of years there has always been one on.
Old 07-12-2003, 17:47   #10

Has anyone ever thought it was a good idea to try and cut your own hair after having had a couple or three?

NOT to be recommended!
Old 08-01-2004, 13:34   #11
Senior Member+

My worst prank was to eat daffodil bulbs with my cheese on toast thinking they were onions.Happened many many moons ago though
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Pet food!!! Good grief Goldenballz, you're not my ex husband are you? I used to sometimes slip him a chum salad butty when he came in tanked. They must have been good, as he always demanded another one. Usually stick to donner kebab meat pizza with chilli sauce on it when I've had a drink, and the dog loves em too. Once won £20 in the Walkers crisps promo, several years ago. Had a good night out and one of the aforementioned pizzas on it. Cheers Walkers.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2004, 10:30   #13
Senior Member+

Yep I got lucky with a free coupon for a main course meal - off to the 'Balti Stan' we went that night !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..