Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2022, 08:44   #16
God Member

Re: War in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not at all Ma, as was seen after Hiroshima & Nagasaki, the testing at Bikini Atoll & more recently at Chernobyl & to a lesser extent Fukashima. Radiation knows no boundaries or borders, if one place gets it, various others will too.

I don't even think it'll be near UK, if the lunatic in the Kremlin does do the nuclear thing, we'll be directly targeted. All those years during the "Cold War", we were constantly drilled on the actions to take should a nuclear strike hit, even doing the drills we'd all pretty much cease to function due to short term, long term exposure, it was more a matter of how long after the initial blast.
Makes you wonder where all the climate change fanatics are now. Might have missed it but the greenies seem quiet at the moment. Surely a visit from st.greta would put vlad in his place once and for all till we can all concentrate on real issues like the vegan dish of the day and wind from cattle being a new heat source.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2022, 12:10   #17
Beacon of light

Yes, and there don’t seem to be any extinction rebellion lot do not seem to be queuing up to get on a plane for Kyiv to set up a protest there…..wonder how much carbon footprint is produced by cluster bombs and vacuum bombs.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:25   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, and there don’t seem to be any extinction rebellion lot do not seem to be queuing up to get on a plane for Kyiv to set up a protest there…..wonder how much carbon footprint is produced by cluster bombs and vacuum bombs.
well not a shock, that lot are like PUTIN off their heads.theres different levels of stupidity, but they sure come under that category.

Last edited by cashman; 03-03-2022 at 12:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:49   #19
Beacon of light

Yes, all this getting down to Zero emissions seems to be a bit useless if we are all going to be nuked out of existence.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-03-2022, 15:26   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Yes, all this getting down to Zero emissions seems to be a bit useless if we are all going to be nuked out of existence.

Not at all, considering the eu have decreed that "Nuclear" can go on the green fuels list ...... so all is right & proper.
Old 04-03-2022, 15:31   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just read on bbc sports page CHINA is supporting UKRAINE, that will put PUTINS nose out of joint myself i think its cos the money china makes around the world,selling stuff but who cares.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 04-03-2022, 16:10   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not at all, considering the eu have decreed that "Nuclear" can go on the green fuels list ...... so all is right & proper.
Aah….well now I see…….it all makes perfect sense.
If Russia applies the nuclear option we will not need to worry about zero emissions….or how we will pay the gas and electric……the bombs will see to that.
Old 04-03-2022, 16:13   #23
Beacon of light

As for China…I would not believe what they say.(I bet they had their fingers crossed)

It is alleged that China asked Russia to delay the invasion until the winter games finished.
Of course China says this is nonsense…..but then they would, wouldn’t they?
Old 04-03-2022, 16:16   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
As for China…I would not believe what they say.(I bet they had their fingers crossed)

It is alleged that China asked Russia to delay the invasion until the winter games finished.
Of course China says this is nonsense…..but then they would, wouldn’t they?
well money is more important to em i reckon cos they sell loads of stuff to the u.k yanks, and common market etc,
Old 04-03-2022, 17:09   #25
Beacon of light

Yes….that is true….but how good is money when your backside is kissing the stars on the shrapnel of a nuclear warhead?
Old 04-03-2022, 17:17   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well money is more important to em i reckon cos they sell loads of stuff to the u.k yanks, and common market etc,
The tiddles are hedging their bets, they were bankrolling Russia, but they've now turned the taps off for Putin. Mainly so they don't get tarred with the same brush & the world starts taking out sanctions on them.

That said though, they are one of the few countries still prepared to trade with Russia for their oil & gas since everyone else is snubbing Russia. Of course this then means China can get the deals they want on their terms because Russia will be desperate to raise the lost revenue.

Then when Russia collapses in on itself the Tiddlies will be romping to the fore to pick up the pieces & double their trade with these countries now looking for someone able to fill the trade void.
Old 04-03-2022, 18:50   #27
Beacon of light

The Saudis are also supporting Putin by trading with Russia….although how they are paying for goods when the Rouble is worth around one cent.
The rouble is lying in the rubble of the buildings that Putin swears he is NOT bombing.
Now I know that technology can be manipulated, but when you can watch the scenes play out in real time……how does that compute?

This is not going to end well, for anyone.
Old 04-03-2022, 18:58   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the saudis are a complete waste of space, and our money people love em.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:27   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the saudis are a complete waste of space, and our money people love em.
That my friend has always been the case, in reality they are an obnoxious, self serving, unlikeable shower, but seeing as the Camel jockeys sit on the bulk of the worlds natural oil & gas reserves which the rest of the world relies on ........

The West in particular will hold their collective noses, pucker up & kiss their wrinkly camel riding hoops regardless how distasteful, because,

(A) we need those "Cheap" resources.

(B) They're rolling in cash from the sales & will happily purchase Western luxury goods & military hardware they & all their oil haven't the nouse to produce.

In fact, I personally would class reason "A" as one of the most valid arguments for getting away from fossil fuels as expediently as possible. To see the abdullahs wallowing in all that oil & have nothing to show for it as they revert back to their tribal brutalizing of one another while the rest of us look on in smugness.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:40   #30
Beacon of light

Sainsbury’s is the first supermarket to rebrand Chicken Kiev as Chicken Kyiv.
Well whoopi do!
Should we be impressed?
Well I am not.
I would be far more impressed if the supermarkets got together, filled containers with food and drinking water and warm clothes….and transported the stuff to the people of the Ukraine.
Now that would really be something worth clapping for?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..