Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2022, 19:41   #46
Beacon of light

Re: War in Europe

I might not go quite that far, but I would certainly disable their ability to disrupt the lives of people who are trying to keep the cart on the wheels.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2022, 19:44   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I might not go quite that far, but I would certainly disable their ability to disrupt the lives of people who are trying to keep the cart on the wheels.
oh i certainly would.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:03   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And guess what?
Extinction rebellion are planning to blockade fuel depots in the coming weeks.
You could not make it up.
Here we are looking into the jaws of a nuclear abyss and this is their response,a pox on their houses.
Well, in a Democratic Country anyone has the right to protest against anything, but I do hope the organisers of this keep in mind that if those that turn up to make life awkward for others, did not use absolutely 'green' transport they should be disallowed to protest as hypocrites.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:14   #49
God Member

If they start glueing their heads to roads then, clearly, these people won’t be able to drink and risk severe dehydration.
So I’d suggest that drivers carry a plastic bottle of “natural, 100% human water” so they can pour it over the heads of protestor they come across.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:46   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, in a Democratic Country anyone has the right to protest against anything, but I do hope the organisers of this keep in mind that if those that turn up to make life awkward for others, did not use absolutely 'green' transport they should be disallowed to protest as hypocrites.
You have a right to protest as long as the protest is one certain way. Ask nigal farage as his event at bolton, which is basically anti net zero, has been cancelled. organise anything pro lockdown, blm, green, trans or promote dinghy divers then you,ll be fine with every organisation helping you. do the opposite where we might protest then you,re snookered.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 15:05   #51
Beacon of light

There is protesting and there is extinction rebellion protesting……I like Exiles idea of how we should treat them for dehydration.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..