Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57   #1
Resting in Peace

Watch what you put on the Internet

There was a bloke on Breakfast TV this morning who was an Internet security expert, and he demonstrating just who we use the Internet for the benefits of the savoury. He had a Mother and Daughter in the studio and he just kept on tuning these cards over with facts about her he had picked up from the Internet, it was incredible just what this chap came out with, glad I don't use sites like facebook that often
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2013, 10:18   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Watch what you put on the Internet

It's too late for you, there is already a site dedicated to Jaysayisms, the server crashes at least three times a day with the number of people trying to get on at the same time.
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:58   #3
God Member

i watch a tv show called person of interest and although it is pure fiction one of the main charecters said something that is pretty much acurate and that was that for many years the CIA and other government agencies have tried to devise ways to spy on and learn everything they can about the population and along came facebook where people give up every aspect of tehir lives openly and freely.

im not saying the CIA own facebook lol but could you imagine the wealth of information a government would have if they bought it.

once something is put out there on the net its pretty much there for good so always be carefull what you share

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:13   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

once something is put out there on the net its pretty much there for good so always be carefull what you share
I think we should put as much carp out there, it can only create jobs.
Eventually I might even be recruited to keep an eye on myself.
Hurrah work at last.
Old 05-02-2013, 13:15   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think we should put as much carp out there, it can only create jobs.
Eventually I might even be recruited to keep an eye on myself.
Hurrah work at last.
keeping and eye on you may be a two man job so you take the night shift and ill take teh day shift if thats ok

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 05-02-2013, 13:22   #6

Quote:
keeping and eye on you may be a two man job so you take the night shift and ill take teh day shift if thats ok
No problem, it leaves my afternoons free to go the Railway,

Hang on though, this could be a bluff, perhaps I'll need some sort of watcher to make sure that's actually where I'm going?
I can see full employment coming into place, all we need is a paranoid Government.
susie123 likes this.
Old 05-02-2013, 17:26   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i watch a tv show called person of interest and although it is pure fiction one of the main charecters said something that is pretty much acurate and that was that for many years the CIA and other government agencies have tried to devise ways to spy on and learn everything they can about the population and along came facebook where people give up every aspect of their lives openly and freely.

i'm not saying the CIA own facebook lol but could you imagine the wealth of information a government would have if they bought it.

Person of interest is quite good the new series has just started on 5
Old 05-02-2013, 17:31   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It's too late for you, there is already a site dedicated to Jaysayisms, the server crashes at least three times a day with the number of people trying to get on at the same time.
Ya but most of um don't know who jaysay is Less

and even that won't be as news worthy as Facebook, because I put very little on Facebook, compared to some who even post which side they dress and woman their knicker size, I have never used the dialogue box at the top of my wall when I log on I've only ever posted on other peoples comments
Old 05-02-2013, 17:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya but most of um don't know who jaysay is Less

and even that won't be as news worthy as Facebook, because I put very little on Facebook, compared to some who even post which side they dress and woman their knicker size, I have never used the dialogue box at the top of my wall when I log on I've only ever posted on other peoples comments
That statement is almost as bad as being a lifelong Tory voter!

Obviously you've never googled yourself.

Try it,

no, on second thoughts don't, you would never spell the name right, God knows what pervy results would appear!
Old 05-02-2013, 17:42   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That statement is almost as bad as being a lifelong Tory voter!

Obviously you've never googled yourself.

Try it,

no, on second thoughts don't, you would never spell the name right, God knows what pervy results would appear!
I did once googled Less
Old 05-02-2013, 17:47   #11

Quote:
I did once googled Less
Where did the 'd' come from?
Old 05-02-2013, 18:03   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Where did the 'd' come from?
my key board as usual
Old 05-02-2013, 18:50   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
im not saying the CIA own facebook lol but could you imagine the wealth of information a government would have if they bought it.
To the CIA nothing is sacred.

Bayou Renaissance Man: Of whisky, warfare and weapons of mass distraction
Old 05-02-2013, 19:11   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ya ask JFK
Old 05-02-2013, 22:07   #15
God Member

Quote:
Ya ask JFK
spekaing of JFK whos idea wa sit to name a president after an international airport ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..