Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2010, 21:43   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Watch where your taking photo's round here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Exactly, and if asked I presume, like myself, you'd quite happily told the policewoman your name etc.

'The sergeant also alluded to complaints from the public
In a statement, Lancashire police said they and members of the public were "concerned about the way in which [Patefield] was using his camera". It said police felt they had "no choice" but to arrest him because he was refusing to co-operate.'

The police seemed very reasonable and friendly to me.

He wanted confrontation.

He'd be better off getting a life.
Agree completely Garinda ... we all worry about terrorist threats, and they were only asking questions. This P(r)atfield was being obnoxious and confrontational .. enjoying the smug moment.

I have never been violent or ever hit anyone in my life ... but did have an overwhelming urge to gob this one..

Last edited by katex; 22-02-2010 at 21:45.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2010, 21:58   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Agree completely Garinda ... we all worry about terrorist threats, and they were only asking questions. This P(r)atfield was being obnoxious and confrontational .. enjoying the smug moment.

I have never been violent or ever hit anyone in my life ... but did have an overwhelming urge to gob this one..
thats summat we can both agree on kate.
Old 22-02-2010, 22:19   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
And who is it who hangs around Santa Claus on such an occaision as this? Is it old biddies on their Zimmer frames? Is the local drunks after staggering out the local hostelry? No. it's the local kiddies,,,,and if you are a Paedo, then that is the time to leer down the lens.
dont talk crap we have a member here who takes pictures of cows and posts them on here it dosnt mean hes shagging them it may be teh same guy who takes pics of accrington stanley matches with kids in the crowd and again it dosnt mean hes perving at them

the guy in the article was been polite and standing up for his rights and if he had been doing wrong he woudlnt have been released without charge, you may not like his style of response but he was been clear about his rights and not been offensive in anyway.

one second people are moaning tehir rights are been stripped away but the second somone uses what they have left hes branded an arogant pedophile

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 22-02-2010 at 22:26.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:29   #19
Resting in Peace

No Accyman .. he was playing to the camera for some sort of sensationalism .. wasting police time and our council tax money .. a subject which is close to your heart.....
Old 22-02-2010, 22:32   #20
God Member

Quote:
No Accyman .. he was playing to the camera for some sort of sensationalism .. wasting police time and our council tax money .. a subject which is close to your heart.....
the police were wasting their own time

this is england not russia we have freedom of speech and a demoracey ( well whats leftof it anyway)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 22-02-2010, 22:36   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the police were wasting their own time

this is england not russia we have freedom of speech and a demoracey ( well whats leftof it anyway)
All they asked for were his details .. not a difficult question really ...

Wonder how the Guardian got hold of it anyway ? Speaks volumes.
Old 22-02-2010, 22:41   #22
God Member

Quote:
All they asked for were his details .. not a difficult question really ...

well if you dont like that someone can refuse to give their details when they have done nothing wrong write to your MP asking for the law to be changed and organise a petition so that teh police can randomly harrass peolpe for no good reason.

oops they already can thanks to teh anti terrorism laws

Old 22-02-2010, 22:43   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spex357 View Post
Enjoying standing up for his rights doesnt make him a plank
Bob Patefield's Tír Na Saor - Freemen of Ireland website, which is sadly private to lesser mortals.
Bob Patefield's Page - TÃ*r Na Saor - Freemen of Ireland

'Tir na Saor aims to provide information to those wishing to empower themselves with the knowledge necessary to stand up for and exercise their ancient rights.
We aim to educate ourselves and others on the true nature and purpose of Law; how it applies to you and how to go about taking your life back.'
TÃ*r Na Saor - Freemen of Ireland - Calling all Freemen of Ireland... It's time to get organised!

The final nail, banged into the coffin made from planks, for a plank, and evidence that he might have a hidden agenda, when refusing polite requests from those men and women who police this country, they're sanctioned by King of the Plank people, David Icke.

Freeman Ireland - Tír na Saor Radio - David Icke's Official Forums

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

One man behaving obnoxious and arrogantly is another man's PLANK.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:44   #24

And what happens to his details when they have been taken?

It gets recorded somewhere & you end up on some list for future harrasement because then they have you down as a photographer.

And when the government rounds them all up & imprisons us for taking photo's then what?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:52   #25
God Member

I support him in his statement that more people should be aware of their rights, but I also think he was a bit quick with his defence and rather eager to be victimised.

The Police Officer thought the fellas were acting suspicious, acted accordingly and didn't back down or at all use exercise excessive force when faced with a lack of co-operation.

All respect to 'em.

Contrary to what some are saying, if there's any proof of a paranoid state, in this instance it lies in the arrested party rather than the PC/PCSO.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:53   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
And what happens to his details when they have been taken?

It gets recorded somewhere & you end up on some list for future harrasement because then they have you down as a photographer.

And when the government rounds them all up & imprisons us for taking photo's then what?
Name, address, finger prints, D.N.A., they can gladly have it all.

Mainly because I haven't broken the law, done anything wrong, or are planning to in the near future.

Old 22-02-2010, 22:58   #27
Give, give, give member

Although you can't access his Tir na Saor Fareemen of Ireland website, Google has lifted some of the boastful content...

Bob Patefield's Page - Tír Na Saor - Freemen of Ireland
sinead ;neehean replied to Bob Patefield's discussion 'I was arrested a couple of days ago after ... At 10:05am on December 22, 2009, Bob Patefield said… ...
freemanireland.ning.com/profile/BobPatefield?xg_source=activity -

A purely innocent Accy snapper, with no hidden agenda, or axe against the law to grind.

Yeah...ok, right.

Old 22-02-2010, 23:07   #28
Give, give, give member

Oh he's also being hailed as some sort of freedom fighting hero by right-wing nationalists.

Good example of how to speak to the police - Nationalists Online

Smile, you're on the Third Reich's Candid Camera.

Old 22-02-2010, 23:12   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Methinks this guys not the only plank.
Old 22-02-2010, 23:32   #30
Give, give, give member

A direct link from Tir na Saor - Freemen of Ireland, which the poor snapper Bob Patefield is a member, featuring men in terrorist balaclavas, with handy videos about how to deal with the police.

YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist's Channel

The Official Website of TheAntiTerrorist

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..