Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2010, 14:43   #46
God Member

Re: Watch where your taking photo's round here!

On the face of it, this seems very unfair on the man taking pictures but when you watch the video he comes across as a right knob.........get a grip just give them your details and sod off.....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2010, 14:44   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Foulridge.
Enough said
Old 23-02-2010, 14:48   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
On the face of it, this seems very unfair on the man taking pictures but when you watch the video he comes across as a right knob.........get a grip just give them your details and sod off.....
yeh whats pathetic though pips is the fact,one of our members dug out the history behind this knob in no time, the media "as usual" can't be bothered n sensationalise things to sell papers n the like. n judging by some of the responses here i can understand why.
Old 23-02-2010, 14:54   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh whats pathetic though pips is the fact,one of our members dug out the history behind this knob in no time, the media "as usual" can't be bothered n sensationalise things to sell papers n the like. n judging by some of the responses here i can understand why.
Well you know the journalistic slant cashy why let facts get in the way of a good byline
Old 23-02-2010, 14:55   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just one word sums it up for me ...ENTRAPMENT. That's what they set out to do by starting off acting suspiciously ... worrying innocent shoppers.

Did they come from Accrington ? Doubt it.
Yep its all rather pathetic isnt it, the idiot has obviously nowt better to do with his time.

Would be interesting to see how much support would have been generated on here if it were 2 blokes in Muslim apparel that were doing the filming!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:27   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Yep its all rather pathetic isnt it, the idiot has obviously nowt better to do with his time.

Would be interesting to see how much support would have been generated on here if it were 2 blokes in Muslim apparel that were doing the filming!

Best Regards - Taggy
Now your talking Taggy
Old 23-02-2010, 16:44   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorry to disappoint folks, but despite him being stupid I still think he was right in what he did. You are talking about a Christmas event & I bet other people were taking pictures too. He declines to give his details to a plastic Copper who can't do anything anyway, then the regular Coppers get involved,(3 Coppers if you count the plastic one) faffing about to get his details !! because he was acting suspiciously, how ? define Suspicious as it applies in this case.

As Rindy himself stated "where you there, as an eye witness ?" sadly the UK has the most surveillance cameras, rules & regs governing all kinds of stupid things, that really shouldn't need any laws, & you're buying into it. Most of the senseless drivel has been inflicted onto the British public under the Labour Government over the last 13 years.

You go on about not being able to do anything yet as soon as some one tries to execute this right you're all calling him, yes if he'd of given his details there'd of been no problem, but it's the principle ! As mentioned over the last 13 years you've been conditioned in UK to accept this raft of Crap from overbearing Politicians, Eastern Germany & Russia were prime examples of this mindset & it's happening in the UK now !

If he'd of done it here in Europe Holland, Germany, Belgium no one would've batted an eyelid. I can understand the sense in Anti terror laws when applied sensibly & judiciously, but the UK Govt. are using them & applying them on whims against normal citizens to control you. Come on face it people the use by the councils of surveillance laws to check what you're putting in your bins ! track down people ditching garden waste in the woods ! open your eyes !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 17:23   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
open your eyes !
I think it's you who need to open your eyes, if you can't see that because of their political motives, evidenced through membership of various anti-establishment groups, these people came to Accrington with the sole intention of arrousing suspicion, and not co-operating when challenged, with the reasonable requests of the people who police our country.

Personally my ears are just as importants as my eyes. Having heard three terrorist bombs explode, at Hyde Park, Harrods, and Victoria Station, which resulted in death, maiming, and the destruction of people's lives. One of the people who lost their life was a friend of mine.

Indeed a bomb was exploded just last night in part of the United Kingdom. So sadly people do still have to have their wits about them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...errorists.html

As stated earlier, members of the public would feel great regret if they didn't report their worries and suspicions to the police, after a tragic event. Happily in this case members of the public did report their unease to the police, that these men provoked.

These 'freedom fighters' could have been on their way, quite freely, if they'd simply supplied the details requested.

They chose not to.

Rebels without a clue.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 17:39   #54

Your linking terrorists with an innocent & legal act.

There is no comparison between them.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 17:58   #55
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye I saw the news & it was in Ireland, the troops are out but it still hasn't settled & it won't for a long time yet if ever. As to Political motives where does it state him being a terrorist ? the Police had him for 8 hours, if he'd have been a terrorit they would've gleaned that information in that time & had there been any suspicion they could've asked for an extension, they didn't & he was releasded (No charges) I signed up to Accy Web doesn't make me an Accringtonian does it ? I belonged to the British Legion didn't make me a legionnaire !

Rindy, Rindy you're doing it to me again, taking a comment out of context, the phrase "Open your eyes ! " is in referral to local councils, debt collecting agencies & the like being allowed to use surveillance on the bloke on the street for their ends & nothing to do with preventing terrorism.

The reasonable request was for his name & address which he then refused to give, there is no law against that if you've not done anything wrong. As I said it's a principle thing. You have your views & principles, he has his & I have mine, we aren't all good little Automatons, programmed to respond the same in every situation that is what makes us free thinking individuals.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 23-02-2010 at 18:02.
Old 23-02-2010, 18:06   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Your linking terrorists with an innocent & legal act.

There is no comparison between them.
No, I'm stating the fact that we live in an age of heightened security, because of terrorist acts carried out against us.

It is the man who was taking photographs, and arrousing the fears of people in Accrington, which resulted in them in alerting our police force, who is a member of a group which features videos of people dressed in typical terrorist garb, complete with disguised voices, not me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 18:13   #57
God Member

the thing is i would be glad the police stopped him.not saying he is ,he probably 100 percent not but theres enough paedophiles in accy who have been caught filming ie the one filming up girls skirts .so here here for the police in the video for doing there job.
Old 23-02-2010, 18:23   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

at the end of the day he was a harm lose divvy, taking a couple of photos, who when pulled up made things awkward for himself because of his stance, but that stance was his right we are still theoretically a free country "Innocent until proven Guilty" etc. or doesn't that cut it anymore ?

As to the pictures he took don't you think the Police had a look at what was on his Camera ? released without charges ! no further action.
Old 23-02-2010, 18:33   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
at the end of the day he was a harm lose divvy, taking a couple of photos, who when pulled up made things awkward for himself because of his stance, but that stance was his right we are still theoretically a free country "Innocent until proven Guilty" etc. or doesn't that cut it anymore ?

As to the pictures he took don't you think the Police had a look at what was on his Camera ? released without charges ! no further action.
a harmless divvy, that is a member of a group that dresses up like terrorists, who obviously did not go down accy wi innocent intentions, that dont cut it wi me, its you that wants to open yer eyes dave.
Old 23-02-2010, 18:34   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As to Political motives where does it state him being a terrorist ?
Problem is ... nobody is a terrorist until they commit an act of terrorism, and we all grumble about the police not being able to do anything on stalkers say, until they strike.

Admit though, these guys must have been purposely acting overly suspicious, in order to attract the attention of the public and consequently the police.

Has the day come when a child, hypothetically throwing stones at a window, is spotted by the police and the said child, on being requested his name and address from a police officer, will spout out his rights ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..