Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2010, 00:18   #106
Give, give, give member

Re: Watch where your taking photo's round here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Is this the end of freedom of speech ??..

Please feel free to introduce yourself Bob in the correct forum and tell us all about yourself ..
I think if he asks us anything, best say no comment.

As is our legal right.

Noncooperation is our best defence.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2010, 00:30   #107
Give, give, give member

Just checked, and strangely he hasn't bothered to join and post on this site.

Good example of how to speak to the police - Nationalists Online

Perhaps he's not issuing threats to the neo-Nazis because they are saying nice things about him, unlike the vast majority of members of Accy Web, and therefore he doesn't feel his character has been defamed.

Odd that.

Old 25-02-2010, 00:59   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTZilla View Post
I will be informing my solicitor about the 'deformation of character' that has been going on here in this thread and we will decide what action to take in due course.
Having read the whole thread again, I wish you the best of British luck, becuse no legal crime has been committed here, if you care to read what was actually posted, and how it was said.

Still, at least we can take pleasure in the fact that you'll have to pay your soliciter to find out this information from him/her.

Your's etc.,
Garinda Queen's Counsel.

Old 25-02-2010, 03:46   #109
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

One last point, only the other day some one mentioned CCTV Cameras going up in the area, & people were pleased about it ! Why ? these are more insidious & invasive than the Divvy taking the photos in the Town. Yet because it's done by the State/Council it's acceptable ? Your images from these are stored & shared throughout various agencies to use as they see fit.

Under what reason are these CCTV Cameras placed & activated ? Anti-Terrorism, Anti social behaviour, to stop people who are acting suspiciously ? al reasons cited by the police to the Divvy with the Camera why he SHOULDN'T be taking Photographs ! Yet this duplicity you'll gladly accept from the State! as I said "open your eyes" & take a good hard look around.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 07:01   #110
Junior Member+

OK. I've slept on it and I've decided that I'd much rather deal with this another way. I'm very happy for you to continue with your speculations and discussion, but please keep in mind that you will likely never know what really happened. In a situation like this, people and organizations will use words to attack and discredit as a form of defense.

Instead of conflict, I'm more interested in resolution and friendship, so that is what I offer to all.

I won't judge you, as I really know nothing about you, apart from what you have posted here, as you know nothing about me, other than what you have deduced from various sources. I won't mock you or try and make you look bad as, there is no room in me for that kind of negativity.

So, I truly wish to send you all my very best and hope that, when you look back upon your life, you are happy that you lived in honor and you treated others how you wished to be treated yourself.

With honesty, integrity & love.
Bob Patefield.

TacTZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 07:51   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well thats a relief, never slept was crapping meself.
Old 25-02-2010, 08:01   #112
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTZilla View Post
OK. I've slept on it and I've decided that I'd much rather deal with this another way. I'm very happy for you to continue with your speculations and discussion, but please keep in mind that you will likely never know what really happened. In a situation like this, people and organizations will use words to attack and discredit as a form of defense.

Instead of conflict, I'm more interested in resolution and friendship, so that is what I offer to all.

I won't judge you, as I really know nothing about you, apart from what you have posted here, as you know nothing about me, other than what you have deduced from various sources. I won't mock you or try and make you look bad as, there is no room in me for that kind of negativity.

So, I truly wish to send you all my very best and hope that, when you look back upon your life, you are happy that you lived in honor and you treated others how you wished to be treated yourself.

With honesty, integrity & love.
Bob Patefield.

Respect for that.

People will always have differing opinions on any matter. Such is life.

Though the hand of friendship will always be more welcomed than what seem liked threats, so welcome to Accy Web.

Old 25-02-2010, 08:20   #113
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
One last point, only the other day some one mentioned CCTV Cameras going up in the area, & people were pleased about it ! Why ? these are more insidious & invasive than the Divvy taking the photos in the Town. Yet because it's done by the State/Council it's acceptable ? Your images from these are stored & shared throughout various agencies to use as they see fit.

Under what reason are these CCTV Cameras placed & activated ? Anti-Terrorism, Anti social behaviour, to stop people who are acting suspiciously ? al reasons cited by the police to the Divvy with the Camera why he SHOULDN'T be taking Photographs ! Yet this duplicity you'll gladly accept from the State! as I said "open your eyes" & take a good hard look around.
Perhaps if Portugal had as many CCTV cameras as Britain, Madeline McCann would be at home with her family right now.

CCTV cameras were certainly a useful tool in bringing to justice the killers of poor Jamie Bulger.

Old 25-02-2010, 08:55   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well thats a relief, never slept was crapping meself.
Hell cashy you and Me alike mate, now maybe Bob will bob of and leaves us alone
Old 25-02-2010, 08:56   #115
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps if Portugal had as many CCTV cameras as Britain, Madeline McCann would be at home with her family right now.

CCTV cameras were certainly a useful tool in bringing to justice the killers of poor Jamie Bulger.
Agreed in these instances they were useful, but in many other cases they're of no practical use.

http://www.no-cctv.org.uk/case_against.asp
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 09:33   #116
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Agreed in these instances they were useful, but in many other cases they're of no practical use.

Well if CCTV results in just one small child being saved from harm, it's a price I'm very willing to pay.

Old 25-02-2010, 10:02   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well if CCTV results in just one small child being saved from harm, it's a price I'm very willing to pay.
Spot on Rindi, there is no need to fear CCTV if you keep your nose clean
Old 25-02-2010, 10:06   #118
God Member

Quote:
"If there had been a significant deterrent effect as a result of CCTV installation then a decline in police detection of violence rather than the noted increase would have occurred. This study provides no evidence of a deterrent effect."

its ok putting cameras up they do what they are put there to do it is the lack of willingness to punish the scum once caught in court that proves to not be a deterrent.Its ok capturing and recording evidence but it is no good if the evidence gathered isnt acted upon properly by judge.A criminal isnt going to worry about been caught on cctv if he knows the courts wont punish him propperly.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 10:10   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its ok putting cameras up they do what they are put there to do it is the lack of willingness to punish the scum once caught in court that proves to not be a deterrent.Its ok capturing and recording evidence but it is no good if the evidence gathered isnt acted upon properly by judge.A criminal isnt going to worry about been caught on cctv if he knows the courts wont punish him propperly.
thats a fair point, am all fer cctv, but it must do the job it is required to do,
Old 25-02-2010, 10:24   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats a fair point, am all fer cctv, but it must do the job it is required to do,
i know somone who works in a police comunications center and i can assure you not only have a lot of criminals been aprehended thanks to cctv but also a lot of people who go missing are found like children or elderly people who go wandering and even people with mental health issues who get lost thanks to cctv

cctv more than justifys its self in my opinion theres more positives to having cctv than negatives

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..